Page 105 of 400 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 6000

This just in from NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/09/mo...ilms.html?_r=0

DC’s Justice League and Marvel’s Avengers are going to have to make room for even more heroes coming to the big screen. The independent comic book publisher Valiant Entertainment and the Beijing-based DMG Entertainment announced on Sunday a nine-figure investment and partnership for feature-film financing as well as publishing, television and licensing opportunities. Valiant’s library of characters and concepts include X-O Manowar, an alien abductee from the past thrown into the present with high-tech armor, and the series Harbinger, about teenagers with special abilities at odds with a corporation out to shape the destiny of the world. Comic superheroes are profitable and highly sought intellectual properties for film franchises, said Dan Mintz, the chief executive officer of DMG, in a statement, “so taking a stake in the last independent massive comic universe is a strategic investment for DMG that will produce movies and TV that are both appealing and relevant to a global audience.” In addition to developing films for release in the United States and China, the two companies will develop Valiant’s characters for new audiences in China and the Asia-Pacific region. There are plans for Chinese-language publishing, animation and theme parks, as well as toys and apparel.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    Holy smokes. That's big news!

I could easily see Harbinger converted to a tv series. Cast it with really ridiculously good-looking twenty something's and people will eat it up, haha! And Harada would make good Tv if cast properly.

Archer and Armstrong would be easy to convert too, IMO.

X-O would be harder to pull off for television, but would be unreal on the big screen!

Thanks for the good news, Knight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    That is huge news!!!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/...erhero-movies/

And according to Bleeding cool:
    The films are to be co-funded and distributed by major Hollywood studios, beginning with Bloodshot for by Sony Pictures and Neal Moritz‘s Original Film (producers of the Fast and the Furious and Jump Street franchises).

Other Valiant films already announced include Shadowman written by J. Michael Straczynski, and Archer & Armstrong with the Sean Daniel Company (Mummy franchise)
    So if true, Bloodshot, Shadowman and Archer & Armstrong films.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Ok thanks.
    No problem
    Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    That's such great news. I hope that if/when they do a tv series they go HBO or Showtime. Shows like Flash and Arrow are cool and all but they could be soooo much more. If they want to do a quality show and stand out from the big 2 in a good way, their best bet is to go premium cable.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    No problem

That's such great news. I hope that if/when they do a tv series they go HBO or Showtime. Shows like Flash and Arrow are cool and all but they could be soooo much more. If they want to do a quality show and stand out from the big 2 in a good way, their best bet is to go premium cable.
    I think that harbinger should apeel more to the teen audience, while bloodshot, Archer and Armstrong would apeel more to adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    The films are to be co-funded and distributed by major Hollywood studios, beginning with Bloodshot for by Sony Pictures and Neal Moritz‘s Original Film (producers of the Fast and the Furious and Jump Street franchises).
    Dear god, yes!!!

Other Valiant films already announced include Shadowman written by J. Michael Straczynski
    Umm, ok, maybe...

Archer & Armstrong with the Sean Daniel Company (Mummy franchise)
    Oh Jesus... That sucks.

I really wish Valiant would make a shared universe. It would immediately shove them into the limelight, as the third biggest superhero shared-universe in movies/tv.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Dear god, yes!!!

Umm, ok, maybe...

Oh Jesus... That sucks.

I really wish Valiant would make a shared universe. It would immediately shove them into the limelight, as the third biggest superhero shared-universe in movies/tv.
    Straczynski is a great writer. I wonder if it will also be done by Sony. I would love a Shadowman film. Maybe they could make a new or relaunch Shadowman based on there plans for a movie.

And ya, I wonder why, if this is true, they would pick to not do a share universe. They have some great cross over stories.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I think that harbinger should apeel more to the teen audience, while bloodshot, Archer and Armstrong would apeel more to adults.
    I think harbinger has more appeal than just teens. Politics, rape, and drugs play important parts within the main characters' lives and the narrative.
    Straczynski is a great writer.
    Yup. I've lost count of how many times I've watched B5.

(G'Kar to Londo)"You picked a terrible moment in your social evolution to develop principles. Perhaps you can start with something simpler, the moral equivalent of the opposable thumb, for instance."
    Last edited by harashkupo; 03-08-2015 at 11:54 PM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I think harbinger has more appeal than just teens. Politics, rape, and drugs play important parts within the main characters' lives and the narrative.
    Exactly. Just because they're teen characters doesn't mean they only appeal to teens. Just look at Buffy, Hunger Games, and Harry Potter.

EDIT: Just saw this on the ValiantFans board:
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodReporter
    and Bloodshot, which is set up at Sony with Matthew Vaughn attached and a script by Jeff Wadlow.
    It would lose my **** if this actually happened. Matthew Vaughn is one of my favorite directors, and he's been knocking it out of the park for a while now (Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class, Kingsman).
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 03-09-2015 at 12:25 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Yup. I've lost count of how many times I've watched B5.

(G'Kar to Londo)"You picked a terrible moment in your social evolution to develop principles. Perhaps you can start with something simpler, the moral equivalent of the opposable thumb, for instance."
    Testify on that... If Valiant = my favorite comic books, Babylon 5 = my favorite TV show.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

And ya, I wonder why, if this is true, they would pick to not do a share universe. They have some great cross over stories.
    Its not entirely up to them at this point. Bloodshot has already been optioned at Sony, and other's may have been as well. Harbinger's rights reverted back to VALIANT last year. Its not that dissimilar to Marvel where the rights to Iron Man, Cap, etc had reverted to them while X-Men, Spiderman and FF were (and still are) at Sony, among others.

Worst case scenario, seperate movies get made by different studios. Best case scenario, VALIANT makes their own films for the properties they hold the film rights to, and waits for rights to revert back to them on the others before starting a shared universe.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

So, any more Harbinger on the horizon? I stopped reading at about issue #17 and I heard they cancelled the series, but I'm hoping to see something upcoming for the team eventually. I'm thinking about diving back into Valiant and am also wondering about what's on the horizon for the publisher. I'm a little miffed about Shadowman not having his own book anymore and that Harbinger seems to be dormant, and I also think the world could use less and less Q&W, but what's the happening around the "office" so to speak....
    Last edited by Bslythegamerguy; 03-09-2015 at 06:40 AM.

It wasnt cancelled, it reached its planned conclusion. The ongoing ended with #25, followed by a 3-issue epilogue mini Harbinger: Omegas.
    Dysarts continuing threads in the ongoing Imperium series which follows Harada.