Page 102 of 400 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Hmmm....they did drop a tease about something called "the Savage" a while back--guessed to be a pastiche of Turok for the VALIANT U--then nothing new on that for a while and...now this.

Interesting it's just Turok teased and not Solar or Magnus...Many of us havespeculation over the GK3 ownership rights post Random House/Classic Media split and then the DreamWorks purchase of Classic. The research I did suggested Turok may be owned outright by DreamWorks, while the other two were not (just their media/non-publishing rights).

On a related note, Dreamworks lost almost $300 million last quarter and are preparing to sell their huge California complex.

Selling the rights to Turok and/or the GK3 might just be a drop in the bucket for DreamWorks, but that bucket ain't exactly overflowing at the moment...
    What if its not Turok, but something similar involving the Faraway, like what they did with Divinity/Solar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    What if its not Turok, but something similar involving the Faraway, like what they did with Divinity/Solar.
    Divinity's cool, and a nice analog to Solar, but if there's any chance of getting the Gold Key characters, I think it would be silly to not. A year or two ago, I might have said that I just wanted Valiant to use their own characters, but now that they're in the position they're in now, a Magnus, Solar, and Turok book would be perfect.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Divinity is good... But Solar? Um, yes please...

WEEK
    DAYS
    HOURS
    MINUTES
    SECONDS
    To be exact...but who's counting?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

is Ninjak gonna be an ongoing? Haven't found an answer in the solicits

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    is Ninjak gonna be an ongoing? Haven't found an answer in the solicits
    Yes, as far as we know.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Ninjak looks to be an ongoing, I even feel like I read that it was, maybe in an interview.

Regarding Dinesh's tweet of Turok, it might be for fun, what with the DynaKey ongoing ending or it could signal something more. Yeah, Dynamite says an amalgamation book is coming but they also said they had plans for a GK Phase 2 list of titles. That didn't happen, I highly doubt a reduction of the line into one variety book was their Phase 2 plan so I'll believe the variety book when it happens.

Within VALIANT fandom I'm frankly amazed at the staunch rebuking of the GK3 in some corridors. It reminds me of when TASM with Webb/Garfield came out you suddenly saw this faction of fandom proclaiming the Raimi Spider-man 1&2 as crap. What? Since when?
    I'm loving my relaunched VALIANT since '12, loving their new original creations but I also adore what the GK3 brought to the table in OG VU. A solid argument could be made that w/o the GK3 for Shooter to lay a foundation we might never have gotten the original characters then we so love now or if we did get them that the impact wouldn't have been the same within the industry.

Some act like getting the GK3 means an instant halt to VEI creating all new, all original concepts? Why would that be? That's a very myopic view to hold. VEI has been very strategic about re-introducing concepts back into the fold such as the Geomancer, HARD Corps, Armorines all the while sliding in new concepts like Punk Mambo, Gen Zero, Unity as a team concept and many more. If the GK 3 were wholly legally acquired(not leased/loaned) I have the utmost faith that they would craft an organic story/stories to bring them "home". Plus their incorporation is a springboard to create new original concepts for those characters, expanding those canvases like Gen Zero does the Harbinger story or Punk Mambo the Deadside world. Not to mention the industry buzz and mounds of literal free publicity from such a "homecoming" by the GK 3 to VALIANT.

If they can be wholly and legally obtained at what Dinesh & Co. would deem a fair market price AND that funding NOT endanger VEI's ability to acquire and/or maintain the talent on it's existing books, expansion of original content then by all means they should have their cake and eat it too with the GK3.

EDIT: My 500th post since the board re-started!
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 03-02-2015 at 10:46 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    WEEK
    DAYS
    HOURS
    MINUTES
    SECONDS
    To be exact...but who's counting?
    Can't wait!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Can't wait!
    Are we there yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Ninjak looks to be an ongoing, I even feel like I read that it was, maybe in an interview.

