Page 5 of 400 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thanks! That theory makes some sense. I wish it was explained in the comic, but that would probably have been hard to do without the exposition that was more prevalent back in the day.

In other news, I've fully come around on Eternal Warrior and am very much enjoying the Eternal Emperor arc. It's kind of like Brandon Graham's Prophet except that it makes sense. Great stuff. I want more.

Of course, I also want "current day" Eternal Warrior but I'd also be cool with it as a companion book to Rai set in the future...
    Last edited by midas73; 05-14-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    It is annoying that it's never been explained fully. As I understand it, though, the colony ships travel at "near light" speed because they are always looking for new planets to colonize. They can't just jump around through hyperspace or they'd miss out on discovering new planets.

When the fleet came to attack the Earth, and when Aric went to Loam and back, they travelled through hyperspace at "faster than light" speed. This is why Aric experienced time displacement upon escaping the Vine colony ship, but not during his more recent trip.
    Good thinking Bugsy, that makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Thanks! That theory makes some sense. I wish it was explained in the comic, but that would probably have been hard to do without the exposition that was more prevalent back in the day.

In other news, I've fully come around on Eternal Warrior and am very much enjoying the Eternal Emperor arc. It's kind of like Brandon Graham's Prophet except that it makes sense. Great stuff. I want more.

Of course, I also want "current day" Eternal Warrior but I'd also be cool with it as a companion book to Rai set in the future...
    The Eternal Emperor arc was really f-ing good, I liked it better than the first arc that was set in the distant and recent past of the current VU.

When EW comes back from hiatus I'd rather they kept telling more old man Gilad adventures, and the beauty of it is that they dont have to be necessarily set in 4001 AD - there's around 2000 years worth of future stories to discover. Unity is the book to read about his current day explots after all.
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 05-14-2014 at 09:25 AM.

You can also add me to the camp that much preferred Eternal Emperor over that first arc. Felt like a completely different book. Hope Pak decides to keep on following old man Gilad.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I have taken the plunge and ordered dozens of back issues of several Valiant books after reading Rai. A friend of mine has as well (he's buying the books that I am not, but together, we are getting all of the books).

Previously, I was only reading Image books. My friend and I have both informed our local comic book dealer to start pulling all Valiant books for us. Previously, he did not carry any Valiant books.

I know I am way late to the party, but I am psyched to join the universe. I have heard rumblings from various forums that sales numbers are going down. Well, they have two new excited readers in us!!
    Welcome! You're in for a treat. Valiant is doing some awesome work.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    The Eternal Emperor arc was really f-ing good, I liked it better than the first arc that was set in the distant and recent past of the current VU.

When EW comes back from hiatus I'd rather they kept telling more old man Gilad adventures, and the beauty of it is that they dont have to be necessarily set in 4001 AD - there's around 2000 years worth of future stories to discover. Unity is the book to read about his current day explots after all.
    Yeah, there's Unity. That's true. And I've been enjoying the heck out of Unity. But I want to see more stories where it's just Gilad and the new Geomancer. I thought there was a lot of potential there, and I'm guessing we won't see much of her in Unity...

All-New Member

Eternal Emperor was a big step up from the first arc, but still wasn't fantastic for me. I agree though that I'd love to see his book used to build the far(ish) future and past of the Valiant universe.

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Yeah, there's Unity. That's true. And I've been enjoying the heck out of Unity. But I want to see more stories where it's just Gilad and the new Geomancer. I thought there was a lot of potential there, and I'm guessing we won't see much of her in Unity...
    Looks like Cary Nord is working on the return issue(s) of Eternal Warrior. He's been posting pics of his pencils on Instagram for weeks now. Seems to be set in Roman times...perhaps the tale of Alaric's conquest of Rome.

And at the last con, the VALIANT panel said the Geomancer would be returning soon and playing a major role. Can't wait for that.

BANNED

For those who don't Instagram, could you post the pics? Also does that mean that we jumped 4000 years and now we jump back again?
    Last edited by Arundel Armor Hunter; 05-16-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    For those who don't Instagram, could you post the pics? Also does that mean that we jumped 4000 years and now we jump back again?
    That's the freedom that an immortal character allows, if its Valiant's prerogative.

I recently decided to start looking at Valiant titles beyond Archer & Armstrong, and Quantum & Woody and start trying out other titles in trade. Despite the fact that there have been a few weak stories here and there -- I started with the first Harbinger trade, and that was nearly enough to make me reconsider -- so far I've really been enjoying exploring the universe. At this rate, I'm soon going to be adding every Valiant title to my pull list. Who would have thought Ninjak would be an exciting character in 2014?

However, I also decided to reread the early Archer & Armstrong issues, and now it's really bothering me how ridiculous Gilad's outfit in Unity and the first Eternal Warrior arc is compared to what he;s wearing in A&A. Sure, he looks kinda generic badass in A&A, but it's way better than his outfit in his own books.

BANNED

Fashion gets boring after you hit 200.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The VALIANT MASTERS HC edition of H.A.R.D. Corps comes out today! If your a new VALIANT reader this is a great way to read their intro and first 6 issues from the 90's debut. This is the first ever collection done featuring HC so I feel it bodes well to expect an ongoing down the road for the team. Probably in '15. I think Bloodshot will resume his solo title at #24 as well in '15.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Hey guys, Shadowman Deluxe edition is coming up collecting the run before Milligan took over, is it worth checking out? I'm enjoying Milligan's run alot.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Hey guys, Shadowman Deluxe edition is coming up collecting the run before Milligan took over, is it worth checking out? I'm enjoying Milligan's run alot.
    In short, no. Save yourself some money and grab the floppy of Shadowman #0, as that was an outstanding issue. The rest of the run varied in quality, but never ventured above mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by AngusH View Post
    In short, no. Save yourself some money and grab the floppy of Shadowman #0, as that was an outstanding issue. The rest of the run varied in quality, but never ventured above mediocre.
    Pretty much this. But Id say that picking up the first arc plus the zero issue would be a good way to go about it if you can spare the cash, that way you get a good complete story and get to avoid the mess that the book became afterwards.

So last week I purchased Quantum and Woody vol. 1: The World's Worst Superhero Team and really liked it, especially the whole "fly by the seat of the pants" style of humor.
    I'm interested in getting some of the other Valiant titles, and it looks like each title adheres to a different "Genre", and so I wanted to know what the other titles are about (although if I had to venture a guess, I'd say Bloodshot is influenced by 80s Action Movies).
    Again, I'm very new to Valiant so any information would be nice.