Page 377 of 400 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 5990

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I just saw today on the Valiant Fans FB page that Valiant is no longer leasing their NY office. That's an unexpected development.
    Yeah, Bleeding Cool reporting the same thing. Valiant tried to deny it, however, the office is indeed available to rent.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/vali...d-permanently/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just saw today on the Valiant Fans FB page that Valiant is no longer leasing their NY office. That's an unexpected development.
    Not really surprising, given their huge dip in quality (and, correspondingly, their huge dip is sales) since being purchased by DMG and losing Dinesh. Covid pushed them over the line.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Is it really? I think a comic company needing an office in Manhattan is very last millennium, even for a company like Marvel. DC was the first company to realize this. Valiant made the right move, especially when you consider that they aren't owned by Disney.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Not really surprising, given their huge dip in quality (and, correspondingly, their huge dip is sales) since being purchased by DMG and losing Dinesh. Covid pushed them over the line.
    First company to fall?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I don't know why people think this is crazy. With covid a lot of companies realized they don't need an office nowadays. Google is set to make work from home the norm, if I remember correctly. I'm sure they got hit hard from covid, however I wouldn't take the office closing as a end of times sign, just that they need the money and now know they don't need an office.

Personally, I'm more upset at the lack of Shadowman news, I need my fix!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Ultimate Member

https://libraryaware.com/2435PG?SID=...0-55f07b56cc87

Meet Author Julie Murphy
    Thursday, August 20 6:30 p.m.
    Via Zoom, or Facebook live

Your favorite personal librarians from the PLP Fiction (But Not Just Fiction) Podcast are back with a very special guest, bestselling author, Julie Murphy. Join the fun on Zoom or via simulcast. And if you're as big a library lover as we are, you're in for a real treat- Julie is a librarian too!

Julie Murphy is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Side Effects May Vary, Dumplin', Ramona Blue and Puddin'. Dumplin' has been turned into a Netflix original series. Fledgling novelists take note: Murphy wrote Side Effects May Vary during National Novel Writing Month while working as a librarian. Register here to attend this program, or catch the simulcast on Facebook. The audio portion of the event will appear in a future edition of the podcast.

She is the writer of Faith's novel (a book that has sold out here in my city) Faith: Taking Flight

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I have mixed feelings. Love X-O, wasn't impressed with issue #1 at all and I can't say I've had that thought since 2012 relaunch of a single X-O issue.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have mixed feelings. Love X-O, wasn't impressed with issue #1 at all and I can't say I've had that thought since 2012 relaunch of a single X-O issue.
    Exactly the same thought I had. I was like... whoa, this isn't the X-O I've been enjoying. Tone and characterization were completely off. Big disappointment.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

would anybody else be happy if Bart Sears got to draw a few issues of XO at some point??

BANNED

Would anyone please be kind and tell me if the new X-O Manowar any good? I loved the run that Matt Kindt and Vendetti did. Is it as good as the two?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Would anyone please be kind and tell me if the new X-O Manowar any good? I loved the run that Matt Kindt and Vendetti did. Is it as good as the two?
    It is really not fair to judge one issue on two creators entire run.
    That said, the lone issue we got felt like it was disconnected tonally from the others, Aric's portrayal that is. However, that one issue is in a vaccuum I keep telling my self. Craig, this is why you always give a book it's first arc once you've committed to the title to decide(I tell myself).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Fair point. If I can give Samurai 8 a chance, I believe even the worst comic here won't faze me. Thanks Craig!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

She is the writer of Faith's novel (a book that has sold out here in my city) Faith: Taking Flight
    Julie Murphy is the same writer of the book and Netflix movie Dumpling with Jennifer Aniston.
    They actually asked my question on the chat

Valiant reached out to her to do the book about a few years ago. I think some of the book is canon.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 08-20-2020 at 05:06 PM.

The future of Valiant Entertainment will be revealed at New York Comic Con’s Metaverse!: https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...Cons-Metaverse
    Before Paramount’s HARBINGER movie hits the big screen next year, the “Valiant Heads to Hollywood” virtual panel will be a must-watch event for comic fans as it explores all that the critically-acclaimed publisher has to offer! The panel will delve into a currently classified new series and its vivid new take on a classic Valiant team. Plus: many other secrets and fresh artwork will be revealed.