Page 174 of 400 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 6000
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I've never gotten into the original Valiant comics. Would anyone mind explaining who or what the Psi-lords are?
    This reminds me that the Valiant characters Wiki pages are in sore need of fleshing out. Here is the Psi-Lords one though for what help it may offer.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Back in 2012 when VEI hit stands I had a really fun time grabbing all the #1s and reading them several times over as I waited in anticipation for the next issue, it reminded me a lot of how I felt back when I was buying Crossgen titles back between 2000-2004. It was truly a special time for me and it's the last time I can honestly say I've enjoyed buying monthly comics. Now that I've moved onto TPB and collected editions I can say that I'm once again having that fun feeling while I hunt down these trades. Valiant has truly lured me in with its fun stories and interesting characters and I'm hoping to see the line grow and find some stability sooner than later, but it's just fun to be along for the ride.

Hopefully they can grow some market share as time rolls on, there was a period in time where I really felt like they'd eventually overtake Image for the #3 position due to the hot start the company had.
    Http://theretroghost.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @GhostlyRetro - Posting anything & everything retro! Comics, toys, videogames, pics, thoughts, ramblings, ect....

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Part of the future detailed in Rai #0 detailed the Harbinger War between Harada's forces and the renegade Harbingers/humanity. The H.A.R.D. Corps were also fighting against Harada, though you get the sense they weren't working with the Renegade faction. As the war got progressively worse, the remaining H.A.R.D. Corps forces fled Earth in starships, refusing to respond to any transmissions. The irony is that the Renegades defeated Harada shortly after.

Flash forward to 4002. At the end of the Malev War, the descendants of the H.A.R.D. Corps returned to Earth. After several generations, they had evolved into a new species that called themselves Starwatchers, but humanity quickly adopted the nickname Psi-Lords. Basically, they were grouped into three classifications (think Tank, Stealth, and Transport iirc) and each classification could only access powers associated with that type. They had also adopted a color scheme that was very friendly to the use of 3D glasses, a gimmick Valiant tried introducing at the time.
    Sounds like a lot happened in that issue.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This reminds me that the Valiant characters Wiki pages are in sore need of fleshing out. Here is the Psi-Lords one though for what help it may offer.
    Nice, I appreciate this.
    And yeah, I went over to check the Valiant wikia database and it was pretty bare bones. It's nothing like Marvel wikia that has almost everything.
    Kinda makes me want to fill in all the empty spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyRetro View Post
    Back in 2012 when VEI hit stands I had a really fun time grabbing all the #1s and reading them several times over as I waited in anticipation for the next issue, it reminded me a lot of how I felt back when I was buying Crossgen titles back between 2000-2004. It was truly a special time for me and it's the last time I can honestly say I've enjoyed buying monthly comics. Now that I've moved onto TPB and collected editions I can say that I'm once again having that fun feeling while I hunt down these trades. Valiant has truly lured me in with its fun stories and interesting characters and I'm hoping to see the line grow and find some stability sooner than later, but it's just fun to be along for the ride.

Hopefully they can grow some market share as time rolls on, there was a period in time where I really felt like they'd eventually overtake Image for the #3 position due to the hot start the company had.
    Ahh Crossgen. Some good memories there especially when they introduced me to Jim Cheung.
    I was living in Tampa at the time so it felt like a big deal.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

That would be useful, harashkupo. When I saw how empty the wikis were, I started using this site as the resource. The posters here have all been really helpful!
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Im a few weeks behind on my reading and have just started on Book of Death stuff.
    Its pretty cool so far. Im loving all the eater eggs and hints to potential future stories. Outcast, Psi-Lords, The X-O Army, War of the Brothers etc. Im guessing not all will actually come to pass but its fun to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    That would be useful, harashkupo. When I saw how empty the wikis were, I started using this site as the resource. The posters here have all been really helpful!
    Yeah I think I'll take a really good look at the marvel one to get a feel and then start with Harbinger. I've re-read all of the new Valiant but not as much as Harbinger, seeing as how that's my favorite. I might try writing a review for Toyo or Peter and post it here since most of the people here know their stuff. If that works out then maybe just move on to another character.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I don't even want to open my Book of Death , the cover just feels to , don't know why just feel like it'll be worth more if I keep it sleeved and get a digital copy.

New issues! Bloodshot Reborn #5, Unity #21 and X-O Manowar #39!

Really enjoyed them. Will have a proper 'review' for each across the next few days.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    I don't even want to open my Book of Death , the cover just feels to , don't know why just feel like it'll be worth more if I keep it sleeved and get a digital copy.
    Just open it. Comics don't hold much value these days, especially new ones, so you should be fine.
    Http://theretroghost.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @GhostlyRetro - Posting anything & everything retro! Comics, toys, videogames, pics, thoughts, ramblings, ect....

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyRetro View Post
    Just open it. Comics don't hold much value these days, especially new ones, so you should be fine.
    OK fine I'll open it!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    New issues! Bloodshot Reborn #5, Unity #21 and X-O Manowar #39!

Really enjoyed them. Will have a proper 'review' for each across the next few days.
    +1, X-O was awesome. I'm really looking forward to how this storyline plays out.

The art was beautiful.

HAR_024_COVER_LAROSA.jpg

I Finished the first Harbinger run last night. And I have to admit its been a while that a storyline has mad me swell up with the sads and formed a big frowny face. I lost count of the many Holy S#!t moments. The events in the last 20 issues were super sad , and in a way a perfect example of doing a death right. Which somedays ago was a post of which comic death hit you most. In the responses was many heroes names that have long returned in many forms and ways.

Other Holy S#!t moments include H.A.R.D Corps vs Generation Zero . Really trying to avoid spoilers , real hard , I'm just sticking with numbers and moments, and that shouldn't be to much of spoilers. Another Holy S#!t moment is was what the Kris / Torque meets skateboard . But the Big time shocker was what happened later the death. And I think with a movie in the makes. I hope its done in the same dramatic fashion and it may take the movie to get more people to see this storyline , and to see how good Joshua Dysart really hit it out of the park with heroic characters , chemistry and dramatics

I think what made Harbinger so good is how relatable the people were. I think there is a Peter in some , a Kris in some, and for me I can point to Torque and say thats who I'm like. I related to Torque. The writing wasn't just good guys are good , bad guys are bad. For example Torque was flawed. When he was playin the metal and there was that awkward moment when he was caught in the moment and amped up from the music, that he grabs the Generation Zero girl, the Telic , who looked underage, and Torques all " Let do it!"

Harbinger doesn't need to come back right away, as much as I enjoyed it. Like some said I'd be all for Harbinger to be brought back little by little, and a Generation Zero ongoing would be interesting enough, rather then a full on return with the Renegades.

Incredible Member

Thanks for the post, Astrowolfboy! Great to hear your thoughts, and glad you enjoyed what was truly an epic run of comic brilliance!

So, if you want to continue the goodness, there are a couple of paths. The main one is to next read Harbinger: Omegas and then move on to Imperium. But there is also a branch where you can read the Armor Hunters: Harbinger miniseries (it basically occurs during the first issue of Omegas, can be read independently from the Armor Hunters series) and then Faith #0 after that.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    +1, X-O was awesome. I'm really looking forward to how this storyline plays out.

The art was beautiful.
    I get the feeling that we're going to get a XO/Imperium crossover involving the Vine since both books would be dealing with them in the upcoming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post

The art was beautiful.
    Rafa Sandoval is great. He's like a mix between Coipel's aesthetic and Bagley's consistency and speed.
    My fan fiction: