Page 278 of 400 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 5990
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I mainly read Marvel due to having Marvel Unlimited since it's such a great deal for the amount of books available and the heroes that I like most are Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Hope Summers, X-23, Spider-Girl, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Runaways and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Honestly I am not sure what would really interest me other than Faith, that's the only one I know I want to try. Other than that I am open to try most of them. My main concern is getting into a book/books and not understanding whats happening.

Thanks again for the info and anymore advice is welcome and appreciated.
    Sounds to me like Harbinger would be right up your alley. It basically focuses on a team of teenagers, introduces Faith early and builds her character throughout, and gives pretty good context for the rest of the universe as a whole.

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Yea, it really sucks when life comes barging in and you have to let go of time/money for comics. I'm so ridiculously lucky and thankful to have a significant other that not only supports, but actively pushes me to be more into comics and other geeky stuff, but it wasn't always like this, so trust me, I know what you're going through. I hope everything works out for the best.
    Thanks Ferg, I really appreciate that.

Incredible Member

I mainly read Marvel due to having Marvel Unlimited since it's such a great deal for the amount of books available and the heroes that I like most are Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Hope Summers, X-23, Spider-Girl, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Runaways and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Honestly I am not sure what would really interest me other than Faith, that's the only one I know I want to try. Other than that I am open to try most of them. My main concern is getting into a book/books and not understanding whats happening.

Thanks again for the info and anymore advice is welcome and appreciated.
    You've been getting some great advice from the crew round here, so not a ton I can add. Forgive me if this seems repetitive, but my thoughts are:

1) If Faith interests you, then her prior mini-series is a good start, though you definitely won't go wrong starting off even further back with Harbinger and her earliest appearances from 2012. It is an excellent series and a foundation of the Valiant Universe, though you have to stomach the loathsome actions of main protagonist Peter Stanchek during the first couple of issues. An impromptu reading order can be whipped up if you'd like to explore that route.
    2) The Valiant is a great miniseries designed for new readers. While it centers around the Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot, and the Geomancer, it does give brief glimpses into the overall Universe. The great thing is that it's not a throw away series... many plot seeds are sown that are still being worked out today.
    3) Other easy entry series - The Dr. Mirage minis (paranormal investigator/occultist with an uber complicated marriage), The Divinity minis (God is a Soviet Era Cosmonaut) the Ivar, Timewalker maxi-series (think Doctor Who in the Valiant U.)

Hope that helps... there is lots of great stuff to discover in Valiant Comics, and plenty of people here looking to share the goodness. Ask away with any questions you may have!!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Mighty Member

4001 #3 felt so anti-climatic. Love the guest spot, but the confrontation at the end was weak. I'm guessing/ kind of hoping that New Japan crashes into the ocean and becomes an artificial island, just so that it can actually interact with all the things they've introduced during this event.

First off, thank you all for the advice, you helped me make my decision to buy a complete set of Valiant up until May of this year. I am super excited to get started reading as soon as I can!

Secondly, another question, I hope you all don't mind. Is a general reading order I should adhere to? I have googled reading orders but they are so different that I don't really know if any are a good reading list or not.

Thanks again for all the help, it really is greatly appreciated.

First off, thank you all for the advice, you helped me make my decision to buy a complete set of Valiant up until May of this year. I am super excited to get started reading as soon as I can!

Secondly, another question, I hope you all don't mind. Is a general reading order I should adhere to? I have googled reading orders but they are so different that I don't really know if any are a good reading list or not.

I have one in my signature but easy breakdown for the series that transition or change direction.

Harbinger->Harbinger:Omegas Mini->Imperium
    Archer & Armstrong->Ivar Timewalker->A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong
    Bloodshot->Bloodshot & HARD CORPS->Bloodshot Reborn
    Eternal Warrior->Wrath of the Eternal Warrior

And this list is pretty close when it comes to in universe

https://www.reddit.com/r/valiant/wiki/readingorder

If you get lost or need more clarification go ahead and ask away. I'm sure these guys can break it down better. And please come back and tell us how you're enjoying the books.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just read A&A #5 featuring Obie & Faith's first date and I loved it!
    The exchange with the cinema clerk and the spy had me rolling "What? Is Andre the Giant's ghost going to do a Q&A after?"
    My wife insisted I show her the panels that had me chuckling out loud for a good 20-30 seconds.

