Page 103 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 5990
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Who's Austin Rivers?
    The Wesley Crusher of the NBA.

That's hilarious and kinda sad, but I'm still confused as to why you used his name as a response to my post.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Happy to say Valiant knocked it out of the park, again, with yesterday's comics. Imperium was firing on all cylinders, providing us a glimpse into not only the new Foundation, but also Rising Spirit/H.A.R.D. Corps and the post-Harada world. It is really fascinating stuff!

X-O Manowarwas amazing, as well. While a little light when compared to the dense Imperium, it absolutely set-up the Dead Hand arc in a big way. Can't really consider it new reader friendly, but it is tieing together some long standing story points in big ways!

Can't wait for next week! Ninjak is getting closer, y'all!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

I'm still waiting for Imperium #2.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Imperium had another strong issue. One thing I appreciate about Dysart's writing is that he doesn't treat me, the reader, like an idiot. He writes out a scenario and doesn't take a side or throws out some type of heavy handed preaching. He shows the good and the ugly of every situation and lets us decide what to make of it. I think what helps out most is the fact that these characters seem real. They're not just concepts spitting our one-liners, they read like actual people that have been built from the ground up. That way every person's motivation and actions have meaning and that just adds to the overall picture.

I hope more people get to read this cuz Dysart has been building something special and somehow keeps getting better each issue.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Imperium #2 was indeed a great read! This rogue(?) HARD Corps team leader, former Arab terrorist, Gravedog looks to be an intriguing new character.
    I'm not convinced this isn't part of the plan that he and Kozol cooked up and if it is it's possible Bones may not be dead, just strategically injured to look so to garner the Psiots trust enough to get him into Harada. Who best to commit a suicide run than a former Arab terrorist who blew up school buses?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ninjak #1 colored preview.

I dont know if I like the colors...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Imperium #2 was indeed a great read! This rogue(?) HARD Corps team leader, former Arab terrorist, Gravedog looks to be an intriguing new character.
    I'm not convinced this isn't part of the plan that he and Kozol cooked up and if it is it's possible Bones may not be dead, just strategically injured to look so to garner the Psiots trust enough to get him into Harada. Who best to commit a suicide run than a former Arab terrorist who blew up school buses?
    I said this on another thread but it's not unprecedented to implant spies without Harada's knowledge and we still haven't seen the how far PRS has come with their tech. Back in the original Harbinger Wars, PRS created a mole/traitor right under his nose and Gravedog could be another one. It could play either way and I'm excited to find out how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Ninjak #1 colored preview.

I dont know if I like the colors...
    I've been good and avoided all previews but I'm not worried, if you read Age of X you'll see that Mann's art works with vibrant colors. Ain't nothing gonna bring my excitement down.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I've been good and avoided all previews but I'm not worried, if you read Age of X you'll see that Mann's art works with vibrant colors. Ain't nothing gonna bring my excitement down.
    I dont know. There's something weird in Guice pages.

I dont know. There's something weird in Guice pages.
    Hmm well let's gloss over the fact that I just said I'm avoiding previews
    I don't have any experience with Guice's art but it looks like they're going for a Michael Lark feel and that's not a bad thing.
    Don't worry friend, just do some meditation exercises and remember you'll also be getting more of your favorite artist in the upcoming Bloodshot.
    Happy thoughts
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Looks more like Sorrentino to me. Kind of murkier though.

Still, can't wait.

Hmm well let's gloss over the fact that I just said I'm avoiding previews
    Oops, I really sorry, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Looks more like Sorrentino to me. Kind of murkier though.
    Agreed.

Oops, I really sorry, my friend.
    LOL no problem my friend, I was just giving you a hard time.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

I've been trying to catch up on the Valiant stuff and I am so behind...real life got in the way lol. The only thing I was able to read was Divinity and while the first issue didn't blow me away, it did enough for me to stick with it. I only read the first issue of The Valiant, that was months ago. Wow, I'm really behind lol.