Page 86 of 400 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I just don't see the point of including Faith when it feels like such a throw away. I think my disappointment with both issues is that I felt there was more potential but everything felt rushed. They weren't bad although they're probably my least favorite.
    I agree, the storyline felt a tad rushed in Unity. I'm hoping it's being rushed for something really big in the upcoming months.

The whole Faith on a Unity felt to me like they were trying to appease fans of the character, as she isn't in any books currently. It felt kind of half assed which is maybe why I wasn't leaning towards being in favor, or against it.

The whole Renegades cast not being in a storyline right now is sad to me. They're so enjoyable to read.

I imagine Imperium will shed some light on their whereabouts eventually!

The armorines felt rushed but I'm fine with it as The Dead Hand is coming next! Really, really looking forward to that, it looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    I agree, the storyline felt a tad rushed in Unity. I'm hoping it's being rushed for something really big in the upcoming months.

The whole Faith on a Unity felt to me like they were trying to appease fans of the character, as she isn't in any books currently. It felt kind of half assed which is maybe why I wasn't leaning towards being in favor, or against it.

The whole Renegades cast not being in a storyline right now is sad to me. They're so enjoyable to read.

I imagine Imperium will shed some light on their whereabouts eventually!

The armorines felt rushed but I'm fine with it as The Dead Hand is coming next! Really, really looking forward to that, it looks great!
    I think it had to do with my expectations. So far Kindt has handled every character that shows up in his books extremely well. Not only has he added new depths but he handles every character's voice so well. Harada in Unity sounds the same as Harada in Harbingers the same as Aric, Livewire, and Ninjak. I've come to realize that it takes a special talent to understand characters not your own the way he does. So when it was announced Faith was taking a turn I guess I just let my excitement get the best of me. I will say I would have been okay with her not showing up.

Now that I think about it, putting Kindt on The Valiant with Lemire was genius. Who better than him to transition the new guy into this universe while handling so many characters. Kudos to some great behind the scenes planning.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I am hoping that it has something to do with Shadowman haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Well, I gotta say, I loved this arc of Unity, even though it did feel a little rushed. I think it would've worked better as a 4-issue series. With that being said, it was a damn good story. I kind of regained my faith (pun intended) in the book actually. I was blown away by the first arc, but the next 2 seemed like a step down. While I don't think this arc was, in any way, better than To Kill a King, it reached my high expectations for the book.
    I actually loved Faith's interaction with the group. I would have liked her to a little more pro-active in her action scenes (as we've seen her be in Harbinger), but at the end of the day, she's a rookie hero dealing with assassins and killers. She wasn't meant for Unity.
    The United were ok. They kind of seem like throw-away villains after all was said and done. It would be cool if they come back and team up with the remanding members of the Armor Hunters and Dr. Silk. Other than that, I don't see any usefulness for them, besides a handy foil for our heroes in this specific arc.
    Words cannot explain how much I loved the interview going on at the bottom of every page. This whole issue was handled exactly as I hoped. I can't wait to see more GIN-GR going forward. I want her to be the official fourth member of Unity.

In other releases this week.. X-O was just okay. Nothing special. In fact, this is probably my least favorite arc so far. Zahn was entertaining, and the Armorines were an interesting foil, but it just felt like a by-the-numbers, monster of the week, arc. Oh, well, now Dead Hand is right around the corner.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is knowing the phrase. It typically refers to espionage and it's a site/place/location that intel is dropped and only the receiving party knows of the site and how to access it or identify it as important(if it's disguised in plain view as a mundane object).

There was/is a file sharing site that once used that name, not sure if it's still up and running but it was an appropriately named site for that activity.

My guess is it could be tied to an event and like Harbinger Wars or Armor Hunters where each were clear as to the focus this more subtle name, yet still tied to espionage makes me think it's an event mini title where Ninjak will be the focus. His first 4 issue arc could be over by summer and then it along with Unity, XO, Ivar, Bloodshot could be the tie-in books. My $.02
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

On the whole "Faith in Unity" thing... my "no-way-in-the-know" opinion on it is Kindt knew Dysart's focus would be on Harada and Peter in Omega, and that post-Armor Hunter's she would be off the playing field for awhile. Perhaps he thought it would make for an interesting story to have her join Unity - the starry eyed dreamer of all things heroic, thrust into the realities of seeing her heroes having to do very bad things. He pitched the idea, and Dysart came on to write her transition from the Harbinger world into the Unity world. In that regard, I'd say it was successful.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is knowing the phrase. It typically refers to espionage and it's a site/place/location that intel is dropped and only the receiving party knows of the site and how to access it or identify it as important(if it's disguised in plain view as a mundane object).

There was/is a file sharing site that once used that name, not sure if it's still up and running but it was an appropriately named site for that activity.

My guess is it could be tied to an event and like Harbinger Wars or Armor Hunters where each were clear as to the focus this more subtle name, yet still tied to espionage makes me think it's an event mini title where Ninjak will be the focus. His first 4 issue arc could be over by summer and then it along with Unity, XO, Ivar, Bloodshot could be the tie-in books. My $.02
    Maybe the continuing story of the contents of the mystery box in The Valiant?
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Sure, maybe the mystery box IS the Dead Drop item?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Dead Drop can also be a play on words and signify more than one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    Nope not going to do it. You can't tempt me no matter how awesome this book is going to be. I'm not going to spoil one page until this comes out.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Those guys with the triangle logo, could they be a new version of the HARD Corps?

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Now that I think about it, putting Kindt on The Valiant with Lemire was genius. Who better than him to transition the new guy into this universe while handling so many characters. Kudos to some great behind the scenes planning.
    +1! Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    Sure, maybe the mystery box IS the Dead Drop item?!
    Yeah that box has me stumped.

Once I saw Breaker previewed on the cover for issue #2 a while back, I was sure his "prediction machine" from Unity #0 was in the box. That's still my best guess, but valiant tweeted this picture yesterday, which has me second guessing myself.

Also, is that the boon from A&A next to Gilad?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Agent 37; 01-29-2015 at 07:24 PM.

+1! Agreed!

Yeah that box has me stumped.

Once I saw Breaker previewed on the cover for issue #2 a while back, I was sure his "prediction machine" from Unity #0 was in the box. That's still my best guess, but valiant tweeted this picture yesterday, which has me second guessing myself.

Yeah that's definitely the Boon. LOL Maybe General Redacted will be the one to take out Flay.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Spoilers bro, I was trying to stay away from previews.

But really though, I'm not upset, IE looks extra-terrifying in that page and the boon!! I can't believe I didn't think about using that beforehand.
    If they do send IE to the Faraway, I wonder how that would change things there and in this dimension.

Dear god my body isn't ready for Dysart and Braithwaite on the same book. So much epic.
    EDIT: Holy **** it comes out in a week!!!!?!?!?!?!?!!??!11!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 01-29-2015 at 11:53 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers