Page 356 of 400 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 6000
    BANNED

There is no new Archer and Armstrong's?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    There is no new Archer and Armstrong's?
    Nope. There was a one-shot a few months back, but that's about it.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

I read Ninjak in Matt Ryan's voice ( he did Constantine and Edward Kenway from Assassins creed 4).

I finally got to see the FCBD issue, its on Valiants comic app. The book was mostly made up of previews that I had already seen, but what really intrigued me was the splash page by MJ Kim. The image focused on Valiants B and supporting characters from different books, Divinity and Mishka was front and centre, but also close to them was Savage and Geomancer. So does Valiant have upcoming plans for these two, I wonder?
    val mj kim.jpg
    Last edited by Shadowras; 05-16-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Im way behind on my Valiant but am just about to make a concentrated effort to get back into it. Currently at the back end of 2016 and just finished Venditti's Eternal Warrior stuff. Now on to Gen Zero and Renegades!

What are folks enjoying out of the current series? Was Secret Weapons any good? Is Dysart back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I finally got to see the FCBD issue, its on Valiants comic app. The book was mostly made up of previews that I had already seen, but what really intrigued me was the splash page by MJ Kim. The image focused on Valiants B and supporting characters from different books, Divinity and Mishka was front and centre, but also close to them was Savage and Geomancer. So does Valiant have upcoming plans for these two, I wonder?
    Bro, the pinup didn't focus on B and supporting characters. It consists of entirely VEI creations, ie: not adapted from the 90's comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Im way behind on my Valiant but am just about to make a concentrated effort to get back into it. Currently at the back end of 2016 and just finished Venditti's Eternal Warrior stuff. Now on to Gen Zero and Renegades!
    For the love of god, read Gen. Zero before Renegade's second volume! Just... trust me.

What are folks enjoying out of the current series? Was Secret Weapons any good? Is Dysart back yet?
    Secret Weapons was fantastic. I think most people see it as the sort of second coming of Dysart's era on Harbinger. Although I think it's just a tad overrated, it's significantly better than Renegade, Gen. Zero, or Faith, the new characters are really engaging and interesting, and the artwork is something else. HIGHLY recommended, including the two #0 issues.

But sadly, no, Dysart is not back. He will be writing "The Life and Death of Toyo Harada" mini-series in early 2019 though.

There's actually only a few books out now... X-O, Bloodshot, Ninjak, Q&W, Shadowman, and Harbinger Wars II. I'd rank Kindt's first year of X-O inbetween the first and second halves of Venditti's run. It's got it's issues, but I think it's really ambitious and unique. Personally, I've been a little bored/annoyed by Bloodshot Salvation as of late, but it's solid. If you liked Reborn, you'll like Salvation. Ninja-K is really great. I don't have any real problems with it, and it does a fantastic job at world-building and exploring the Valiant U. Q&W is... okay. I find myself laughing a few times per issue, and the story is legitimately moving, but I don't ever really find myself excited for the next issue. Plus, a new writer is taking over on only issue #6, which is frustrating. Shadowman has only had two issues so far, and they were fine. I think it's been getting a lot of praise, but I'm personally not a huge fan. Don't take my word for it, I've never really been into magic-y superheroes. And finally, the only HW2 issue to have been released was the prelude, by the same people that made Secret Weapons, and it was really, really good. I can't wait for more, but after hearing about the changes to the format, I'm a little skeptical.

Some highlights that you may have missed from 2017-2018:
    Faith (at least the first couple of arcs)
    Brittania
    Savage
    Divinity III: Stalinverse
    Eternity
    Armstrong and the Vault of Spirits (one-shot)
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Just want to say that the Shadowman series has been amazing so far! Also check out this interview with Andy. He got me even more excited for Shadowman as he said that he will be more involved in the Valiant Universe! Which is what I thought one of the problems with the first series was, a lack of the shared universe feel. So looking forward to more Shadowman! Plus there is a great preview for issue four in it too!

http://www.comicon.com/2018/05/15/he...lus-4-preview/
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Just want to say that the Shadowman series has been amazing so far! Also check out this interview with Andy. He got me even more excited for Shadowman as he said that he will be more involved in the Valiant Universe! Which is what I thought one of the problems with the first series was, a lack of the shared universe feel. So looking forward to more Shadowman! Plus there is a great preview for issue four in it too!

http://www.comicon.com/2018/05/15/he...lus-4-preview/
    I agree. The book has been pretty good so far. I'm surprised that almost no one around here seems to like it very much

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I agree. The book has been pretty good so far. I'm surprised that almost no one around here seems to like it very much
    Really? Is it that unliked? In the Valiant Facebook group in in people seem to like it.

Edit:
    Also solicits are up for August! Those Shadowman covers looks great. I'm glad we're going to be learning more the loa.

https://www.newsarama.com/40031-vali...citations.html
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-22-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Pulls:

Sounds like Bloodshot: Salvation could be ending based on the solicitiation there.. Relaunch again after Harbinger Wars 2?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Sounds like Bloodshot: Salvation could be ending based on the solicitiation there.. Relaunch again after Harbinger Wars 2?
    That's my guess too. With the movie coming out they are so not gonna stop using him haha.
    Pulls:

Shadowman is a good read and issue 4 sounds cool.

Shadowman's problem last volume was Jack himself as he felt rather generic. I'm hoping this volume gives him more to do, maybe even give him a few villians unique to him rather than the mantle.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-24-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Hey Valiant gang, I'm still in process of catching up, but I'd like to read your opinions of the current runs on Ninja-K by Gage and Shadowman by Diggle.

Full disclaimer, I'm somewhat biased against those writers based on some of their previous work for the big M which was very disappointing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Hey Valiant gang, I'm still in process of catching up, but I'd like to read your opinions of the current runs on Ninja-K by Gage and Shadowman by Diggle.

Full disclaimer, I'm somewhat biased against those writers based on some of their previous work for the big M which was very disappointing for me.
    Well I'm behind on Ninja-K, but I can speak about the new Shadowman. I think it's better then the last series. So far it's been building up great and we are learning a lot. In issue 3 the foreshadowing is great and I can tell Andy has big things all planned out, which I'm looking forward to. The art has also been amazing and his redesign is awesome! I'm looking forward to him interacting with new baddies and other characters in the VU.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post

ninja-k is pretty good to me. I'd say its worth a read.