Page 7 of 400 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Think of Milligan's Shadowman as a reboot. It makes it a lot more enjoyable,
    It really doesn't. Believe me, I've tried.

Gah! I'm a month behind on Harbinger and won't get it until my June DCBS shipment. Thanks to all for not spoiling the death. I thought the end of issue 22 set up several possibilities. I think I know who it will be and I'm looking forward to finding out. This book continues to be pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    It really doesn't. Believe me, I've tried.
    You know, I've just remembered that Milligan has a blog where everyone can post their questions. I'm going to ask him later what his plans for the book are. Even I, who somehow enjoys the series, don't know what direction is the book taking.

tafkaga

Just got finished reading Harbinger Wars and the tie-ins from the Harbinger and Bloodshot series. Awesome! Valiant has become my favorite publisher over the last few months. The writing is just so tight and the continuity is easy to keep track of with the shorter list of titles. Every time I think I have a favorite title, I read another one that just blows me away. Currently reading everything they put out in trade form.

New to the fold...

I was previously getting DC's Earth-2, Worlds' Finest and Batman '66, but after a bout of being unemployed (and already behind on issues), I figured it was time for me to finally break free (the DC Comics forum kinda helped).
    I've been eye-ing Valiant's stuff on Comixology, and with Dynamite now doing the Gold Key titles, I thought it would be a perfect time to waltz on over.

I picked up the FCBD 2012 Special and X-O Manowar #1 and will go forward from there. May take me a while to catch up with you guys, so be gentle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    New to the fold...

I was previously getting DC's Earth-2, Worlds' Finest and Batman '66, but after a bout of being unemployed (and already behind on issues), I figured it was time for me to finally break free (the DC Comics forum kinda helped).
    I've been eye-ing Valiant's stuff on Comixology, and with Dynamite now doing the Gold Key titles, I thought it would be a perfect time to waltz on over.

I picked up the FCBD 2012 Special and X-O Manowar #1 and will go forward from there. May take me a while to catch up with you guys, so be gentle.
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I hope you enjoy Valiant. When you get the chance you should definitely check out Bloodshot and Harbinger. If you need some light hearted comedy then Archer and Armstrong will definitely be a fun read.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I hope you enjoy Valiant. When you get the chance you should definitely check out Bloodshot and Harbinger. If you need some light hearted comedy then Archer and Armstrong will definitely be a fun read.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to A&A. Sounds like fun!

Incredible Member

Hope things pick up for you Lee Stone. I recently picked up a bunch of back issues with the new Valiant comics. I think you have made a wise investment and will enjoy the books. I have a few duplicate Valiant books I will send to you if you want to message me your address. They may help you decide if you want to give Harbinger or Archer and Armstrong a shot.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    New to the fold...

Most of us have sadly been in your shoes. I hope it turns around for you but as it did for me it allowed me to re-evaluate my buying habits. I buy such fewer Marvel/DC A-list books monthly now and trade wait. Better deals online make the per issue price better + it's in a nice hardcover format(most of mine are HC).

Speaking of, your in luck as VALIANT has several nice oversized Hardcovers for XO, Harbinger, Bloodshot, Archer&Armstrong with Harbinger Wars and Shadowman forthcoming. All of these HC volumes contain 12-14 issues and are MSRP $40 but online you can find for $25-27usd. I highly recommend all of them with exception of Shadowman as reception on that book is more lukewarm. Perhaps buy the first 4-ish arc floppy to gauge for yourself.

UNITY should for certain be on your list as well as RAI!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Thanks, guys!

@wwise03 - Thanks for the offer, but I'm getting Valiant digital-only. My partner wasn't too thrilled when I moved in and over half of the boxes were comics. I was going to convert my collection to digital but, of course, almost everything I have has not been (or will not be) converted (JLI/E, Levitz's Legion, DnA's Legion, DC's Star Trek, Who's Who (DC, Legion, Star Trek), some New Mutants, Micronauts: New Voyages, Archie's '80s Red Circle... the list goes on...)

All-New Member

I have to say, Shadowman End Times #2 was a big improvement from #1. Probably Milligan's best single issue since coming onboard.

I asked Milligan about Shadowman and this was his answer: I’m not sure if what I’m doing in Shadowman is exactly “retconning”. We’re finding out more about our characters and we’re exposing some lies that have been told. End Times deals with Jack’s devastating discovery that this father faked his own death and follows Jack on his journey to find that father. I have a lot of ideas of where I want Jack to go after this but as nothing is set in stone yet I’d like to hold off divulging anything here for the time being.

BANNED

Well its a retcon because we basically saw his dad fade away earlier.

Still Rai was interesting, apparently it can only be built because of Livewire.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Over in RAI I'm not fully sure I trust this Lula girl.
    A gal whose not strayed far from her sector, till now, and knows where this Raddie "hard file" location is that's not detectable to Father or RAI??? Hmmmmm
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All-New Member

I haven't gotten my Rai #2 yet. Was it good?