Page 13 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Now we know what Cary Nord is doing with EW, its Unity#0, cant wait. (check Newsarama)
    http://www.newsarama.com/21568-clay-...manowar-0.html
    CLAY MANN!!!!!! This is incredibly awesome news, the guy's a bad ass and a great addition to the team. Valiant all you need to do now is steal Andrea Sorrentino while nobody's looking.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/21568-clay-...manowar-0.html
    CLAY MANN!!!!!! This is incredibly awesome news, the guy's a bad ass and a great addition to the team. Valiant all you need to do now is steal Andrea Sorrentino while nobody's looking.
    Agreed, Mann has the chops to be a superstar artist but sadly he has gone relatively unsung for years now. I look forward to his gorgeous work at Valiant

Any of you guys have a reading order for Valiant?

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Agreed, Mann has the chops to be a superstar artist but sadly he has gone relatively unsung for years now. I look forward to his gorgeous work at Valiant
    I'm really curious if his brother Seth Mann might follow him there also.
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Any of you guys have a reading order for Valiant?
    I don't know about the original Valiant since I started right before Harbinger Wars but I can help you out with the new universe.

Harbinger Vol. 1: Omega Rising (collects Harbinger #1–5)
    Harbinger Vol. 2: Renegades (collects Harbinger #6–10 of the new series by Joshua Dysart)
    Harbinger Vol. 3: Harbinger Wars (collects Harbinger #11–14, 0)

X-O Manowar Vol. 1: By the Sword (collects X-O Manowar #1-4)
    X-O Manowar Vol. 2: Enter Ninjak (collects X-O Manowar #5-8)
    X-O Manowar Vol. 3: Planet Death (collects X-O Manowar #9-14)
    X-O Manowar Vol. 4: Homecoming (collects X-O Manowar #15-18)

Bloodshot Vol. 1: Setting the World on Fire (collects Bloodshot (2012) #1-4)
    Bloodshot Vol. 2: The Rise and the Fall (collects Bloodshot (2012) #5-9)
    Bloodshot Vol. 3: Harbinger Wars (collects Bloodshot (2012) #10-13)
    Bloodshot Vol. 4: H.A.R.D. Corps (collects Bloodshot (2012) #0 and Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps (2013) #14-17)
    *Bloodshot turned into Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps in issue 14 right after Harbinger Wars. Think of it as an expanded cast

Archer & Armstrong Vol. 1: The Michelangelo Code (collects Archer & Armstrong #1-4)
    Archer & Armstrong Vol. 2: Wrath of the Eternal Warrior (collects Archer & Armstrong #5-9)
    Archer & Armstrong Vol. 3: Far Faraway (collects Archer & Armstrong #10-13, 0)
    Archer & Armstrong Vol. 4: Sect Civil War (collects Archer & Armstrong #14-17)

Shadowman Vol. 1: Birth Rites (collects Shadowman (2012) #1-4)
    Shadowman Vol. 2: Darque Reckoning (collects Shadowman (2012) #5-9)
    Shadowman Vol. 3: Deadside Blues (collects Shadowman (2012) #0, 10-12)

HARBINGER WARS is a crossover event between Harbinger and Bloodshot. The main story is self contained as well as the Harbinger and Bloodshot issues. The main story is in Harbinger Wars 1 - 4
    Harbinger 11 - 14
    Bloodshot 10 - 13
    Reading Order: HW#1 - Harbinger#11 - Bloodshot#10 - HW#2 - Harbinger#12 - Bloodshot#11 - HW#3 - Harbinger#13 - Bloodshot#12 - HW#4 - Harbinger#14 - Bloodshot#13

ETERNAL WARRIOR VOL. 1: collects #1-4
    ETERNAL WARRIOR VOL. 2: ETERNAL EMPEROR collects #5-8

Unity is Valiant's first Team book and it's first volume is a crossover with X-O Manowar.
    Unity #1-4
    X-O #19-22
    Reading Order: Unit#1 - X-O#19 - Unit#2 - X-O#20 - Unit#3 - X-O#21 - Unit#4 - X-O#22

I hope this helps and should be able to get you to present time.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Well, spoilers:
    It wasn't all of Mexico, just Mexico City.
    end of spoilers. Although I think the point was to be shocking, to show what a serious threat the Hunters are and that there can and will be serious harm to the planet in their wake.
    Oh yeah, it's what I meant Exciter, it's just that in France, it's the actual name used by everyone - I didn't pay attention, but yeah, in English it's referred differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Now we know what Cary Nord is doing with EW, its Unity#0, cant wait. (check Newsarama)
    Oh that's really neat !
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Nice. Think I'm going to wait for the next major comixology sale and than dive into the world.

