Page 10 of 400 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    It seems like you start reading one title and just have to get sucked in to the entire Valiant Universe. I started with X-O, then Harbinger, then Bloodshot...
    yep! i started with Unity then found myself reading Q&W, A&A, Shadowman, Harbinger, and X-O thanks to comixology and their periodic 99c sales and such. it's almost hard not to be a completionist for Valiant..

BANNED

So is Shadowman not continuing after End Times 3? This is my favorite hero book outside of Batman, say it ain't so.

Im sure itll be back at some point. Probably once Dr Mirage wraps up.
    Valiant have expressed that theyre are aiming to put out 9 titles a month so i imagine they will continually swap out different properties to benefit from new #1s or marketable jump on points.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    So is Shadowman not continuing after End Times 3? This is my favorite hero book outside of Batman, say it ain't so.
    Based on hints Valiant has dropped, it will be back in some shape or form. Just no clue on timing. Doctor Mirage is going to be scratching that Deadside itch for awhile.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Based on hints Valiant has dropped, it will be back in some shape or form. Just no clue on timing. Doctor Mirage is going to be scratching that Deadside itch for awhile.
    Good to hear.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Shadowman is in bad shape IMO, even having not yet read End Times #3 which comes out today.
    Depending on how VEI handles his return they need to use this hiatus time to figure out where they went wrong and how to right the ship.
    I've just come to not really care about this version of Jack Boniface. I had thought the new creative team was going to address his aimless-ness through the first year. Instead they come in and muck it up more by "revealing" this buried violent tendencies, a rushing of the romance/love arc with Alyssa.

A mess, a HOT MESS.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Did anyone read the new Shadowman? I did, and I enjoyed it. It seems that Milligan has finally gotten to where he always wanted to, while giving sense to all the rectons. He could have been more patient and develop the stoy more, but hey, Milligan works much better when he is interested in what he is writing.

And I can't wait until the new series begins. It'll be interesting to see what is going to be his new role.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Shadowman is in bad shape IMO, even having not yet read End Times #3 which comes out today.
    Depending on how VEI handles his return they need to use this hiatus time to figure out where they went wrong and how to right the ship.
    I've just come to not really care about this version of Jack Boniface. I had thought the new creative team was going to address his aimless-ness through the first year. Instead they come in and muck it up more by "revealing" this buried violent tendencies, a rushing of the romance/love arc with Alyssa.

A mess, a HOT MESS.
    I have to agree. end times is a disaster to me. Hopefully any future story involves Michael LaRoi, Sandria and Nettie fighting the "evil Jack" Shadowman until the Loa is eventually bonded with Michael and Jack is killed off.

On another note...XO #26, like the other Armor Hunter issues thus far, was superb. I loved the look into the "origin" of Primary and Malgam. This crossover is shaping up to be something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

A mess, a HOT MESS.
    I have to say that Milligan's Shadowman isn't working for me either. The start was a bit underwhelming, but it has deteriorated into some real crap in End Times #2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    BLOOSHOT RETURNING TO SOLO STATUS!!! REJOICE, CHILDREN!!!rejoice...
    This is what I've been waiting for! I had to drop this after the 2nd or 3rd issue with H.A.R.D. Corps., I couldn't take the drop from complete awesomeness to lame.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    On another note...XO #26, like the other Armor Hunter issues thus far, was superb. I loved the look into the "origin" of Primary and Malgam. This crossover is shaping up to be something special.
    This was an incredible issue. The art was amazing and the story surprised me. Harbinger is what brought me over to Valiant and is currently my most anticipated book every month but I have to say that Armor Hunters has blow Harbinger Wars out of the water. Valiant has outdone themselves.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I actually didn't care for Harbinger Wars, thought it was too convoluted. Armor Hunters is kicking its ass already. Loved the change of perspective in today's X-O.

I did pick up Shadowman today, though was/am not looking forward to reading it. Diamond's post seems to be the only positive thing going for it in this thread.

Incredible Member

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53645

Congrats to Warren, and what a great interview. Excited to hear all the big announcements, and am so optimistic for the future of this line!

... now let's just figure out what to do with Shadowman...

What if after Q2, Valiant gets Christopher Priest to write Shadowman, if anyone can make this book work its him.