Faith #1 was alright, not as blown away. I agree with another, they need to nail this Faith/Summer/Zepher thing down. Is she Luke Cage or Power Man, pick one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    4001 #3 felt so anti-climatic. Love the guest spot, but the confrontation at the end was weak. I'm guessing/ kind of hoping that New Japan crashes into the ocean and becomes an artificial island, just so that it can actually interact with all the things they've introduced during this event.
    Yea, I kind of felt that way too. #4 is gonna have to blow me away in order for this event to mean anything. So far, I've adored the Rai back-ups, and really enjoyed 2 out of 3 of the one-shots, but the main series seems a little meddling. Eh, maybe it'll read better all in one go. I get the feeling they weren't going for anything but bombastic and epic, and to be honest, it's pretty much succeeding in that regard, even if it has felt a little slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just read A&A #5 featuring Obie & Faith's first date and I loved it!
    The exchange with the cinema clerk and the spy had me rolling "What? Is Andre the Giant's ghost going to do a Q&A after?"
    My wife insisted I show her the panels that had me chuckling out loud for a good 20-30 seconds.
    Yea, A&A totally blew me away too. I probably smiled and chuckled more during that comic than any other comic I've ever read. Looks like I might not be dropping it after all.

Faith #1 was alright, not as blown away. I agree with another, they need to nail this Faith/Summer/Zepher thing down. Is she Luke Cage or Power Man, pick one.
    Heh. I luld.

Wow, ok, I didn't expect you to go all in without trying out anything specific. I hope you enjoy everything!

I won't go into detail about the entire reading order (because the universe has grown quite a bit larger than when I originally jumped on), but for starters I would say that you should alternate trades for the first 4 books. So...
    1. X-O Manowar Vol. 1- By The Sword
    2. Harbinger Vol. 1- Omega Rising
    3. Bloodshot Vol. 1- Setting the World on Fire
    4. Archer & Armstrong Vol. 1- The Michelangelo Code
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    5. X-O Manowar Vol. 2- Enter Ninjak
    6. Harbinger Vol. 2- Renegades
    7. Bloodshot Vol. 2- The Rise and Fall
    8. Archer & Armstrong Vol. 2- Wrath of the Eternal Warrior
    9. Shadowman Vol. 1- Birth Rites
    10. X-O Manowar Vol. 3- Planet Death
    11. Harbinger Wars (Event)
    -12. Harbinger Vol. 3
    -13. Bloodshot Vol. 3
    14. Archer & Armstrong Vol. 3- Far Faraway
    15. Shadowman Vol. 2- Darque Reckoning
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 07-29-2016 at 10:19 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

I found a reading list I had put together for another new reader. Definitely a work in progress (please forgive the missing titles) but it should get you started. I just added a new twist on the first few volumes of X-O Manowar that I'd be interested in feedback on:

Bold = Events, Italics = story arc

X-O Manowar vol. 1 "By the Sword", vol. 2 "Enter: Ninjak" and vol. 3 "Planet Death"
    Harbinger "The Omega Age" vol 1 and Bloodshot "Setting the World on Fire" vol 1
    Archer & Armstrong "The Machiavelli Code" vol. 1 and "Wrath of the Eternal Warrior" vol. 2
    Harbinger "Renegades" vol. 2 and Bloodshot "The Rise and The Fall" vol 2

