Page 370 of 400 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 5990
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Is the current Valiant universe the longest continuously published superhero universe outside of DC and Marvel? I know Spawn and Savage Dragon go back to the '90s but they've had some intermittent breaks in between.
    Current Valiant(2.0) started May 2012 and just turned 7 as of this summer(2019).
    Original Valiant began with Solar Man of the Atom in Sept of 1991 and ended somewhere around 1996/97 when Acclaim bought them. So 5, 6 years max for OG Valiant.
    Relaunching under the Acclaim banner with XO and that was short lived before they folded shop less than 2years later. I don't think a single Acclaim bannered book went 25 issues(2yrs).

I do think Valiant is the longest running super hero universe outside the Big-2 and that it is the most expansive while continuing to grow.
    However, things like Hellboy, Spawn, Savage Dragon are singular universes that span a longer amount of time but aren't as broad.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Current Valiant(2.0) started May 2012 and just turned 7 as of this summer(2019).
    Original Valiant began with Solar Man of the Atom in Sept of 1991 and ended somewhere around 1996/97 when Acclaim bought them. So 5, 6 years max for OG Valiant.
    Relaunching under the Acclaim banner with XO and that was short lived before they folded shop less than 2years later. I don't think a single Acclaim bannered book went 25 issues(2yrs).

I do think Valiant is the longest running super hero universe outside the Big-2 and that it is the most expansive while continuing to grow.
    However, things like Hellboy, Spawn, Savage Dragon are singular universes that span a longer amount of time but aren't as broad.

It's the longest running outside of the Big-2 ever since Invincible ended. That went for about 15 years. Granted, it was predominantly focused on a single title, but Invincible contained an expansive universe with a few side-titles along the way.

Valiant posted this teaser today, looks like Roku.

Roku gets her own series this October: https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-roku-s...ies-this-fall/
    Looks good, but personally, I wanted them to reveal the dinosaur book they teased a while back. Since X-O is coming in November, I'm guessing that book would be out in December hopefully.

I'm up for a Roku series. She could for sure play as a great anti-hero title where she at times works her own angles so while she may not be "bad" as much as just opposed to others goals(like Ninjak or others).

I now know what that dinosaur book is announced at SDCC: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...etailer-lunch/

So pumped for a new Rai ongoing!!

Also very interest in Roku. She could be like early Harlequin's at DC before they've all but made her a Deadpool ripoff straight up heroine

i'm enjoying Fallen World quite a bit, looking forward to Killers.

Livewire magazine covers: https://www.newsarama.com/46287-vali...nt-covers.html

Like reading the article headlines, cool idea Valiant.

I also have really enjoyed Fallen World and am guessing the next Rai ongoing has call backs to this run.

Psi-Lords #2 was a bit more interesting. I'm getting a very strong Green Lantern Corps vibe off this incarnation though thus far. Too on the nose and it could be boring so lets see what develops.

Livewire is starting to, sadly, bore me. I love the character and hate the corner that Harbinger Wars 2 placed her in. This title has been spinning its wheels for 8 issues on fugitive Amanda. Sure the concept could be good cause we've had "Trial of Barry Allen" and things like that in other titles/publishers. However this seems to have no momentum. I'm staying with it cause that's what I do but voicing my concern.

L&DoToyo is going to conclude next month but it is very, very, very clear a succession path of stories is being laid out. Now, even though we don't know how L/DofTH ends I'm already curious about the threads that are likely to still exist at the conclusion and how they could be pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I also have really enjoyed Fallen World and am guessing the next Rai ongoing has call backs to this run.

Psi-Lords #2 was a bit more interesting. I'm getting a very strong Green Lantern Corps vibe off this incarnation though thus far. Too on the nose and it could be boring so lets see what develops.

Livewire is starting to, sadly, bore me. I love the character and hate the corner that Harbinger Wars 2 placed her in. This title has been spinning its wheels for 8 issues on fugitive Amanda. Sure the concept could be good cause we've had "Trial of Barry Allen" and things like that in other titles/publishers. However this seems to have no momentum. I'm staying with it cause that's what I do but voicing my concern.

L&DoToyo is going to conclude next month but it is very, very, very clear a succession path of stories is being laid out. Now, even though we don't know how L/DofTH ends I'm already curious about the threads that are likely to still exist at the conclusion and how they could be pulled.
    Yeah I hope we see some after effects of Ladoth in upcoming Livewire arcs. Also I kinda wished if the government had caught her and now Livewire most pay for her crimes by joining a sort of suicide squad team, hunting rogue psiots.

I just read this weeks offerings.

Punk Mambo#5 - was honestly a bit surprised she did not take the Loa back and seemed to hurt its feelings by not wanting to bond. Also seems they are setting up an exclusive foe for Punk as well based on that last panel. It should make her more interesting vs seeming like she's just floating through the VU with no identity except being the "extra".

LADOTH #6 - what a great conclusion. This is indeed an epic epilogue to the Harbinger/Imperium cycle! Curious about Sunlight on Snow's future at the end. That second to last panel that shows a tentacled creature in near Earth orbit is I assume one of those creatures from that Dimension Harada escaped to? So curious about where we see Harada show up next and his child!!

unnamed.jpg
    Valiant: A brand-new series will be revealed soon, and we have an exclusive first-look at a page from artist MJ Kim and colorist Diego Rodriguez! The scene obviously takes place in New York, but what's going on? Who does it feature? What could it be?! Enjoy speculating!

Valiant teased this today, I dont think its X-O but something else.

^^^^
    the visitor