Page 358 of 400 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 6000
    Mighty Member

Is their a chance the Amazon listing for the Faith deluxe is wrong? Is there possibly a reason to strand the final few issues of the series? Were they relevant to something else? I seem to remember them initially incorrectly listing the contents for Bloodshot Reborn way back when.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Harbinger Wars 2 #1 - Good set up. Seems like this could be an interesting ride indeed. Foreshadowing with Amanda and X-O concerning Shanara, Ninjak as well + Bloodshot is going to be on her side.

Shadowman #2 - much closer to where the character should be but not yet there. I appreciate that the creative team seems to thus far be picking up the best pieces from the initial run and reincorporating those characters here. Baron Samedi, Alyssa and the Abettors were all great pieces so seeing where we are a few years down the road is a good choice to start over.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Is their a chance the Amazon listing for the Faith deluxe is wrong? Is there possibly a reason to strand the final few issues of the series? Were they relevant to something else? I seem to remember them initially incorrectly listing the contents for Bloodshot Reborn way back when.
    Yea, I think the numbers are too weirdly specific for them to be wrong. I think Vol. 2 will include #9-12, Future Force, and Winter Wonderland. 9 issues total.
    I would have split it up like this:
    Vol. 1- Faith 0, The United (Unity 12-14), Mini 1-4, A+A 5, and Ongoing 1-4. 13 issues. You could even add in Harbinger #4 and/or #9.
    Vol. 2- Ongoing 5-12, Future Force, and Winter Wonderland. 13 issues.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Yea, I think the numbers are too weirdly specific for them to be wrong. I think Vol. 2 will include #9-12, Future Force, and Winter Wonderland. 9 issues total.
    Vol. 1- Faith 0, The United (Unity 12-14), Mini 1-4, A+A 5, and Ongoing 1-4. 13 issues. You could even add in Harbinger #4 and/or #9.
    Thanks. I don't follow monthly, so i thought it was weird to strand 3 issues unless they were tied to something else. I guess we'll know for sure when it's solicited proper.

Valiant beyond: https://www.cbr.com/valiant-reveals-...ire-incursion/
    Some of these look interesting I will most likely try Bloodshot, Livewire and Incursion.( seems connected to the X-O story-line Agent. I'm thinking of a Shadowman/Eternity crossover.)

I'm interested in every title but bloodshot.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-08-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I love Faith and Dr. Mirage, so that's a plus for me.
    I've been waiting for a Livewire solo since she first popped up, so I'm so down.
    And I'm hoping Incursion is an event with Shadowman in it, so he can spread his wings into the VU more. If it is, I'm so gonna get it!

I'm looking forward to reading these! Good job, Valiant, keep it up!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

anyone else think that Archer has been overthought and made to powerful? He was such a simple character that they so complicated.

Dreamside: Faith is a boring lead for me but I really like Dr. Mirage. I'd get it regardless I just feel the Faith push is becoming as obvious at VEI as low selling Danvers Capt.Marvel is over at Marvel.
    Bloodshot: PRS is a get for me. Wish it weren't a prequel. Would be nice to have a BS book running in concurrent continuity with XO and Ninjak.
    Incursion gives me a vibe of being tied to Divinity but we'll see. It can't be worse than Dead Drop plus I like cosmic fare so I'm curious.
    Livewire- the saddest news is that it's a limited series. Amanda is a fantastic character and to me one of the strongest new characters out of the '12 relaunch. I don't know the creative team but just feel Amanda is ready for the big time. Maybe this limited is needed to prove she is ready for an ongoing?

As an aside I'm finding Valiant High to be a tough read. Archie/Riverdale meets the VEI isn't wowing me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I love Faith and Dr. Mirage, so that's a plus for me.
    I've been waiting for a Livewire solo since she first popped up, so I'm so down.
    And I'm hoping Incursion is an event with Shadowman in it, so he can spread his wings into the VU more. If it is, I'm so gonna get it!

I'm looking forward to reading these! Good job, Valiant, keep it up!
    the Original Shadowman was one of the great creations of the 1990's. That book was deep, intoxicting and rich.

Bloodshot Salvation #10 - after the train wreck of issue 9 being mostly black panels this issue redeemed things a lot. Solid story with a significant unexplained matter of issue 9 ending with infant Jessie being cured only to arrive at pre-adolescent Jessie sitting in a Gate med room with Magic.
    We also seem to in present day now. This series has jumped around a bit with early issues being present day and set 10/12 yrs in the future. Well mostly present day as Ray/Bloodshot is in the year 4002, so there is that.

With the series concluding in 2 issues they have quite a bit to wrap up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    anyone else think that Archer has been overthought and made to powerful? He was such a simple character that they so complicated.
    Not at all. In Roberts' A+A run, Archer barely did anything besides punch and kick people. The dude can access the akashic record, of course he's going to be powerful. I actually think he should be viewed alongside Ninjak, X-O, and Bloodshot as one of the most powerful fighters in the Valiant U.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

In the vein of that discussion not only is Archer not as fully realized as he could be the same is true(I feel), for Quantum/Eric.
    I am not a Quantum & Woody fan. I'm a Quantum fan and feel if he could be untethered from the joke that is Woody he would be a stronger force for good in the VEI. Likewise, Archer is tied to Aram which holds him back. He could then surround himself with those he could learn from and become an even better hero. Instead he is anchored to that dimwit Woody by design.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    A volume two could also include the next Faith mini. 17 issues wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Harbinger Wars 2 #1 - Good set up. Seems like this could be an interesting ride indeed. Foreshadowing with Amanda and X-O concerning Shanara, Ninjak as well + Bloodshot is going to be on her side.

Shadowman #2 - much closer to where the character should be but not yet there. I appreciate that the creative team seems to thus far be picking up the best pieces from the initial run and reincorporating those characters here. Baron Samedi, Alyssa and the Abettors were all great pieces so seeing where we are a few years down the road is a good choice to start over.
    It is a pleasant read with a nice supporting cast. I just picked up 3 as well, and it also is working out. I'm happy with this book.