Harbinger Wars w/ Bloodshot vol 3 and Harbinger vol 3 as tie-ins. Archer & Armstrong vol 3 "Far, Faraway" fits in nicely during Harbinger Wars, but not really a tie in.
    Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps "H.A.R.D. Corps" vol. 4
    X-O Manowar "Homecoming" vol. 4
    Harbinger "Perfect Day" vol. 4
    Unity "To Kill the King" vol. 1, crosses over w/ X-O "At War with Unity" vol. 5
    Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps "Get Some" 1/2 of vol. 5
    Harbinger "Resistence/Death of a Renegade" vol. 5
    Unity "Trapped By WEBNET" vol. 2
    X-O Manowar "Prelude to Armor Hunters" vol. 6
    Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps "Mission Improbable" cross over with Archer & Armstrong - A&A vol. 5
    Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps "vs. H.A.R.D. Corps" other half of vol. 5

Armor Hunters w/ Unity vol. 3 and Armor Hunters: Bloodshot as tie in
    Unity "The United" vol. 4
    Personally, I think Divinity vol. 1 fits in well here, as do all three volumes of Ivar, Timewalker

The Valiant - underlined to suggest a mini-event just because it's a big turning point for the Valiant U.
    Bloodshot Reborn - ongoing... Bloodshot is pretty much off the grid with the rest of the Valiant U at this point, though the Fall of Bloodshot tie in w/ Book of Death reads better after the Colorado vol. 1 story arc
    Unity "Homefront" vol. 5
    Unity "Warmonger vol. 6
    Unity "Revenge of the Armor Hunters" vol. 7

Book of Death and the Fall of... one shots
    Unity issue #25
    Wrath of the Eternal Warrior "Risen" vol. 1
    Ninjak vol. 1 and vol. 2

4001 AD and if you want to read that one, the three vol. of Rai collected in the Rai Deluxe are suggested pre-reading and can be read at any time.

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Incredible Member

Here are some thoughts and questions on last week's comics, if anyone cares to comment:

- XO is an arc that I'm enjoying, even having not read any of the series up to this point. This issues felt a bit like spinning wheels, but the wordless flashback sequence with de la Torre art was really cool.

- 4001 was the best issue of the story so far, in my opinion. Some say it felt a bit anti-climactic, but I haven't been reading Rai before this arc, so I was satisfied with a quick conclusion to the fight (also, the preview image for next week makes it seem like it's not quite over?). The prison break-out featured some really cool character designs. Are those characters from previous arcs in Rai? I may want to go back and read the first 12 issues of that series to find out more about some of them, as well as Lula and Lemur

- Divinity II was the one that felt a bit anti-climactic to me. I like resolving the conflict in a fairly non-violent way, but Myshka becoming a farmer and Kazmir returning came kind of suddenly for me. Some of the plot went over my head, too: did Abram alter her memories, changing that street vendor's reaction to her to one of kindness? Generally, I really enjoyed this issue anyway for the art, and for what it added to the characterization of Abram from the first series.

Incredible Member

I need to go back and read Divinity II start to finish... afraid this issue went over my head in its resolution.

4001 AD #3... yeah, I have a hard time believing Father was taken down that easily and think there is more to come there. I did geek out hard at the revelation of who was stuck in Father's secret prison, and really look forward to further exploration of that. Book of War... stay tuned! This future Valiant Universe is getting nicely fleshed out!

Haven't had a chance to read X-O yet. Hopefully tonight!

Incredible Member

Don't think anyone has posted it, but today is the last day of a massive sale over at Comixology. All the collected volumes are on sale for 50% off. Great opportunity to get that certain something you've been on the shelf about!

https://www.comixology.com/Valiant-C...bGxDYXJvdXNlbA

I bought the Armor Hunters: Harbinger volume, Volume 1 of Imperium and Volume of timewalker.

the first was because I'm interested in the generation zero characters and the other two were a whim. I heard good things about Imperium and I dug the issues of A and A i did read so Timewalker felt like a nice fit.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I bought the Armor Hunters: Harbinger volume, Volume 1 of Imperium and Volume of timewalker.

the first was because I'm interested in the generation zero characters and the other two were a whim. I heard good things about Imperium and I dug the issues of A and A i did read so Timewalker felt like a nice fit.
    Good choices all around. Imperium is the standout of those imo. What did you think?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Do yourself a favor and get those other two volumes of Timewalker. Worth it!!