Page 14 of 400 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I see that there is a Classic X O Manowar Omnibus out soon. Is this worth getting? Was the older Manowar comics any good?

Quote Originally Posted by ukbondraider View Post
    I see that there is a Classic X O Manowar Omnibus out soon. Is this worth getting? Was the older Manowar comics any good?
    The first 49 issues are worth reading, especially the first 30 issues or so. After the Birthquake with #50-X it looses direction and slowly but surely turns to crap.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

An XO Omnibus has been officially announced? I've not seen that.
    Only the Q&W with language to the notion that others were possible.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So I am thinking about getting the Doctor Mirage comics, cause it sounds interesting and its about time I try something from Valiant, but can anyone tell me if they plan to do anything more with her after her mini series? If something like that is know haha.

I am not sure how Valiant works really, do they do a lot of mini series over and over, or do they do a mini series then a ongoing or?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Incredible Member

As far as I know, Doctor Mirage is a 5-issue miniseries with no announced future plans. That said, there is a good to great chance that we will see more of her in some form.

As to how Valiant works, they release 9 books per month (that will likely increase at some point, but for the foreseeable future, expect 9 books per month. The books that come out virtually every month are X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Bloodshot, Archer and Armstrong, and Unity. The other 4 books are typically going to be some combination of Eternal Warrior, Quantum & Woody, Rai, Shadowman, or whatever event or mini they are coming out with (for instance, right now they are in the Armor Hunters event).

I started reading Valiant about 2 months ago by buying all of the back issues of all of the series. In just two months, I have completely caught up to the current release schedule (while reading a ton of books from Image). Valiant books are sooooo good. I have completely given up on Marvel and only read some Batman stuff and Vertigo stuff from DC. I am looking forward to Dr. Mirage, and think that will be a fine place for you to start. That said, I would also encourage you to start from the beginning by either picking up the back issues or buying the trade paperbacks.

Well I will see what I can do about starting at the beginning but I would rather just read Dr. Mirage if I can. Can't buy too much lol. I am already buying a lot from other companies.

Thanks for the info though! Its helpful!
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Well I will see what I can do about starting at the beginning but I would rather just read Dr. Mirage if I can. Can't buy too much lol. I am already buying a lot from other companies.

Thanks for the info though! Its helpful!
    The current Dr Mirage was introduced on Shadowman, but she didn't do all that much at the time to be honest as she just appeared as a police consultant for like two issues and then just quietly went away.

Im guessing the mini will give readers a clean jumping on point.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    The current Dr Mirage was introduced on Shadowman, but she didn't do all that much at the time to be honest as she just appeared as a police consultant for like two issues and then just quietly went away.

Im guessing the mini will give readers a clean jumping on point.
    What issues? So I can get those too. Thanks!
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    What issues? So I can get those too. Thanks!
    #5 and maybe #6 if memory serves

This preview from back then might help you - http://valiantuniverse.com/2013/03/0...n-shadowman-5/

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    #5 and maybe #6 if memory serves

This preview from back then might help you - http://valiantuniverse.com/2013/03/0...n-shadowman-5/
    Thanks! I am heading to comic-con so if I see those I will pick them up.
    Pulls:

Any comic-con news anybody would like too share?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Any comic-con news anybody would like too share?
    No major announcements as those were all released prior to the con to avoid being lost in the avalanche of news. Plus the panel was hosted by the ValiantFans and not VEI themselves, so they tend to only do a quick recap of what's coming up and then Q & A.

There IS a classic XO omnibus on the way though and is available for preorder on Amzon. Issues #0-30 plus Armorines #0, XO Database and more.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    No major announcements as those were all released prior to the con to avoid being lost in the avalanche of news. Plus the panel was hosted by the ValiantFans and not VEI themselves, so they tend to only do a quick recap of what's coming up and then Q & A.

There IS a classic XO omnibus on the way though and is available for preorder on Amzon. Issues #0-30 plus Armorines #0, XO Database and more.
    Thanks, that XO Omnibus sounds cool, once we get XO#14-15.

Valiant needs to go DRM-free on comixology... I was surprised they weren't on the list of publishers.

So this definitely just happened........

Last week I had just finished reading every first volume of every Valiant comic, and needless to say, they kind of blew me away. I couldn't help but send fanmail. He emailed back asking for my mailing address. I replied:
    "It's awesome to hear back from you, I'm 99% sure Marvel or DC wouldn't have said anything. I'm so excited to get into the universe; those sales really did work on me, Now the only problem is trying to get my friends into these comics..."

And this morning I freakin' got this in the mail!

^Is this one of those gold variants?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers