Page 400 of 400 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 6000
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    I'm sure the margins are still tight on these collected editions, heck the monthlies also, so results on what the produce, how it sells will inform and dictate where and how much more collected material they print.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    I'm sure the margins are still tight on these collected editions, heck the monthlies also, so results on what the produce, how it sells will inform and dictate where and how much more collected material they print.
    That makes sense, sure, but I don't see this ship turning around at this juncture. Do you? Perhaps a hiatus for a couple years and then come back with more VC money that can afford higher profile creative teams and marketing push...? Or sell to Netflix like Millar or Disney?

^^^^^
    I don't see the ship as needing to turn necessarily. It just needs to get back up to speed.
    Now that Alien Books has taken over I give them credit for staying with the 2012 relaunch narratives and character developments within the VU.
    DGM had drastically slowed momentum due to poor management of publishing and Covid almost axed it entirely. So, staying with the metaphor AB just needs to get the material out, regularly while increasing titles and so far that is what the last few solicits have shown. Now they have to keep that pace up AND audiences return. It is a two fold solution, they publisher can only risk X for so long. Let's prove to them we are here.

I do think at some point there is a CEO at one of these studios who will buy DGM/Valiant. It is the nature of the thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I'm glad they are going back to the standard page count. Just placed my order for April and it's about $25 for jus three issues.

Valiant June 2024 solicits: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ninj...2024-solicits/

Ninjak vs Roku, Deathmate returns and more.

Has it ever been revealed what Jim Shooter's Unity 2000 would have concluded? If I remember correctly only 3 of the planned 6 issue came out before Acclaim Comcs closed.

Van lente has written all 3 anni-padda brothers now.

I read Livewire and the Secret Weapons over the weekend. Very solid. Strong return of this cast off group of psiots that feels like a take on New Warriors in one part but is working with a bit less.
    The cameo reveal at the end was very nice and unexpected. Said character helps to resolve the story in a favorable way for The Secret Weapons.
    Very much worth checking out.

Grade: B/B+

LWandSW.jpg

The fact that the character of Faith was given the time of day means Valiant isn't serious about saving themselves. Two issues is two issues too many.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Last nights read

Britannia: The Great Fire of Rome
    Grade: A-

The setting for this is 64 A.D. with Detectioner Antonius Axia tasked with discovering two things: from Nero-who started the fire(just say Christians) and two from a mystery woman to find a man named....Gilad.
    The book is 60 pages, basically this is a three issue mini in one volume. So for the money it is equivalent or better than buying 3 monthly issues at todays $4/5 per standard.
    I love historical fiction and every entry in the Britannia series has been enjoyable. Here they finally get to a story involving the Immortals that I felt was a no brainer to do one day.

Britannia_GFoRome.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Last nights read

Britannia: The Great Fire of Rome
    Grade: A-

The setting for this is 64 A.D. with Detectioner Antonius Axia tasked with discovering two things: from Nero-who started the fire(just say Christians) and two from a mystery woman to find a man named....Gilad.
    The book is 60 pages, basically this is a three issue mini in one volume. So for the money it is equivalent or better than buying 3 monthly issues at todays $4/5 per standard.
    I love historical fiction and every entry in the Britannia series has been enjoyable. Here they finally get to a story involving the Immortals that I felt was a no brainer to do one day.

Britannia_GFoRome.jpg
    I agree with your grading - Was very happy to see that they have finally tied the book to the larger universe. Just hope we don't have to wait as long as we did, until we see Antonius Axia again!

Im gonna reread lanzing, kelly and rodriquez's work on harbringer over the weekend.

Im hoping they get to do a followup in the new era.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-13-2024 at 02:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The fact that the character of Faith was given the time of day means Valiant isn't serious about saving themselves. Two issues is two issues too many.
    If you get away from the comicsgate nutjobs, Faith is one of their popular characters.