Page 354 of 400 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5990

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Interesting I thought that Illidge was happy working on Catalyst prime. Will keep my eyes open for the new titles they spoke about.

I just hope Valiant doesn't become as obsessed with diversity as every other publisher.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I just hope Valiant doesn't become as obsessed with diversity as every other publisher.
    I guess expanding its reader base is a bad thing.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'd say Valiant already has a diverse line up of leads.
    Livewire - strong black woman leading super group
    Dr.Mirage - Asian ethnicity(have they ever said which?) who is reputable mystic/supernatural force
    Punk Mambo - white Millennial age sorceress
    Divinity - black russian demi-god
    Myshka(Divinity II) - Asian russian demi-goddess
    Toyo Harada - misunderstood(?) fascist leader

Right on down through: Faith, @x, Magic, 70s Bloodshot(forget his Secondary code name), Alyssa in Shadowman whose a new Mambo
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

That might give me a little more faith in the direction of the publishing side of the company in the future. I don't know who Simons is, exactly, but based on Ferg's reaction I'm curious if this article means that he's still on board?

Warren Simons is Valiant's Editor on Chief and Illidge becomes the new executive editor (I'm not sure what the difference is).

Valiant could handle diversity differently than the big 2 because it's less trapped in amber than they are.

Id imagine they would just keep introducing new characters like what they did with Divinity, Savage, Secret Weapons etc.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-10-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Yeah, man, if Black Panther has taught us anything recently, it's that diversity in comics is for chumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life View Post
    I guess expanding its reader base is a bad thing.
    Forced diversity =/= expanding reader base

Valiant tried to push Faith really hard, and she was quite popular for a short while, but now where are all the people yelling about diversity? People don't buy comics because they star a diverse character. The color of a character's skin, or any other immutable trait, really has nothing to do with whether the story is good or not, and I think a lot of today's publishers have seemingly forgotten that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'd say Valiant already has a diverse line up of leads.
    Yea, and I think that's great. Now as long as they keep doing that, without it feeling forced (ie: Iceman is gay; Black Panther needs 4 books a month; Faith needs a Hilary shilling issue), I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    That might give me a little more faith in the direction of the publishing side of the company in the future. I don't know who Simons is, exactly, but based on Ferg's reaction I'm curious if this article means that he's still on board?
    Hey, I don't know anything about this guy besides the fact that he worked at Lion Forge, and every time I read anything about Catalyst Prime, the first thing that comes up is diversity. He could very well be a great catch for Valiant.

I mean, just look at the Catalyst Prime article that came out today: "Meet Catalyst Prime's New Diverse Editorial Staff"
    UGH who cares what color of skin the editorial staff has!? Is this like one big competition to be the first publisher lacking a single straight, white man?
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 04-11-2018 at 01:26 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

I'm not disliking this volume of Q&W as much I generally haven't liked, as a whole, the characters in general.
    I think it's largely due to this writer not using as much overtly juvenile and immature jokes when writing Woody.
    Here in this volume he's largely a wayward, undependable leech of a douche bag whose just really self centered with a bit of minor sexism tossed in for "good measure". He was written way to middle school for my taste in those other volumes.

The consistent thing about Eric since the VALIANT relaunch is that I totally see Quantum as a good guy that could be more. Could be great but the anchor of Woody is holding him back...at the wrist. So Separation Anxiety has a unique opportunity to explore what that might look like and hopefully for more than a few issues. I've not doubt they will at some point be tethered to one another since that's how comics work. The status quo returns.

Britannia continues! I'm so pumped about this! The Lost Eagles of Rome with a mad and pissy Nero, I look forward to seeing where this takes Antonia and Achilla!
    I'll get all monthlies and the A&A Deluxe, no tpbs for me, I hold out for the Deluxes.

First episode of Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe is up on comicbook.com. I really really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    First episode of Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe is up on comicbook.com. I really really enjoyed it.
    Me too, for a web series it was really done well, and the graphics didn't look that bad.