Page 16 of 400 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I plan to get into Valiant soon, although it may be a while before I can find some good deals for everything. However before I start reading I'd like to ask if anyone can tell me about a couple of groups such as Project Rising Spirt, Harada Corporation/Foundation, and MERO.
    PRS is a private military and weapons research organization and contractor funded largely by the US government. They date back to at least WWII. They are responsible for the creation of Bloodshot, the HARD Corps and the child-soldier group of Psiots known as Generation Zero, among others. Think super-powered Haliburtan.

Harada Global Conglomerates is the combined properties, businesses, etc of Toyo Harada, the world's most powerful Psiot. He has been manipulating governments and economies since WWII in order to build a corporate empire and shape society to his vision for it. Harbinger Foundation is the Psiot recruitment and training division of the HGC, where Harada finds, activates and trains his private Psiot army.

MERO is the US government organization responsible for researching and defending against extraterrestrial threats. Currently, XO Manowar works for MERO in return for the protection of his people.

Thank you very much for all of that, and it all sounds very interesting. Can't wait to read some of it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Thank you very much for all of that, and it all sounds very interesting. Can't wait to read some of it.
    Since you might be hopping onto Valiant, here's a link talking about Valiant doing a $1 sale of all their #1 issues. Scroll towards the bottom
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/va...4/1100-149287/
    $1.00 | T+ | 32 pgs. | ON SALE OCTOBER 8th
    *RETAILER INCENTIVE: FOR EACH ONE DOLLAR DEBUT ORDERED, RECEIVE ONE COPY OF THE ONE DOLLAR DEBUT: VALIANT HANDBOOK 2014 FREE
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Since you might be hopping onto Valiant, here's a link talking about Valiant doing a $1 sale of all their #1 issues. Scroll towards the bottom
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/va...4/1100-149287/
    $1.00 | T+ | 32 pgs. | ON SALE OCTOBER 8th
    *RETAILER INCENTIVE: FOR EACH ONE DOLLAR DEBUT ORDERED, RECEIVE ONE COPY OF THE ONE DOLLAR DEBUT: VALIANT HANDBOOK 2014 FREE
    I've actually gotten all the first issues for most of the series, Comixology was having a thing where all the first issues were free(not sure if that's still going on or not). That's actually what got me to want to read more Valiant.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I've actually gotten all the first issues for most of the series, Comixology was having a thing where all the first issues were free(not sure if that's still going on or not). That's actually what got me to want to read more Valiant.
    That's cool, I hope you enjoy it once you really dive into it.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quick Question, I recently received some itunes gift cards, does anyone know if I can use them on an app like Comixology or some other thing I don't know about to buy some Valiant series on my phone/computer?
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quick Question, I recently received some itunes gift cards, does anyone know if I can use them on an app like Comixology or some other thing I don't know about to buy some Valiant series on my phone/computer?
    I don't think on Comixology, as they have removed the store from their app to prevent Apple from getting a cut. Maybe here, though:

http://pipedreamcomics.co.uk/valiant...plus-app-ipad/

It's new, so I know nothing about it. Worth a look?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    I don't think on Comixology, as they have removed the store from their app to prevent Apple from getting a cut. Maybe here, though:

http://pipedreamcomics.co.uk/valiant...plus-app-ipad/

It's new, so I know nothing about it. Worth a look?
    Thanks I'll have to look into that.
    Words to live by.

Nope, I had a problem when it came to the gift card, however it did have a lot of free issues and I was able to read the first issues of Shadowman: End Times and Harbinger Wars, plus all the main series.
    Words to live by.

Nope, I had a problem when it came to the gift card, however it did have a lot of free issues and I was able to read the first issues of Shadowman: End Times and Harbinger Wars, plus all the main series.
    Wow I didn't know you were already up to Harbinger Wars. Generation Zero is pretty awesome and is getting some more focus now.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Wow I didn't know you were already up to Harbinger Wars. Generation Zero is pretty awesome and is getting some more focus now.
    Actually it's more like I was able to get it for free but yeah I have to admit Generation Zero is pretty awesome, especially Animalia. I really like the fact that she turns into cartoon animals instead of real ones.
    Words to live by.

Actually it's more like I was able to get it for free but yeah I have to admit Generation Zero is pretty awesome, especially Animalia. I really like the fact that she turns into cartoon animals instead of real ones.
    In one of the later issues they really show the kind of potential she has and it's pretty cool/scary. With only 25 issues Harbingers has built quite a world, it'll be interesting to see what you think when you get around to reading it.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

You'll love it. I jumped in about a year after the relaunch started, and was just blown away at all of the world building and the quality level each book had. You won't regret picking these issues up. Best shared universe going right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    You'll love it. I jumped in about a year after the relaunch started, and was just blown away at all of the world building and the quality level each book had. You won't regret picking these issues up. Best shared universe going right now.
    Thanks! I'm probably getting a majority of it around Christmas and my birthday though, but I hope to start picking some of it up soon. I've been a huge marvel fan since I started reading 8/9 years ago, still am by the way, but from what I've read it gives me that same sense of enjoyment and a wide universe/continuity that I'm used to.
    Words to live by.

Thanks! I'm probably getting a majority of it around Christmas and my birthday though, but I hope to start picking some of it up soon. I've been a huge marvel fan since I started reading 8/9 years ago, still am by the way, but from what I've read it gives me that same sense of enjoyment and a wide universe/continuity that I'm used to.
    Right now I'm enjoying the fact that I get to watch as this universe gets built from the ground up. There are posters here that have been around since the beginning of a lot of stuff and it's cool that I got to see the beginning of this new Valiant.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider