Page 11 of 380 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 5698
  1. #151
    Mighty Member Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    What if after Q2, Valiant gets Christopher Priest to write Shadowman, if anyone can make this book work its him.
    Might happen, but it would take a while. According to Valiant, Milligan has already written the first half year of the next Shadowman series and has long term plans for the character.

  2. #152
    Amazing Member SpideyAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I have to agree. end times is a disaster to me. Hopefully any future story involves Michael LaRoi, Sandria and Nettie fighting the "evil Jack" Shadowman until the Loa is eventually bonded with Michael and Jack is killed off.
    I might come back to Shadowman if something like that was produced. Dropped after End Times #1. I found myself rooting against Jack.
    Current Pulls for DC/Vertigo: Batman, Justice League
    Image: Manifest Destiny, East of West, Low, The Wicked & The Divine, Injection, Tokyo Ghost
    Valiant: Harbinger/Imperium
    Other: Letter 44, Lady Mechanika, Tarot

  3. #153
    of House Bolton Ramsay Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    I actually didn't care for Harbinger Wars, thought it was too convoluted. Armor Hunters is kicking its ass already. Loved the change of perspective in today's X-O.
    I haven't read Armor Hunters and am thinking about waiting on a deluxe hardcover version of the entire storyline.

    That said, I personally consider Harbinger Wars the best thing Valiant has produced, and didn't find it convoluted at all....You're making me wonder if I'll like Armor Hunters as it might turn out to be somewhat basic/simplistic. Please say it ain't so!!!!

  4. #154
    Astonishing Member harashkupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I haven't read Armor Hunters and am thinking about waiting on a deluxe hardcover version of the entire storyline.

    That said, I personally consider Harbinger Wars the best thing Valiant has produced, and didn't find it convoluted at all....You're making me wonder if I'll like Armor Hunters as it might turn out to be somewhat basic/simplistic. Please say it ain't so!!!!
    I loved Harbinger Wars and have re-read it a few times already. With that said, the beginning of Armor Hunters has surpassed HW so far. It's has beautiful artwork and the world building has taken the Valliant Universe to the next level. I'm confident you will not be disappointed with this event.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

  5. #155
    2.0 thewarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Yeah, its different from Harbinger Wars. Its not simplistic, if you're worried about storytelling style. Streamlined would be a better word.

    Meanwhile, I forced through End Times #3 today...ugh. It may have been interesting if it hadn't been preceded by two whiny issues, and the art definitely did it no favors at all. The final fight between Jack and [person] is so stiff. There's a panel where Jack is apparently punching his opponent where the dialogue says "OOOOFF!" which was my only clue.

    And the status quo shift at the end of it was no surprise at all. He's basically been a bad guy for a while.

  6. #156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Yeah, its different from Harbinger Wars. Its not simplistic, if you're worried about storytelling style. Streamlined would be a better word.

    Meanwhile, I forced through End Times #3 today...ugh. It may have been interesting if it hadn't been preceded by two whiny issues, and the art definitely did it no favors at all. The final fight between Jack and [person] is so stiff. There's a panel where Jack is apparently punching his opponent where the dialogue says "OOOOFF!" which was my only clue.

    And the status quo shift at the end of it was no surprise at all. He's basically been a bad guy for a while.
    Geez, sorry you had to endure that. So glad I dropped Shadowman after just one issue under Milligan.
    Avengers|Black Panther|Black Widow|Cable|Cap America|Cap Marvel|Daredevil|Doctor Doom|Eternals|Excalibur|FF|GOTG|Hellions|Immortal Hulk|Iron Man|Marauders|Thor|Wolverine|Venom|X-Force|X-Men
    Batman|Detective Comics|JL Dark|Green Lantern|Rorschach|Swamp Thing|Wonder Woman
    Decorum|Die|Lost Soldiers|Monstress|Low|Scumbag|Sea Of Stars|Seven To Eternity|Space Bastards|Undiscovered Country
    Hellboy|Brzrkr
    Bloodshot|Ninja-K|Rai|Shadowman|X-O Manowar
    Aliens|Blade Runner|Conan|Expanse|Firefly
    Taarna

  7. #157
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I thought Harbinger Wars was OK - I actually thought the post-Harbinger Wars issues of Harbinger were better, once the reveal happened. Made the event stronger as a whole.

