Page 67 of 400 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Sometimes I feel like Big 2 fans enjoy bitching and being angry. I mean, I totally get that, but wouldn't you rather just not be upset with your comics? Wouldn't you rather just enjoy and look forward to the stuff you read?
    Yeah, totally. But I kind of look at it like the process of evolution cleaning out the bad genes from our pool by rewarding survival traits. The good ones will get here soon enough while the rest are washed down the drain.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Yeah, totally. But I kind of look at it like the process of evolution cleaning out the bad genes from our pool by rewarding survival traits. The good ones will get here soon enough while the rest are washed down the drain.
    I'm beginning to think more like you as well.

My favorite thing about comics is superheroes and interconnected universes. Currently there are 4 major superhero universes in comics: Marvel, DC, Valiant, and Project Black Sky (Am I missing any?). If people who are looking for the same things as me would seriously choose current DC and Marvel over current Valiant, they simply are not wanting to read the higher quality comics. As douchey as that sounds, it's true. Undoubtedly, the big 2 have some really good titles, but the fight between the ratio of good and bad books each month is literally always won by Valiant.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 01-03-2015 at 03:17 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

My favorite thing about comics is superheroes and interconnected universes.
    Amen and amen... you summed up what I enjoy about comics, and Valiant comics in particular. I tried finding it at Marvel and DC in the past, alas, editorial mandates, focus on the next big movie release, and cow towing to superstar creatives resulted in nonsense.

Currently there are 4 major superhero universes in comics: Marvel, DC, Valiant, and Project Black Sky (Am I missing any?).
    Well, the Dynamite Gold Key characters struggle on, but it looks like they won't be long for the world. Not sure if I would call PBS a major superhero universe. Don't get me wrong, it has it's moments of brilliance and I have enjoyed their product, but I think Dark Horse needs to demonstrate more of a commitment and vision towards the line before they can be considered a contender. Consider the recent CBR interview with the head of DH vs. the one with the Valiant guys. Valiant: enthusiastic, looking to the future, specific details on upcoming books and creative teams. Dark Horse: PBS line referenced in 1-2 paragraphs that basically amounts to "not sure why it's not doing better, guess we need to market it more? Oh, hey, Barb Wire will be out sometime."

If people who are looking for the same things as me would seriously choose current DC and Marvel over current Valiant, they simply are not wanting to read the higher quality comics. As douchey as that sounds, it's true. Undoubtedly, the big 2 have some really good titles, but the fight between the ratio of good and bad books each month is literally always won by Valiant.
    Based on my last experience with the Big 2 (i.e. The birth of the new 52), I am inclined to agree. Most of that was crap wrapped up in a shiny event.

My favorite thing about comics is superheroes and interconnected universes. Currently there are 4 major superhero universes in comics: Marvel, DC, Valiant, and Project Black Sky (Am I missing any?). If people who are looking for the same things as me would seriously choose current DC and Marvel over current Valiant, they simply are not wanting to read the higher quality comics. As douchey as that sounds, it's true. Undoubtedly, the big 2 have some really good titles, but the fight between the ratio of good and bad books each month is literally always won by Valiant.
    Valiant is putting out a quality product. I keep hoping some other Indies will step up to the plate and develop their own super hero lines. I understand where Dark Horse is coming from when they state that it is hard for them to get brick and mortar retailors to want to stock more super titles when DC and Marvel are flooding the market with mediocre books people buy because they have heard the name per say. However, we live in the age of digital distribution and with more companies like Comixology entering the fray it is easier than ever to market your product directly to a consumer. The big two push a lot of product but due to the changing nature of their aims a big void is opening that could lead to indie success stories.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    ... Well, the Dynamite Gold Key characters struggle on, but it looks like they won't be long for the world.

... Based on my last experience with the Big 2 (i.e. The birth of the new 52), I am inclined to agree. Most of that was crap wrapped up in a shiny event.
    I wonder if Solar and the other titles might find their way back to Valiant?

With the big companies comic books don't earn enough to warrant the attention they need when faced with toys, games, feature films, and ever other piece of junk they can label. The books become the outlet for everything else to be marketed. I hate that and keep looking for companies still primarily in the super hero comic business to support.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

BANNED

So much Big 2 hate on here now and I'm not really liking the elitist attitude. I figured we'd be above that. No publisher is perfect, they have titles that great and that aren't. If being a fan of indie titles, means bashing the bigger publishers, then I don't want to be a part of it.
    Last edited by Starchild; 01-03-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    I wonder if Solar and the other titles might find their way back to Valiant?
    I believe Valiant has stated their position that they would only be interested in the characters if they can own them, not license.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    So much Big 2 hate on here now and I'm not really liking the elitist attitude. I figured we'd be above that. No publisher is perfect.
    Definitely agree, no publisher is perfect and Valiant definitely has its flaws. I'd argue you're not seeing hatred here, but enthusiasm for the new enhancing the dissatisfaction with the old.

BANNED

So much Big 2 hate on here now and I'm not really liking the elitist attitude. I figured we'd be above that. No publisher is perfect, they have titles that great and that aren't. If being a fan of indie titles, means bashing the bigger publishers, then I don't want to be a part of it.
    It's not so much "bashing" as it is expressing an aesthetic preference and signifying where you think a publisher is dropping off...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Definitely agree, no publisher is perfect and Valiant definitely has its flaws. I'd argue you're not seeing hatred here, but enthusiasm for the new enhancing the dissatisfaction with the old.
    Some of the posts on this very page just comes off as elitist. For example "If people who are looking for the same things as me would choose current DC and Marvel over current Valiant, then they simply aren't want to read higher quality comics"

I don't know but that seems a little snobbish to me. Especially when you are trying to present it as a fact.

Some of the posts on this very page just comes off as elitist. For example "If people who are looking for the same things as me would choose current DC and Marvel over current Valiant, then they simply aren't want to read higher quality comics"

I don't know but that seems a little snobbish to me. Especially when you are trying to present it as a fact.
    Yea, like I said, I'm completely aware that it was a little douchey, but it's not being an elitist, it's being a realist. You can look at any comic review website you want; it's blatantly obvious that Valiant is making better books than the big 2, especially considering the larger connected universe.

And just to be clear, you have to realize that this is a thread specifically for lovers of Valiant. I don't really have a problem with showing my love of a publisher that I think is making the absolute best creative decisions of any comic publisher in the past decade here, even if I do show a little bias.
    Also... what's wrong with big 2 hate?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

BANNED

Yea, like I said, I'm completely aware that it was a little douchey, but it's not being an elitist, it's being a realist. You can look at any comic review website you want; it's blatantly obvious that Valiant is making better books than the big 2, especially considering the larger connected universe.

And just to be clear, you have to realize that this is a thread specifically for lovers of Valiant. I don't really have a problem with showing my love of a publisher that I think is making the absolute best creative decisions of any comic publisher in the past decade here, even if I do show a little bias.
    Also... what's wrong with big 2 hate?

Call it what you want, but I know a elitist fan when I see one. I deal with your type Monday through Friday, from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm. I know that this is a Valiant thread, I can read. What you are saying is all subjective, you aren't even close to being right, no matter what you believe. It's sad that you have to bring Marvel and DC down in order to praise Valiant. Like I said before, they aren't perfect. Just like you can find flaws in the big two, I can find flaws in Valiant or any other small publisher as well.
    Last edited by Starchild; 01-03-2015 at 07:54 AM.

BANNED

If this is the type of mentally that I'm going to see on these boards, then I might as well not even be here. It's sad, to be honest.

Call it what you want, but I know a elitist fan when I see one. I deal with your type Monday through Friday, from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm. I know that this is a Valiant thread, I can read. What you are saying is all subjective, you aren't even close to being right, no matter what you believe. It's sad that you have to bring Marvel and DC down in order to praise Valiant.
    There is nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws of a publisher, and there is nothing wrong with picking a side. As I said above, for me and other comic fans like myself (who are into interconnected superhero universes), there are 3 competing publishers, and I think Valiant is doing it best, by a long shot. So of course we're going to talk about the flaws of DC and Marvel. Those flaws are what got us all to try Valiant in the first place.

BANNED

There is nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws of a publisher, and there is nothing wrong with picking a side. As I said above, for me and other comic fans like myself (who are into interconnected superhero universes), there are 3 competing publishers, and I think Valiant is doing it best, by a long shot. So of course we're going to talk about the flaws of DC and Marvel. Those flaws are what got us all to try Valiant in the first place.
    Speak for yourself, my love for the superhero universes that Marvel and DC have to offer is why I'm reading Valiant in the first place. Not flaws, but enough of this, I'm done.
    Last edited by Starchild; 01-03-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Speak for yourself, my love for the superhero universes that Marvel and DC have to offer is why I'm reading Valiant in the first place. Not flaws, but whatever I'm done. I'm just disgusted right now.
    You're being a little dramatic, don't you think? You happen to like Marvel and DC, I (and some other people in this thread) think it's crap. We disagree. We both came to Valiant from different perspectives, and that's fine. If you don't wanna join in the ridicule of something you like, just don't, but don't tell us that we can't ridicule something that we don't think is good.