Page 343 of 400 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 6000
    Mighty Member

Future Force ended on an even more light-hearted note than the previous issues, but I thought it was an entertaining twist.

This was the most generic issue of War Mother, but I've been long over evil doppelgangers in comics. Still curious as to where it will all go, and how it might effect the 4001 corner of Valiant.

Aside from the constant rehashing of "Come with me if you want to save time" or whatever Neela kept saying to Faith, I thought Future Force was just a fun story. I wish Valiant would have tried for a more consistent look for the book because Segovia started it and looked great and then we got, what I feel, is sub-par Cary Nord to finish it.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Imo, the art kept getting worse and worse as the series went on. It's sad to see how bad this issue is compared to X-O.

I didn't like the issue. I don't know what I was expecting, but I would've never thought Faith's big plan would be to coerce her archenemy to talk the robot down. Just felt really lazy and diminished how intimidating the robot was supposed to be.

Valiant has got to stop publishing Faith. It's getting them nowhere. I think annual trades might be fun, but she is seriously losing Valiant money every month she has a new issue.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Mighty Member

I thought Eternity #1 was excellent. I love the aesthetics, especially how alien the aliens are, as opposed to being simple multi-colored humans. It makes it stand out from X-O's corner of space. I'm interested to seeing how the cult thing evolves in the next three issues, and I expect, but don't know, that we're in for a cosmic murder mystery. It's a strong week for Kindt as X-O remains consistent, and while I have complained about his writing at times, the guy is such a builder. I think for someone who showed up a bit later he's coming awfully close to doing more world building for Valiant than Fred Van Lante or Joshua Dysart, if he already hasn't, benefiting Valiant as a whole. I wonder if, when he was hired, he made it his mission to make such a big stamp on the Valiant Universe, or if it is all incidental.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I thought Eternity #1 was excellent. I love the aesthetics, especially how alien the aliens are, as opposed to being simple multi-colored humans. It makes it stand out from X-O's corner of space. I'm interested to seeing how the cult thing evolves in the next three issues, and I expect, but don't know, that we're in for a cosmic murder mystery. It's a strong week for Kindt as X-O remains consistent, and while I have complained about his writing at times, the guy is such a builder. I think for someone who showed up a bit later he's coming awfully close to doing more world building for Valiant than Fred Van Lante or Joshua Dysart, if he already hasn't, benefiting Valiant as a whole. I wonder if, when he was hired, he made it his mission to make such a big stamp on the Valiant Universe, or if it is all incidental.
    great post. agreed

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I read Eternity #1 and had stayed away from reading up on it prior to release. I went in unsure where it may go and come to find out it's actually a sequel of sorts to Divinity III. I noticed that the Eternity aliens were using the Sputnik satellite as part of their aesthetic. Interesting in that they worship Divinity and their USSR ties.
    Curious to see where it goes. The Kirby inspired art was amazing to look at as well!

Bloodshot Salvation #2 was good and I'm still intrigued to see where this 'alt' tale may go. No real surprises so far in the narrative though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Bloodshot Salvation #2 was good and I'm still intrigued to see where this 'alt' tale may go. No real surprises so far in the narrative though.
    Agreed.

The Valiant Voice (mailing list) revealed the second arc is taking place on the Deadside with Shadowman and Dr. Mirage. Really curious to see Lemire's Shadowman, and always happy for more mirage. Idk why I don't like Punk Mambo, but I don't, so it's a good trade to me.

BANNED

Did you check it?

#ICYMI: QUANTUM AND WOODY! #0.0001½ – a special, digital-first and entirely FREE issue! Just click here: https://buff.ly/2zcYiVF #KLANG

Here's the link: https://twitter.com/ValiantComics/st...24797404131328

Mighty Member

The Quantum and Woody 0, too many 0's 1 was alright. I think it's great for new readers, they get to sample everything already out there with Deadpool-esque meta commentary. I think it failed for me because it all built up to a unlettered preview that had already been released with dialogue. I do think Kibbles has a firm grasp on the characters, but they're hardly the most complicated characters out there. At the very least, it reminded me that I liked Delinquents more than I thought I did.

Harbingers 0 pretty much proved my theory about the one issue in the run that seemed completely out of place. I do wonder if that means the end of Harbinger Wars 2 is going to follow the obvious story beats this paves the way for.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Harbingers 0 pretty much proved my theory about the one issue in the run that seemed completely out of place. I do wonder if that means the end of Harbinger Wars 2 is going to follow the obvious story beats this paves the way for.
    What was your theory?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    That they were introducing the Apocalypse of the Harbingers-verse.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Oh yeah. loving it!

Mighty Member

Bloodshot has hit the point where both plot points are interesting and suspenseful. I'm confident that from this point forward is will be just as good as Reborn if not better.

I thought Ninja-K had a fantastic start. The history Gage has built is truly interesting to me, and the book has a really strong pulp feel that sets it apart, not just from the previous Ninjak book, but from most comics not being published by Dynamite.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 11-16-2017 at 09:53 AM.

BANNED

QUANTUM AND WOODY! (2017) #1 Extreme Ultra-Foil Production Featurette

Mighty Member

This is the first issue of X-O that didn't sit right with me. One issue he's king and the next there's total chaos. I know it's ironic to say, but this is one case where I think Kindt skipped too much to get to the interesting bits. We don't really see Aric's rule. We never see if the people even gave him a chance or if he attempted to prevent many of these obvious issues before they appeared. The excuse, "you're human, you don't understand our alien ways" doesn't work because the problem itself is human and has happened over and over and over during the course of human history. It makes Aric seem like he's never been a ruler before, and we know that is not the case. It makes Aric seem like he sucks at relations, and we also know THAT'S not the case because that's his primary evolution throughout the previous run. We can also assume he won't be king for long judging by the solicits, but if that's true, then I've completely lost the point. We have this big battle, we watch his rise to the top, but if he's only at the top for a little bit...what's the point of this story? I don't know what it is anymore. I hope it isn't "ruling is difficult" because again, we did that last run, and I don't mind writers going over the same themes, but you take Aric away from his supporting cast for reasons we still don't know, throw him in space with some wildly different characters and enemies, one's expectation is for it to kind of go a different more unique way as a result of putting him in a different more unique environment.