BANNED

What is reading order for the Armor Hunters event?

Nice. Think I'm going to wait for the next major comixology sale and than dive into the world.
    Hey if you're thinking of joining in on the fun which I can't recommend enough, here's a link talking about Valiant doing a $1 sale of all their #1 issues. Scroll towards the bottom
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/va...4/1100-149287/
    $1.00 | T+ | 32 pgs. | ON SALE OCTOBER 8th
    *RETAILER INCENTIVE: FOR EACH ONE DOLLAR DEBUT ORDERED, RECEIVE ONE COPY OF THE ONE DOLLAR DEBUT: VALIANT HANDBOOK 2014 FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    What is reading order for the Armor Hunters event?
    X-O #25(sort of issue #0)
    ARMOR HUNTERS #1
    UNITY #8
    X-O MANOWAR #26
    ARMOR HUNTERS #2
    UNITY #9
    This is the reading order so far and the X-O issues seemed to be focused on the Armor Hunters' past. So far they've been in order by sale date so if you're waiting till the whole event has come out just go to their site http://www.valiantentertainment.com/ and check the release dates and you should be set. Hope that helps.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Be sure to get all the #1 issues on Comixology for free... this month only!

After finishing harbinger 25 I'm really excited to see the Omega mini.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Do we have an idea how it feats chronogically in the rest of the universe ?

The issue was really nice, even though I didn't get why Peter went back on his old habits...I thought he had outgrown this phase of his life, and it was really disappointing to see him going back to that.
    Anyway, the characterization is still top-notch in this serie, plus what's really appealing to me is all the somewhat realistic intrication and repercussions events have on the rest of the world.
    It gives more weight to the overall story and I really appreciate that.
    That's one of my main draw with Valiant.
    The short stories were really good too ! My favourite is the one with Kris and Joe, we see that he really was a fundamental part of Peter's life.
    I was really charmed by their genuine attachement to each other, it was simple.

Also...Unity #9.

Action-packed, gorgeous art...Obviously, the issue was good. BUT.

spoilers:
    If sharp blades and bullets are enough to kill the hounds, why on Earth the military couldn't take them down all by themselves ?
    Wouldn't artillery and missiles shred them ?
    And it's not like they would see it coming if remotely-controled drones were the delivery system, or the artillery be used from distance.
    Even if they weren't just jamming communications but electronics as well, artillery/bombing should still work.
    How imaginative.

But hm-no.

The army have to be in disarray and panicking, because REASONS...
    So Ninjak and Gilad are the only ones standing between the aliens and the ruination of downtown London.

*eyeroll*
    end of spoilers

Ignoring this glaring glitch, Ninjak and Gilad had an incredible showcase here.
    They were the stars of this issue - and if there was need convincing about how a Ninjak serie would be awesome, this issue was one more piece of evidence supporting the idea.
    I also really liked how Livewire received some development during this story, given the hanging threads concerning her in the last arc.
    Hopefully, it will receive further exploration down the road.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 07-16-2014 at 11:00 PM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Do we have an idea how it feats chronogically in the rest of the universe ?

The issue was really nice, even though I didn't get why Peter went back on his old habits...I thought he had outgrown this phase of his life, and it was really disappointing to see him going back to that.
    Anyway, the characterization is still top-notch in this serie, plus what's really appealing to me is all the somewhat realistic intrication and repercussions events have on the rest of the world.
    It gives more weight to the overall story and I really appreciate that.
    That's one of my main draw with Valiant.
    The short stories were really good too ! My favourite is the one with Kris and Joe, we see that he really was a fundamental part of Peter's life.
    I was really charmed by their genuine attachement to each other, it was simple.

Also...Unity #9.

