Page 178 of 400 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    It sucks that they end their books like that. We all know that 25 is the number. Really takes the air out of the room. (I personally am not a fan of their oversized issues, either, but seem like I'm in the minority.)

Pound for pound, Valiant is the best in the superhero biz, but man they are weird about some things.
    XO continued past #25, so that's not set in stone, but I could definitely see a change in status quo. What seems to work for them, though, is taking time off from a book for a while and relaunching with a new #1. It worked for Bloodshot, seems it will work for Eternal Warrior and potentially Shadowman, and they'll soon relaunch a Harbinger and A&A.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    Asmus is doing a two-parter for 23-24 but then Kindt's back for what is assuming to be an oversized #25.
    Ahhh, ok thanks.

Incredible Member

I've been saying Unity needs a break for half a year. It is just a boring book that isn't worth $4 anymore. But it is far superior to Dead Drop. I just read the last issue, and wow that was bad! The only thing that gave me joy was knowing that with each page flip, I was almost done with it. Kot just doesn't belong in the Valiant universe.

All other Valiant books are on point though.

Incredible Member

I thought Book of Death: The Fall of Ninjak was a fascinating glimpse into the future of the character and the Valiant Universe proper. On par with the Bloodshot BoD issue. I was a little confused by the ending... what did they hope to accomplish and did they?
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

All-New Member

Turok and Turok 2 are getting digital re-released. I'm excited.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/...paign=Blogroll

It's time for Valiant to fully acquire him, Magnus, and Solar, making the Universe whole.
    Last edited by Jigawatts; 08-26-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    I thought Book of Death: The Fall of Ninjak was a fascinating glimpse into the future of the character and the Valiant Universe proper. On par with the Bloodshot BoD issue. I was a little confused by the ending... what did they hope to accomplish and did they?
    I was confused on that as well. It seemed very un-Ninjak-like to just go up there swinging a sword (granted, a very large sword, but still). Looking back on it, I believe he was able to sever a portion of Japan from the main island. Perhaps this is a plot point Kindt will be revisiting in Rai.

BANNED

It's cool to see Master Darque back again. Maybe Shadowman isn't too far behind.

Fantastic Member

So, Harbinger/Imperium editor Alejandro Arbona tweeted this preview for Fall of Harbinger out. Maybe it's just me, but there's a load of subtext in Panel 2:

Considering how much I didn't like the first two issues of DEAD DROP, it finished relatively well. A lot of the problems I had were explained, and everything wrapped up. It's still a bit out of place, but not terrible.

FALL OF NINJAK was interesting as well. I was surprised by the tie-in to concepts introduced in RAI; though it's interesting to see the origin of some of those aspects, I think I would have preferred those reveals actually happen in that book. Especially considering how unlikely it is that as Valiant continues, they won't do something that completely contradicts the future events shown in these FALL OF.... issues.

Fantastic Member

Okay, here's my thing with Ninjak (the book). I really did enjoy this issue. Here's my worry. Okay, so the Shadow Seven are supposed to be the baddest of the bad mofos out there, right? Feel like, if Ninjak just solos each of these characters in one issue, not only will this feel anti-climactic but would push Ninjak into the Boring Invincible Superhero side of things.

I could be wrong. I hope I am. Meanwhile, a preview to issue #7 a.k.a. "Ahhh! Your face and stuff!"

I think I am more interested by the Fall of X books than I am actually enjoying them so far.
    Fall of Ninjak had less crazy future stuff than Bloodshat in it but actually give some answer about what we know of the Valiant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    Okay, here's my thing with Ninjak (the book). I really did enjoy this issue. Here's my worry. Okay, so the Shadow Seven are supposed to be the baddest of the bad mofos out there, right? Feel like, if Ninjak just solos each of these characters in one issue, not only will this feel anti-climactic but would push Ninjak into the Boring Invincible Superhero side of things.

I could be wrong. I hope I am. Meanwhile, a preview to issue #7 a.k.a. "Ahhh! Your face and stuff!"
    Flashback in the "undead monk" temple showed Kannon and La Barbe plus the guy(?) on the cover of issue 3 as students.
    Kindt did not killed Kannon and La Barbe is just too cool to be only after one issue. I really expect a big twist that's gonna change the Kill Bill dynamic at the end of the arc.

Hated Dead Drop. Holy shit. Need to get Gorham on a good book, though, ASAP.

I hope the other Fall Of books aren't set in the far-flung future.

Wow, I really loved the Fall of Ninjak. I thought the Livewire/Positron idea was very cool and now I'm even more excited to read the Harbinger tie in.

Hairsine was in top form and I hope Valiant uses him again soon. I don't want to wait a year just to see him on Divinity 2.

Hated Dead Drop. Holy shit. Need to get Gorham on a good book, though, ASAP.
    Yeah, the art was the only redeeming quality in that book and hopefully we can get some more Gorham.
    Last edited by harashkupo; 08-26-2015 at 11:18 PM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

I hope the other Fall Of books aren't set in the far-flung future.
    Based on the previews, I think the remaining two both take place at least 100 years in the future.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Based on the previews, I think the remaining two both take place at least 100 years in the future.
    Well, we learned in Ninjak that one of them will come sooner. But it's kind of weird how little mortal risk our heroes are in for the next 10 years of their lives. Oh well.