Page 274 of 400 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 6000
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    EW was pretty great. There were a couple of spots of dialog that were too explain-y, but lots of gorgeous action similar to the second half of last issue. Really enjoy seeing Gilad rise to this task.

Bloodshot was solid, as expected. Excited to hear the chatter about that last page.
    Sums up my feelings. Good issues of EW. Bloodshot was good to, but imo to a lesser intent. It did feel like a retread of the last issue for the most part, which really is honestly not even a pacing problem, but a problem with the core concept with this particular story. Ending genuinely surprised me. That's dirty. Rising Spirit is known for dirty things, but that felt particularly dirty. I know Kozol would just be replaced by someone else, but at some point I kind of want GoT style vengeance upon him for this one.

Incredible Member

Agree with general consensus, another strong week of books from Valiant. I paused at the pages of Bloodshot waking up in the bunker and just marveled at the art. That style is definitely my jam. Unfortunately, I'd been involved in enough speculation over on ValiantFans.com about Deathmate's identity, so it was already a possibility in my mind and less a surprise. Ah well, thanks interwebz.

Loved Ninjak's ending, and that was not the way I saw this arc wrapping up. I feel it cements Roku into the greater Valiant Universe, and I hope there is more in the works for her.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Fantastic Member

Generally, Bloodshot Reborn is one of my favorite books every month and I liked this issue even more than usual! The revelation at the end was a big surpise to me! I was sure she was going to be the other lady he likes!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I would say it was a very strong week as well. The art on this week's Bloodshot was just my cuppa. I literally had to stop on every page and just marvel at it for while before actually reading the pages, which is not a bad thing at all in my book. I'm also looking forward to seeing what they have in store for Roku after that ending in Ninjak. That really didn't go the way I expected it too. Looking forward to next week.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I loved Bloodshot Reborn as well this week. The art for that book is just fantastic and I consider Lemire to be at his best with this character. Probably Valiant's best book right now. Wrath of EW has gone in directions different from what I typically read. It's strong but next issue will make or break for me.

Ninjak was a lot of fun. Roku should have given him a wedding ring and played like she was being introduced to the family in the basement for a bit after the bloody kiss just to mess with him. There's just something cool in psychotic, redheaded, Russian girlfriends.
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 07-18-2016 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Just you never mind :)
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Continuing my Valiant trade reading .....

UNITY Vol 1-2: Holy cow! Volume one was so good! Like one of the best times I've had reading a comic lately good! Volume two was fun but felt like just another comic story. But the included issue #5 of X-O with Ninjak sold me on that series. I need to read X-O next.

I also picked up and started reading ARMOR HUNTERS and UNITY Vol 3, that ties in. That Doug Braithwaite, man. Wow is he good.

Ok, first of all, I'm not sure how I feel about this whole Faith/Clinton team-up... I'm gonna read it, but it's hard to be excited about anything related to our presidential nominees. Eh, whatever, it's kinda neat, has 48 pages, and features a preview for Renegades.

Secondly, I wish Valiant would release their October solicits already! Usually, everyone waits until Tues-Wed, but DC, Boom, Image, and Dark Horse have all released there's already.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post

UNITY Vol 1-2: Holy cow! Volume one was so good! Like one of the best times I've had reading a comic lately good! Volume two was fun but felt like just another comic story. But the included issue #5 of X-O with Ninjak sold me on that series. I need to read X-O next.

I also picked up and started reading ARMOR HUNTERS and UNITY Vol 3, that ties in. That Doug Braithwaite, man. Wow is he good.
    Haha, I've gotten a little annoyed in the past when Valiant puts those "extra issues" in the back of their trades to round them out, but I guess they've achieved their goal.
    And yea, I 100% agree on your thoughts on Unity. Vol. 2 is just another superhero story, and Vol. 1 is like cosmically-enhanced good. Usually I like to take a few minute breaks inbetween issues, but when I first read To Kill a King (and the X-O tie-ins), I just could not put it down. And then, about an hour after I was done with the crossover, I went back and read the Vol. 1 by itself. God, you're making me want to read it again.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

This looks like a good point to take a break from Valiant.

I'll probably come back after the new initiative has been underway or maybe a Dysart series has started.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    This looks like a good point to take a break from Valiant.

I'll probably come back after the new initiative has been underway or maybe a Dysart series has started.
    'Kupo, say it ain't so!! Sorry to see you go on a break, hope you will be returning sooner rather than later!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Secondly, I wish Valiant would release their October solicits already! Usually, everyone waits until Tues-Wed, but DC, Boom, Image, and Dark Horse have all released there's already.
    It's a safe bet they will be out tomorrow. I didn't realize till someone pointed out to me last month - Valiant typically releases their solicits on the second to last Tuesday of the month.

