Page 299 of 400 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 5990

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Fair enough, my friend. To each their own, right? Sorry to hear it's not doing it for you. For me, this series is hitting all the right notes. It was described from the start as Archie meets The Authority, and I feel that's been pretty accurate. Wish I could say I had the same level of enjoyment with A&A and, to a lesser extent, Faith.

Meanwhile, I grow more and more optimistic about Harbinger Renegade. Valiant clearly has huge plans around this title, which bolsters my confidence. And that art in the previews... fantastic!!
    Yea, I suppose that's true. I guess I was just in denial; hoping that Gen. Zero would turn out to be something other than that.

But yea, I'm getting more and more hyped for Harbinger every week! I personally can't wait for Faith #5 next week either, I'll just be making sure I get the 'B' cover without Hillary on it.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Mighty Member

I loved Gen Zero 3. I thought it was fun, creative, and exactly what you'd expect from Fred Van Lente. It was also a nice focus on Animalia because her entire situation is a little weird. If you read of her before, her militance seems off. At the same time, if you never read of her, her development here might seem forced. She doesn't want to be treated like a kid, but she's vindictive because she doesn't get to be a kid, it's a bit offkilter, but given her circumstances, accurate.

Bloodshot USA was ok. It maintains the same quality the series has had since Lemire jumped on the title, but it doesn't quite pop like the first issue of Armor Hunters, The Valiant, or even 2001 AD. It was an average set up issue that you'd generally expect at the beginning of an event or mini-series, but I'm excited to see how it all comes together.

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Bloodshot USA was ok. It maintains the same quality the series has had since Lemire jumped on the title, but it doesn't quite pop like the first issue of Armor Hunters, The Valiant, or even 2001 AD. It was an average set up issue that you'd generally expect at the beginning of an event or mini-series, but I'm excited to see how it all comes together.
    I haven't read BLOODSHOT USA but I will when it's collected. I have to say that the concept doesn't seem very original, sounds a bit like Spider-Island. I also wonder what lasting repercussions it will have if any. Like 4001AD I'm more curious to see what happens afterwards.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post
    I haven't read BLOODSHOT USA but I will when it's collected. I have to say that the concept doesn't seem very original, sounds a bit like Spider-Island. I also wonder what lasting repercussions it will have if any. Like 4001AD I'm more curious to see what happens afterwards.
    I'm not familiar with Spider Island, but the sense I got with the first issue of Bloodshot USA is that series will bookend what began with The Valiant almost two years ago. A nice big mega-arc: The Valiant -> Bloodshot Reborn -> Bloodshot USA
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

I read UNITY Vol 6: War Monger. It was alright. The flashback art was nice but the whole thing felt kinda off. If they focused mostly on UNIT-Y it may have been better. They introduced so many concepts and characters and they all fell kinda flat for me. The Shademen? Who cares. sigh. War Monger herself was super annoying. The swearing thing was eye rolling. I really wish Valiant would take their comics to Vertigo level of swearing and nudity. It doesn't always have to be present but when the story calls for it it would be nice. I don't think I can do volume 7. Really loved Volume 1, up there with the best of Valiant. Volumes 2-4 were ok and 5 was great. But 6 just felt so pointless.

Thoughts on Faith 5
    Part 1 (Houser & Hetrick)- I gotta say.. although I haven't been too interested in this whole "Valiant-lite" stuff that's been going on (A&A and Gen. Zero, to be specific), Faith is my jam. Meghan Hetrick looks to be a greatchoice for this sophomore arc, and with a few more issues, I can really see myself viewing Jody Houser in the same light as the Valiant greats.
    Part 2 (Simonson & Perez)- Perez stuns as usual, but as for the story..this is pretty much the most partisan, non-bias story that could possibly be told about Faith meeting Hilary. I suppose that's not a bad thing, all things considered, but it does make for a fairly boring read.
    Part 3 (Roberts & ... someone else)- Intriguing, and got me slightly more hype for Renegade, but nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post
    I read UNITY Vol 6: War Monger. It was alright. The flashback art was nice but the whole thing felt kinda off. If they focused mostly on UNIT-Y it may have been better. They introduced so many concepts and characters and they all fell kinda flat for me. The Shademen? Who cares. sigh. War Monger herself was super annoying. The swearing thing was eye rolling. I really wish Valiant would take their comics to Vertigo level of swearing and nudity. It doesn't always have to be present but when the story calls for it it would be nice. I don't think I can do volume 7. Really loved Volume 1, up there with the best of Valiant. Volumes 2-4 were ok and 5 was great. But 6 just felt so pointless.
    Agreed on every point, although I'd give Warmonger a much more scathing review. I had already been annoyed by the Matt Kindt trope of introducing a bunch of boring characters at once and expecting me to care, and with Warmonger, he did not hold back. I dropped the series two issues in.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Incredible Member

Personally, I really liked The United arc of Unity. The post-Armor Hunters world seemed ripe to explore, and this anti-Unity group of characters in The United looked to establish a rogues gallery. I still have hopes those characters will be used in the future - Myth would make a great foil for Ninjak, and the handless tattood (cant recall his name, but he's the grandson to Breaker from Unity #0 and The Valiant) already fits well in a Secret Weapons title I've dreamed up.

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Personally, I really liked The United arc of Unity. The post-Armor Hunters world seemed ripe to explore, and this anti-Unity group of characters in The United looked to establish a rogues gallery. I still have hopes those characters will be used in the future - Myth would make a great foil for Ninjak, and the handless tattood (cant recall his name, but he's the grandson to Breaker from Unity #0 and The Valiant) already fits well in a Secret Weapons title I've dreamed up.
    Isn't that Myth in the 2-page spread from BoD next to Grave Dog? And is the chick on the far left supposed to be War Monger? And what about Helix and Sunlight On Snow getting together? I agree, some of these characters have potential. Not sure if any other villains show up in BoD.

Oh, ok. Soooo buy 4 books at $3.99 each, cut coupons out of them, then mail them the coupons plus $10 to get a book? That's more than $25 for 24 - 28 pages.

Nah, I'm good.

This publisher is increasingly baffling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Oh, ok. Soooo buy 4 books at $3.99 each, cut coupons out of them, then mail them the coupons plus $10 to get a book? That's more than $25 for 24 - 28 pages.

Nah, I'm good.

This publisher is increasingly baffling to me.
    Where are you getting these numbers? I thought the first four issues came with coupons, then you could mail them in and get Harbinger Wars 2 #0. This isn't some new thing, it's a throwback to what they did with the original Harbinger series. Honestly, I think it's kind of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Where are you getting these numbers? I thought the first four issues came with coupons, then you could mail them in and get Harbinger Wars 2 #0. This isn't some new thing, it's a throwback to what they did with the original Harbinger series. Honestly, I think it's kind of fun.
    Each issue comes with a coupon. It's $3.99 an issue. Four coupons = 4 books = $16. You need to send an additional $10 along with the coupons to get your book = $26.

It's a prelude. I'll bet it's a shorter book the way the Legends of the Geomancer issues were. That's pure supposition, but the $26 ain't.

Real glad it's a throwback to something they did 20 years ago.

The thing I appreciate about Valiant is their straightforward gimmick-free storytelling. But everything they do outside of the actual stories (coupons, Book of Geomancer, cat covers, movies and web shows, RPG's, endless variant covers) feels very gimmicky. I never did get to read Book of Geomancer, and unless the zero issue of Harbinger Wars 2 is collected with the rest of the story I won't read that either. I get that they are a business and need to make profits, etc, but as someone who only cares about the stories in the comic books I have very little patience for all the bells and whistles and exclusives.

Incredible Member

Well, at least this one will be collected in the Harbinger Wars 2 Deluxe Edition.

Me, I got no problem with this. Takes me back to the good ol' days of the original Harbinger series.

I'm bothered because I'm a digital reader. But I suppose I'll survive, though Valiant's love of gimmicks is annoying.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.