Page 302 of 400 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Funny thing is this was the book where I decided to jump back in after my break. This is the second Roberts book I've read and I'm already annoyed at how he simplifies the characters. I couldn't help thinking the pitch was along the lines of 'What if Harbinger were made into a teen drama from MTV or CW'.

Guess my break with Valiant is looking to go on a bit longer.
    I highly recommend Britannia if you're into occult titles. It is weird as hell. #3 was really good. I think we're seeing a Geomancer story but not quite sure. Genuinely curious what happens next issue. This is some of Milligan's best in years.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    I highly recommend Britannia if you're into occult titles. It is weird as hell. #3 was really good. I think we're seeing a Geomancer story but not quite sure. Genuinely curious what happens next issue. This is some of Milligan's best in years.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Might as well try it out seeing as how I'm down to reading only 2 books one of which ends in december.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Huh... I actually kind of liked it. It was missing the epic feeling that Dysart's #1's have had, but I thought it was a solid start; certainly significantly better than A&A has been.

I did feel like, at some times, it felt a little.. basic? It kind of felt like your typical superhero team meeting up again after a split.

Overall, I'm happy. We'll see what issue 2 brings.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Dr. Mirage is pretty much the only Valiant character that I don't give a shit about, so I can't say I'm too excited, but I think this is pretty good news. I'll definitely be checking out the first couple of episodes at least. On a slightly more negative note, I'm worried about it becoming a basic supernatural police procedural.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 11-17-2016 at 12:49 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Fantastic Member

Renegade was ok. Not great, but not bad either. The writing was a bit weird, borderline bad, at some points but nothing too bad. Liked it. Has the potential to be good, but still not decided. Definitely liked it more than Gen Zero.

Incredible Member

Actually, Saw some tweets that Dinesh retweeted saying the news about Dr. Mirage on tv is premature. Just preliminary talks, nothing solid.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Actually, Saw some tweets that Dinesh retweeted saying the news about Dr. Mirage on tv is premature. Just preliminary talks, nothing solid.
    And if this guy says something is premature...

Thanks for the recommendation. Might as well try it out seeing as how I'm down to reading only 2 books one of which ends in december.
    Yea... I've been a little hesitant to admit whether Brittania's good or not, but after issue 3 it's undeniably good. Highly recommended as well, although I'd say you might as well just wait for the trade.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Yea... I've been a little hesitant to admit whether Brittania's good or not, but after issue 3 it's undeniably good. Highly recommended as well, although I'd say you might as well just wait for the trade.
    Hmmm never played the whole trade waiting game. On average how long between the 4th issue drop and TPB?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Hmmm never played the whole trade waiting game. On average how long between the 4th issue drop and TPB?
    Looks like about 2 months.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16821...NdL&ref=plSrch
    It is prestige format though, so it's pretty much up to you. I'm currently trade-waiting for the new Serenity mini, and I just found out that it comes out in August, and it's killing me, so I totally understand if you'd rather just pick up the issues by themselves.

EDIT: So I reread Renegade again and.. I kind of loved it. In no way does this alleviate my apprehension and cynicism of the series as a whole, but I think it's a damn good start. There's quite a wide breadth of opinions on this book on here, but I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of vitriol coming from some of you guys. I don't think it's perfect, but I don't really see anything particularly wrong with it either.
    That epic feeling that I thought was missing came back in full force on my reread. I loved the introductions of every character and plotline (still a little iffy on Kris' girlfriend), and it all felt like it was the beginning of something big.

Maybe I'm trippin, but at this moment in time, I'd give it about an 8.5/10 (some messy art every once in a while).
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 11-19-2016 at 05:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I've been enjoying Brittania, but I like the historical side of fictional characters, recognizing they play fast and loose where necessary to serve their stories need.

Harbinger Renegades #1 - I was just very MEH about it. I'll keep reading it as it's obvious the set up is several issues in the making. Frankly, given the way they all last saw and worked with each other last it makes sense. Then once they are together I don't pretend it'll be all sunshines and rainbows. There is going to be lingering animosity and trust issues within the group.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quick thoughts:
    Ninjak 21- Legitimately entertaining, but felt sort of pointless... nothing special.

Bloodshot USA 3- It's become pretty clear to me that this story isn't trying to be anything but a straight-up, epic, action-fest. I don't think that's a bad thing (I really enjoyed myself), but I do sort of miss the days of Harbinger Wars, when we could get the epic action along with character depth and intertwining plotlines. On a more positive note, the reveal at the end legitimately made me gasp, which very rarely happens in a comic book. I can't wait to see what happens next.
    EDIT: Oh, and it's really channeling Marvel's movies with some of the humor. The part when all the Bloodshot's and Ninjak were crowded in one little van was hilarious.

Did anyone catch the "SECRET WEAPONS" Tweet from Dinesh yesterday, it could be a tease for a relaunched team book.

Mico Suayan's secret project.

Another futur Ninjak ?

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Another futur Ninjak ?
    It looks like the one from BOD FALL OF NINJAK, he had a missing arm.