Regarding Dinesh's tweet of Turok, it might be for fun, what with the DynaKey ongoing ending or it could signal something more. Yeah, Dynamite says an amalgamation book is coming but they also said they had plans for a GK Phase 2 list of titles. That didn't happen, I highly doubt a reduction of the line into one variety book was their Phase 2 plan so I'll believe the variety book when it happens.

Within VALIANT fandom I'm frankly amazed at the staunch rebuking of the GK3 in some corridors. It reminds me of when TASM with Webb/Garfield came out you suddenly saw this faction of fandom proclaiming the Raimi Spider-man 1&2 as crap. What? Since when?
    I'm loving my relaunched VALIANT since '12, loving their new original creations but I also adore what the GK3 brought to the table in OG VU. A solid argument could be made that w/o the GK3 for Shooter to lay a foundation we might never have gotten the original characters then we so love now or if we did get them that the impact wouldn't have been the same within the industry.

Some act like getting the GK3 means an instant halt to VEI creating all new, all original concepts? Why would that be? That's a very myopic view to hold. VEI has been very strategic about re-introducing concepts back into the fold such as the Geomancer, HARD Corps, Armorines all the while sliding in new concepts like Punk Mambo, Gen Zero, Unity as a team concept and many more. If the GK 3 were wholly legally acquired(not leased/loaned) I have the utmost faith that they would craft an organic story/stories to bring them "home". Plus their incorporation is a springboard to create new original concepts for those characters, expanding those canvases like Gen Zero does the Harbinger story or Punk Mambo the Deadside world. Not to mention the industry buzz and mounds of literal free publicity from such a "homecoming" by the GK 3 to VALIANT.

If they can be wholly and legally obtained at what Dinesh & Co. would deem a fair market price AND that funding NOT endanger VEI's ability to acquire and/or maintain the talent on it's existing books, expansion of original content then by all means they should have their cake and eat it too with the GK3.

EDIT: My 500th post since the board re-started!
    I didn't know there were people against the GK characters being integrated into the new valiant universe. From every interview I've read, it seems like the people at Valiant take a lot of care and planning when it comes to the story and character introduction. If GK were to happen I doubt that kind of attention to detail would be any less.

And congrats on the 500 posts. High five
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Can someone sell me on Ninjak? All I see is a stereotypical western view of a Ninja, and nothing about a comic based on a Ninja excites me unless it's written by this guy:

frank_miller.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    Can someone sell me on Ninjak? All I see is a stereotypical western view of a Ninja, and nothing about a comic based on a Ninja excites me unless it's written by this guy:

frank_miller.jpg
    Just a heads up that I responded in your other post on the subject.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    Best way for me to describe Ninjak would be to take someone with Batman's skill's, gadgets, and training then infuse him with Namor's personality then you could get a pretty basic understanding of who he is.

Best advice I could give on whether or not to try his book would be to check out the first arc of Unity and also Unity #15. There are of course other appearances of Ninjak but these really would give you the best feel for him. Also Kindt wrote those issues and will be writing his solo series, so that way you can definitely judge for yourself if the Ninjak series is worth the investment.

Personally I've enjoyed what I've read so far and am looking forward to this new book. Plus Clay Mann, who is one of my favorite artists, is headlining. That's just icing on an already kick ass cake
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Gotta say... I'm really excited for Valiant's offerings today! The start of Dead Hand in X-O Manowar which looks to be nothing short of epic, and the continuation of Imperium with issue two looks to have plenty of H.A.R.D. Corps action involved! Can't wait!!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Are we there yet?

I didn't know there were people against the GK characters being integrated into the new valiant universe. From every interview I've read, it seems like the people at Valiant take a lot of care and planning when it comes to the story and character introduction. If GK were to happen I doubt that kind of attention to detail would be any less.

And congrats on the 500 posts. High five
    I hate Austin Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    I hate Austin Rivers.
    Who's Austin Rivers?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider