Page 311 of 400 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 6000
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Thanks. I got an Amazon gift card from santa so after Armor Hunters I might give it a whirl.
    Good deal! And just to be clear, you know Armor Hunters was an event occurring part way through the prior X-O Manowar series, yes?
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

March solicitations tomorrow!! Here's what it's gonna be:

X-O Manowar 1- Kindt/Giorello
    Bloodshot Reborn 0- Lemire/Renato Guedes (YES!!)
    Divinity III 4
    Divinity III- Red Legend one-shot (I think)
    Ninjak 25- Celebration issue?
    Harbinger: Renegade 5- Opening arc finale!
    Faith 9
    Gen Zero 8

This month is gonna be insane! And it's going to lead into a hopefully even more insane 2017. I guarantee there will be a huge announcement (à la Valiant Next and Future of Valiant) when April's solicitations arrive next month.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 12-20-2016 at 05:00 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Has there been any teasers of Dysart working on some secret project?
    I miss having his work at Valiant...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Yea me too. On the Valiant Central Podcast, Dinesh said that he's for sure working on something in the future. He also said that Dysart's script is the best script for a #1 issue he's ever read. Hyperbole? Knowing Dysart, I doubt it.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    March solicitations tomorrow!! Here's what it's gonna be:

X-O Manowar 1- Kindt/Giorello
    Bloodshot Reborn 0- Lemire/Renato Guedes (YES!!)
    Divinity III 4
    Divinity III- Red Legend one-shot (I think)
    Ninjak 25- Celebration issue?
    Faith 9
    Gen Zero 8

This month is gonna be insane! And it's going to lead into a hopefully even more insane 2017. I guarantee there will be a huge announcement (à la Valiant Next and Future of Valiant) when April's solicitations arrive next month.
    And let's not forget Harbinger #5, which will probably kick off the second arc. Dinesh has hinted things start to go really, really bad at that point.
    In a recent Valiant Central podcast, Dinesh made it sound (I think) that they have received scripts from Dysart for this mysterious work he is doing for them. The question is if/when this project will get published.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    And let's not forget Harbinger #5, which will probably kick off the second arc. Dinesh has hinted things start to go really, really bad at that point.
    Damn it! I knew I forgot something! And yea, I'm pumped for #5. Well.. at least I hope I will be after tomorrow's issue. Regardless, the finale to the first arc of Renegade makes March even better than before.

Iiiiinteresting. Wonder if its a Harbinger/Harada-related project or something different entirely.

Iiiiinteresting. Wonder if its a Harbinger/Harada-related project or something different entirely.
    I'm still a tiny bit salty that he's not working on this iteration of Harbinger, but now that I've seen that Renegade #1 is, at the very least, competent, I can say that I couldn't care less what he works on, I just want him back! The Valiant U feels off without Venditti and Dysart.

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

I really hope Dysart is working on something Harada/Imperium related. I need to know what those characters have been up to.

This weekend I read ARMOR HUNTERS: BLOODSHOT. Fun little action mini series. The trade also included Bloodshot #0 which was pretty cool too.

Also finally read X-O MANOWAR: LONG LIVE THE KING tpb. I'm not sure why I wasn't hyped to read this but once I did I can say it really won me over. Great stuff and I can't wait to see the new X-O series. Really loved the backup feature by Fred Van Lente and the Ninjak backup by Pulido.

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Wow surprised to see ARCHER & ARMSTRONG as the 4th STALINVERSE one-shot!

http://www.newsarama.com/32446-valia...citations.html

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post
    Wow surprised to see ARCHER & ARMSTRONG as the 4th STALINVERSE one-shot!

http://www.newsarama.com/32446-valia...citations.html
    Dude yes! I am so into this! I was afraid they were going to drop into obscurity for a few years after Roberts' fiasco, but this sounds awesome!!

http://comicsalliance.com/valiant-di...rom-gulag-396/

Thought it was an interesting article about the oneshot.

Incredible Member

Divinity III was a really strong first issue, I thought. Basically just vignettes introducing each Soviet hero, but I thought it tied their different "universes," so to speak, together pretty well. I love seeing Shadowman, XO, Bloodshot, and Stancheck on the same team, as it were. Hairsine's art is solid and the design of the Red Brigade is cool. Should I recognize any of them? I would have to re-read the second series, but it doesn't feel like this one follows directly from that. I'm sure Kindt will circle back and show how we got to this point. My biggest question about this so far is (SPOILERS) how does ____ remember when nobody else does?

Incredible Member

I've caught up on reading Harbinger: Renegades #1 & 2, and if I'm not nitpicking a couple plot details, I would say I really like the direction and tone of the series so far. I don't really understand the exact timeframe for Harada's exposure, Imperium, and then Peter's departure, but I don't think that's super important. Generally speaking, it feels like an appropriate follow-up to the series before, and the characters seem to be written pretty well in line with their established voices. The new antagonist, Solomon, feels a bit too much like a re-hash of Harada, but I suppose I should reserve judgement until his motivation becomes more clear. The art didn't blow me away, but it was good.

Faith #6 was a good read, as well, although the resolution of this new villain felt contrived. I'm all for confrontation that doesn't end with a stereotypical punch-out, but this was too rushed. Mainly I liked the artist in this issue, and the promise of an interesting new villain that may someday return in a better story, I guess.

I'm more curious about how Aric joins the Soviet empire because the others were easier to understand how they fell under Soviet control. It's a good issue but mostly setup.