Page 348 of 400 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 6000
    Mighty Member

With Eternity, I liked it. It ended by mostly subverting violence, as one can expect from this series, and I really liked what it had to say. The only thing that has me in an inbetween place is the sense of lost expressed at the end. I kind of wish it was fuller, that we had more pages or panels dedicated to it, but at the same time what they managed to achieve with the space they had left was great.

I am already loving this Quantum and Woody run. Sometimes it takes a while for a writer to nail the voice of a character, to step into the skin of an established tone. There are examples at valiant, like the recent A&A run, where the writer never manages to capture what makes the characters and lore of the book he's writing so beloved, but Daniel Kibblesmith has already mastered Quantum and Woody. The tone, the conflict, the humor, the absurd Venture Brothers-esque corner of the world they live in, one could not ask for more when it comes to following a successful run. And I love the art, I think it works perfectly with the script. Quantum and Woody! makes me kind of sad because it is fresh out the gates, and we know that the future of Valiant may be bleak. I hope it gets the chance to be great. I think it has enough time to tell a good story that will cement itself in the minds of Quantum and Woody fans. I'm not sure if I can say the same for the upcoming Shadowman relaunch.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Eternity felt like it was cut short, and had a sudden rewrite in the last issue.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    Eternity felt like it was cut short, and had a sudden rewrite in the last issue.
    What specifically made it feel that way to you?
    Since VEI has a known model of 4 issue mini-series this would've also followed suit.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    What specifically made it feel that way to you?
    Since VEI has a known model of 4 issue mini-series this would've also followed suit.
    It just felt rushed at the end.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Eternity #4 - wraps up where Divinity and Myshka are in their relationship and setting the stage for a real foe(David) to become their nemesis. The art is again excellent. I'd need to re-read this all in one sitting but the recap about the lone bullet traversing space/time that killed the Watcher is a plot point that doesn't work well for me.

Quantum & Woody #2 - never been a strong Q&W fan, not starting now. However, staying objective I so far find the first two issues to be enjoyable. Mainly cause the juvenile toilet humor is largely absent. Let's see how long that lasts. I don't recall there being a story about removing their "klang" bands being done since the relaunch so the impetus of this first arc is interesting and not been wasted thus far.
    Did Vincent Van Goat do anything amazing in the first two issues? if there is, please post the scan.

^^^^^
    No, Vincent was barely even seen.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Did Vincent Van Goat do anything amazing in the first two issues? if there is, please post the scan.
    You're probably going to need to read the third issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Solicit
    Because you demanded it! The Goat returns!
    If you add them all up, this would be Quantum and Woody’s 50th issue! What better time to answer the eternal question: “Whatever happened to the Goat, anyway?” At last, the whole saga of Dr. Derek Henderson’s transformation from brilliant physicist and beloved father into a barnyard animal of unimaginable power can finally be told…and all of his secrets revealed, beginning with the long-awaited birth of the Goat’s baby!
    And the Eisner for “Best Goat Birth Scene” goes to…writer extraordinaire Daniel Kibblesmith (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert) and special guest artist Francis Portela (FAITH)! Don’t miss the staggering spectacle as the entire Valiant Universe stands on the cusp of a milestone moment in the spectacular goatacular of 2018!
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Archer and Armstrong:Vault of secrets was a pretty fun comic.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Archer and Armstrong:Vault of secrets was a pretty fun comic.
    I really loved it. It hearkened back to the good old days of A&A while making references to various corners of the Valiant U.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

https://www.newsarama.com/38576-greg...w-ongoing.html

Greg Smallwood debuts his shadowman design for the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/38576-greg...w-ongoing.html

Greg Smallwood debuts his shadowmani like Ste design for the new series.
    I like Stephen Segovia, but damn it would have been cool to see Smallwood do the first arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    You're probably going to need to read the third issue.
    Omg! i want this issue. The more im confused if i should address Vincent a he or a she.

Ninjak#4 was a good comic with a nice twist and I'm curious how it all turns out.

Ninjak has long been one of my top 3 favorite original Valiant characters. So, shock of shocks I agree that Ninja-K #4 was a great read. The twist being he and Ninja-G came to an understanding and she didn't/wasn't killed. This kind of makes me hopeful she can pop back up as a shadowy secret weapon somewhere down the road!

Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.