Page 276 of 400 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Based Stickler View Post
    Discovering there's only 1 Valiant thread on here is disappointing enough, coming in here and THIS is the conversation...Christ.
    Well jeez... Sorry, I guess? I wish there was more than one thread too, but unfortunately Valiant just doesn't have that big of a fanbase.

And on the contrary, I think the conversation we're having about Faith #5 is fairly enlightening and interesting.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Discovering there's only 1 Valiant thread on here is disappointing enough, coming in here and THIS is the conversation...Christ.
    We're a pretty tight group in here and know how to have moderately intelligent conversations about real life **** from time to time.

Start your own damn thread if you're not satisfied.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The most active of all threads in the Independent Forums with 276 pages. I'm disappointed you only just joined and your initial comments are so narrow in scope to the latest news being discussed. Feel free to steer discussion onto another VALIANT topic or, since you're new, page through the threads prior discussions.
    Did you go into the Marvel forum and feel frustrated about discussion of Banners death? The DC forums and find people are taking issue with the Superman direction?
    You have to expect that the discussion is going to be about the latest news....Hillary Clinton in Faith #5 is just that. However, that to shall pass and until the issue comes out it's probably on hiatus now that it's been discussed.

Welcome to the boards.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yeah, being a small and dedicated group I guess we have grown tight knit over time and prone to stick together agree or disagree with each other. Over time, I would say it has been one of the most fun threads on site just because of the people involved and how much we love a good issue from Valiant.

I was just sitting here thinking about all the unwelcoming, irrational, disagreeable, junk you will find in many threads, political news, objections over boobs in art, attacking anyone not liberal enough, and onward that If I let myself get mad over it, I would have been banned two years ago. Some where, I just learned to let be and let the good fill my sails to keep me at sea.

I got a while to wait before the next issues I am interested in hit the rack...
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Incredible Member

Great day of comics! A&A #5 was extremely well done, a very sweet and funny tale about three years in the making! And Faith #1 follower up on it really well, while introducing an interesting twist on a story element being built from the mini.

And Rai... picks up directly from the last issue, and confirms the identities of the woman and child seen in a previous issue. More seeds being planted for fleshing out the future universe!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Great day of comics! A&A #5 was extremely well done, a very sweet and funny tale about three years in the making! And Faith #1 follower up on it really well, while introducing an interesting twist on a story element being built from the mini.

And Rai... picks up directly from the last issue, and confirms the identities of the woman and child seen in a previous issue. More seeds being planted for fleshing out the future universe!
    What would you say is the reading order on A&A and Faith? I haven't had a chance yet to read any of the books I got today though I am really looking forward to reading all three books later this evening.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    You have always been way too nice Harashkupo. Even to those undeserving. That's why a lot of folks will miss you if you tune out comics for a while.
    Hey thanks man.

Tune out of comics not the board. The gimmick monster is the one that's messing with my head, all of you guys are awesome.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Everything was great this week... again. Faith and A&A really surprised and impressed me. Neither of them should appeal to me, and yet they just get me to care. Both were the best issues so far of their respective series.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    What would you say is the reading order on A&A and Faith? I haven't had a chance yet to read any of the books I got today though I am really looking forward to reading all three books later this evening.
    It really doesn't matter but A&A 5 takes place before Faith 1.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 07-20-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Mighty Member

I think this is the best issue of A&A thus far. I found the last arc to be wishy washy, and the comedy didn't always hit, but I think this proves that we can look forward to some strong character work.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I got Faith and liked it pretty well. I felt when reading it that it alludes to things that the writer may expect me to already know and I thought that was a little cheap for an initial issue. I liked the characters and the world that it was starting.

Reading that Archer and Armstrong was good means I will have to pick that up. I really loved the previous run on A an A but was told this one had a different whole feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I got Faith and liked it pretty well. I felt when reading it that it alludes to things that the writer may expect me to already know and I thought that was a little cheap for an initial issue. I liked the characters and the world that it was starting.

Reading that Archer and Armstrong was good means I will have to pick that up. I really loved the previous run on A an A but was told this one had a different whole feel to it.
    I haven't been reading the new team's stuff but the previous was this great blend of humor and adventure tossed in with a bit of scifi elements. The writer did such a good job of keeping the characters funny without stealing away the serious moments. One of best books Valiant put out. Granted there's no Faith in this one but still a lot of heart.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Ok, so this week I've read Rai #15 and Faith #1. I don't have too much to say about Rai except the art was phenomenal.

With Faith, I'm gonna vent just a little.
    1) I'm sick to death of the whole Faith/Zephyr/Summer thing. It's confusing for a character to have 3 names. Even in the book, some of her work friends alternately call her Faith or Summer. It makes no sense and I think even the people who write her character are confused by it. If "Summer" is her invented alias, then why can't her superhero name be "Faith," since even her fans seem to call her that, i.e. actorman at the end of the issue. I also just don't like how "Zephyr" sounds, so maybe it's personal, but the thing about 3 names stands. I can't think of any other superhero that does that, and it's dumb.

2) A bit more substantive point here: I didn't entirely like the writing in this issue. Generally speaking the writing was good, and I appreciate how the supporting cast is being given more to do. BUT, the plot felt repetitive to that of the miniseries: she meets a celebrity, goes all naive fangirl, celebrity isn't what they seem, trap is sprung. Archer, of course, points this out early on, but then why is Faith subsequently written to be super naive and fangirl out AGAIN anyway, even when she's walking into a fairly obvious set-up that is basically identical to the set-up she just experienced? I lost a little respect for the character, in-universe, like she isn't learning from her experiences, which is pretty lame.

So...what's the word from SDCC? I haven't seen anything.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    So...what's the word from SDCC? I haven't seen anything.
    Dude me neither. It's been really sad getting a lot of info on Whedon's projects (which have largely fell to the back of my mind), and getting absolutely nothing from Valiant. I was hoping for one or two fairly big announcements. Like Dysart's next project, the future of 4001/Rai, or maybe the next arc for Faith to wash out the bad taste of the #5 announcement,

I am thinking about getting into Valiant comics and was wondering how "new reader friendly" they are. Will I need to do a lot of back issue reading or will I be okay just jumping in? Thanks in advance for any info and/or suggestions.