Ok, first of all, I'm not sure how I feel about this whole Faith/Clinton team-up... I'm gonna read it, but it's hard to be excited about anything related to our presidential nominees. Eh, whatever, it's kinda neat, has 48 pages, and features a preview for Renegades. Secondly, I wish Valiant would release their October solicits already! Usually, everyone waits until Tues-Wed, but DC, Boom, Image, and Dark Horse have all released there's already.
    This is a very contentious election with a pair of candidates only loved by extremists on either side be they labeled SJWs or KKK members. Same coin worth of people. Even though I wish they would leave it out, I do get political issues of the day will see a comic book issue once in a while. I am going to skip that issue though. It's just not what I personally want out of my typical monthly read.

As to the solicits, am I wrong to be hoping they are keeping a lid on it for something special to be announced?

Haha, I've gotten a little annoyed in the past when Valiant puts those "extra issues" in the back of their trades to round them out, but I guess they've achieved their goal.
    And yea, I 100% agree on your thoughts on Unity. Vol. 2 is just another superhero story, and Vol. 1 is like cosmically-enhanced good. Usually I like to take a few minute breaks inbetween issues, but when I first read To Kill a King (and the X-O tie-ins), I just could not put it down. And then, about an hour after I was done with the crossover, I went back and read the Vol. 1 by itself. God, you're making me want to read it again.
    Yes. Volume one was an exceptional read. While volume two was your typical comic read, it was still a well done typical comic read and I don't always get that from the big two anymore so I was happy. I'd take it over an issue of the Ultimates any day based on simple quality of storytelling.

This looks like a good point to take a break from Valiant. I'll probably come back after the new initiative has been underway or maybe a Dysart series has started.
    I get this and had thought about it myself. Thing is I still find Bloodshot Reborn in particular and Ninjak entertaining enough to keep me reading VEI titles. But my happiness with comics is at a low point. I am stuck reading fringe books from Marvel and waiting on a couple of fringe books from DC. My comic universe is missing something right now like Imperium and well written self contained superhero stories. Valiant needs to get more titles in print as they have shrunk on the rack and the big two need to find some focus outside of massive, silly bad written, events (though Rebirth kicked off with a good kind of bang.)

Hang in there guy. Something will come along.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    'Kupo, say it ain't so!! Sorry to see you go on a break, hope you will be returning sooner rather than later!
    Thanks, who knows maybe SDCC will throw a surprise to reel me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    I get this and had thought about it myself. Thing is I still find Bloodshot Reborn in particular and Ninjak entertaining enough to keep me reading VEI titles. But my happiness with comics is at a low point. I am stuck reading fringe books from Marvel and waiting on a couple of fringe books from DC. My comic universe is missing something right now like Imperium and well written self contained superhero stories. Valiant needs to get more titles in print as they have shrunk on the rack and the big two need to find some focus outside of massive, silly bad written, events (though Rebirth kicked off with a good kind of bang.)

Hang in there guy. Something will come along.
    Low point sums it up nicely. I've never been that big on DC so even though some of the Rebirth stuff is nice, it doesn't really grab me. Marvel's the biggest problem and truthfully my frustration with them is bleeding over into the rest of my comic reading. Which isn't fair to judge other books like that but it is what it is. I think taking a break from everything will be good and then after while I could come back fresh. It would be nice not to view everything with a cynical eye.

On the bright side, more money for my unhealthy habits
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post

Very much yes. Unity was my first time seeing his work and I've been a fan since. He's now one of those artists for me, any time his name pops up it's now an instant buy.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Thanks, who knows maybe SDCC will throw a surprise to reel me in.

Low point sums it up nicely. I've never been that big on DC so even though some of the Rebirth stuff is nice, it doesn't really grab me. Marvel's the biggest problem and truthfully my frustration with them is bleeding over into the rest of my comic reading. Which isn't fair to judge other books like that but it is what it is. I think taking a break from everything will be good and then after while I could come back fresh. It would be nice not to view everything with a cynical eye.

On the bright side, more money for my unhealthy habits
    I gotta say, it's a little surprising that you're just up and leaving. Are you not enjoying Bloodshot, Ninjak, Wrath, X-O, or Divinity? And aren't you excited to see the Renegades and Gen. Zero return?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

I have no idea why I get so anxious and excited for solicits, but here's my thoughts on October's releases.

1. Ok, I'm starting to think that Valiant has got to sell more than 8 comics a month. They should aim for 10, at the very least, but maybe even 12 or 13. That way we could keep the mainstays like X-O and Harbinger, and still have a rotating door for weird and experimental concepts. Then again, I'm pretty pumped that I won't be spending $40 on Valiant in October.

2. I'm gonna have to find the Braithwaite cover for Bloodshot USA. It's so awesome.

3. So I guess Reborn is still gonna come out during USA? I could've sworn everyone was saying that Reborn would go on hiatus for 4 months. I see that it says it's an Island epilogue, which makes me think it'll also act as a prelude to USA.

For sure buying:
    Bloodshot USA 1
    Bloodshot Reborn 18
    Ninjak 20
    Wrath of the Eternal Warrior 12

Not 100%, but probably:
    Brittania 2
    Faith 4
    Gen. Zero 3

Probably not:
    A&A 8