Action-packed, gorgeous art...Obviously, the issue was good. BUT.

spoilers:
    If sharp blades and bullets are enough to kill the hounds, why on Earth the military couldn't take them down all by themselves ?
    Wouldn't artillery and missiles shred them ?
    And it's not like they would see it coming if remotely-controled drones were the delivery system, or the artillery be used from distance.
    Even if they weren't just jamming communications but electronics as well, artillery/bombing should still work.
    How imaginative.

But hm-no.

The army have to be in disarray and panicking, because REASONS...
    So Ninjak and Gilad are the only ones standing between the aliens and the ruination of downtown London.

*eyeroll*
    end of spoilers

Ignoring this glaring glitch, Ninjak and Gilad had an incredible showcase here.
    They were the stars of this issue - and if there was need convincing about how a Ninjak serie would be awesome, this issue was one more piece of evidence supporting the idea.
    I also really liked how Livewire received some development during this story, given the hanging threads concerning her in the last arc.
    Hopefully, it will receive further exploration down the road.
    I can see how Peter going back to drug use seemed like a step back which it was, but you have to remember that Kris was the main reason he stayed clean. He's an addict who lost everything again and got Charlene killed in his crusade. I don't blame him for her death but I'm pretty sure he blames himself for everything. Plus Kris also pretty much to told him she was just using him and that they never were getting closer. The way Kris has been acting was the low point of both #24 & 25. I'm pretty much over her and I could care less if she shows up ever again.

About the glitch with Unity I kinda agree except spoilers:
    Ninjak was stabbing the creature within their mouths and only anyone crazy or with super skills could pull that off considering every time those hellhounds opened their mouths they would melt your brain. And their was that throw away line about the special bullets made for Gilad's gun. Now the drones and artillery thing could work except if you know anything about deployment that kinda stuff takes a while to even get into place. Especially artillery. You have to remember that the attacks were a fast and surgical surprise. Bases and cities are not prepared for that kind of reaction.
    end of spoilers

I'm loving Livewire's development and I can't wait to really get to see her with Bloodshot.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Well...
    spoilers:
    I admit, logistic would have been tricky given the urban environment, though we did saw tanks in the streets (trashed), so the first response of the English army was at least decently paced.
    Beyond that, it's true, I know little about military warfare, honestly I only brought up the drone because of the new season of 24 being aired on cable here haha.
    Maybe I'm overestimating their capabilities ?
    end of spoilers

As for Kris... I'm sorry, but I disagree with you.
    Peter raped her.
    She has every reason to:
    1. hate his guts,
    2. not trust him,
    3. give him a cold treatment no matter what,
    I don't know how she managed to stick around for so long, in close proximity with him...
    It must have been extremely difficult and actually it was shown through and through that she had a hard time dealing with it in the serie.
    I know that Peter regretted it afterward, yet he really had it coming.
    Saving her life will never atone for that.

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Well...
    spoilers:
    I admit, logistic would have been tricky given the urban environment, though we did saw tanks in the streets (trashed), so the first response of the English army was at least decently paced.
    Beyond that, it's true, I know little about military warfare, honestly I only brought up the drone because of the new season of 24 being aired on cable here haha.
    Maybe I'm overestimating their capabilities ?
    end of spoilers

As for Kris... I'm sorry, but I disagree with you.
    Peter raped her.
    She has every reason to:
    1. hate his guts,
    2. not trust him,
    3. give him a cold treatment no matter what,
    I don't know how she managed to stick around for so long, in close proximity with him...
    It must have been extremely difficult and actually it was shown through and through that she had a hard time dealing with it in the serie.
    I know that Peter regretted it afterward, yet he really had it coming.
    Saving her life will never atone for that.
    LOL at the 24. Same here.

Regards to Kris I was stating how what she said contributed to his slide into drug use. He doesn't deserve her forgiveness even though as a side note, that's the whole point of forgiving. What he did was rape and he didn't deserve her. What I don't like about Kris in the last two issues is that she used everyone and then ditched them. This was her crusade and she used them almost like Harada would. She used Peter, animalia(misspelled?), and the gen zero kids to achieve her goals.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Just re-read Harbinger 21 - 25. Good lord, what an absolutely amazing arc of pure comic writing. Perfect capstone to this "season one" of Harbinger, and I can't wait to see where things go with the Harbinger: Omegas and the Armor Hunters: Harbinger mini-series.