    Every issue of the Armor Hunters event has been great IMO. Strongest event I've read in a long time.

  8. #158
    Mighty Member Ying Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    i have to say, the Shadowman: End Times mini should prove beyond any reasonable doubt that Milligan is waaaay past his prime. i know i'm never touching another Shadowman book until Milligan is out.

    Armor Hunters #1 on the other hand was pretty good. i loved the Unity tie-in also and the X-O Manowar one was alright. seems like one of the better events i've read in a while.

    still very much enjoying Rai too, although it's only been 2 issues.

  9. #159
    Mighty Member Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    i have to say, the Shadowman: End Times mini should prove beyond any reasonable doubt that Milligan is waaaay past his prime. i know i'm never touching another Shadowman book until Milligan is out.
    Nah, he's always been that irregular. You never know wether he'll write a masterpiece like Enigma or a turd like his X-Men. All-New Doop is a lot fun and his creator-owned stuff looks very interesting and promising, so I'm going to stick with Shadowman, hoping for the better. The involvement of [spoilers] in the new status quo might be a blessing for the book, because it lends itself well to the kind of stories Milligan writes well: crazy, disturbing and dark stuff that explores the character's psyche. But there's one thing I can no longer deny: Milligan's must be writing Shadowman because he needs the money.

    Anyway, I'll tell you guys if things have improved whenever the new volume comes out.

  10. #160
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Im about to buy the deluxe hardcovers

    A and A
    XO Manowar
    Bloodshot
    Harbinger
    Harbinger Wars.

    Any last minute reasons not to? Have never heard of Valiant comics nor read any of the above. Just want to branch out from Marvel, DC and Top Cow.

    Recently bought a few dark horse and IDW HCs so thought I would add sone Valiant stuff.

  11. #161
    2.0 thewarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Absolutely no reason not to.

  12. #162
    Astonishing Member harashkupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukbondraider View Post
    Im about to buy the deluxe hardcovers

    A and A
    XO Manowar
    Bloodshot
    Harbinger
    Harbinger Wars.

    Any last minute reasons not to? Have never heard of Valiant comics nor read any of the above. Just want to branch out from Marvel, DC and Top Cow.

    Recently bought a few dark horse and IDW HCs so thought I would add sone Valiant stuff.
    Yes, it's highly addictive and made lead to bouts of depression which seem to last between 29-30 days and then start all over again.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

  13. #163
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    U wud lyk 2 knw dat wnt u? Hehehe!
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Might happen, but it would take a while. According to Valiant, Milligan has already written the first half year of the next Shadowman series and has long term plans for the character.
    Well, Valiant cud do with Shadwman d way dey did with Q&W, Priest cud do a mini.

    Wat abt if Priest wrote GEOMANCER?

    Ryt now, we/SZ wud luv & hope Valiant cud gv Priest a chance 2 crea8 an entirely nu comicbk with xcters, its world( tied in2 d main Valiant universe & interct with othr Valiant xcters) & d whole worx.

  14. #164
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukbondraider View Post
    Im about to buy the deluxe hardcovers

    A and A
    XO Manowar
    Bloodshot
    Harbinger
    Harbinger Wars.

    Any last minute reasons not to? Have never heard of Valiant comics nor read any of the above. Just want to branch out from Marvel, DC and Top Cow.

    Recently bought a few dark horse and IDW HCs so thought I would add sone Valiant stuff.
    Absolutely no reason not to... great reading awaits you!

    Though just a heads up... buying the Harbinger Wars HC will result in you having duplicate material. The Bloodshot and Harbinger HC books both have their respective parts of Harbinger Wars included already. You could get away with just getting the main Harbinger Wars tbp, unless you'd prefer owning the HC.

  15. #165
    Spectacular Member midas73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukbondraider View Post
    Im about to buy the deluxe hardcovers

    A and A
    XO Manowar
    Bloodshot
    Harbinger
    Harbinger Wars.

    Any last minute reasons not to? Have never heard of Valiant comics nor read any of the above. Just want to branch out from Marvel, DC and Top Cow.

    Recently bought a few dark horse and IDW HCs so thought I would add sone Valiant stuff.
    These are all pretty great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •