Page 364 of 400 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 6000
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Here is a preview of Issue 7 of Shadowman! I only looked at the first page, cause I want to wait, but it looks amazing!
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/shadowman-7/

I haven't seen 6 yet!!!!!!!!!!! WTF

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    I haven't seen 6 yet!!!!!!!!!!! WTF
    Six comes out this month, end of August, that's why lol. The preview Shadowman early.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-16-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Question about jumping back into Valiant:

Is the newer X-O Manowar series pretty self contained or do I need to go back and fill in my collection to understand what is going on with the first trade?

I fell off after Armor Hunters but have been thinking about jumping back on board the 2017 relaunch via trades.
    Yes it is self contained.
    However, it is also annoying cause no real explanation(s) is given as to why he's there. At least at the start.
    Somewhere once the series gets into double digits there is a reveal that due to the suit(Shanhara) giving off low levels of radiation his son with Saana died of cancer. That broke them up and led him into space. That's what I can gather.

The series itself is really well done. I just feel it was pointless to end the run, start with a #1 and drop all the world building and character growth. This saga still could've happened and it would've felt more organic within the framework of all we knew already.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Shadowman #6 was great! And thanks to you guys i could read the preview for #7 straight away.

Good stuff all around. My favorite Valiant book atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Shadowman #6 was great! And thanks to you guys i could read the preview for #7 straight away.

Good stuff all around. My favorite Valiant book atm.
    Agreed! I mean, I may be biased, cause I love Shadowman, but Andy is putting out some top notch stories! Issue 6 was amazing, and the art was fantastic! Can't wait for issue 7. I really feel like Jack will be a changed man after this. Also the next arc looks AMAZING!
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Agreed! I mean, I may be biased, cause I love Shadowman, but Andy is putting out some top notch stories! Issue 6 was amazing, and the art was fantastic! Can't wait for issue 7. I really feel like Jack will be a changed man after this. Also the next arc looks AMAZING!
    It seems like a real origin story is developing and it is quite nicely done. They need to keep it on schedule though.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    It seems like a real origin story is developing and it is quite nicely done. They need to keep it on schedule though.
    It has been on schedule though? O.o it's been on time every month lol.
    Pulls:

Read X-O#18 and Harbinger wars 2#4.
    My thoughts: X-O was good and I'm interested in learning more about this Sabbas guy who seems to be immortal.
    But Kindt really dropped the ball on HW2, it was the worst Valiant book I read in a while, just a confused mess of a story. I hope the Livewire solo can fix her after this.

Didn't enjoy HW2 #4, as much as that last few issues,but it was a nice wrap up. Things have changed for sure. I'm looking forward to the aftermath issue, as well as Livewire's ongoing. She,as well as the government, have a lot of repairing to do.
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've not read my Valiant reads for this week but I see that HWII#4 is being received as I thought.

My LCS counter guy mentioned he'd read it already and felt like it was a mess of an event. The #0, prequel issue literally had no impact on the story. It turned into Livewire vs the Government(which I could agree through 3 issues).

Still better than Dead Drop though!! Hahahahaha
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

So Andy let it slip on Twitter that the next event, Incursion, will have Shadowman, Dr. Mirage, Punk Mumbo and The Eternal Warrior. So all those who are fans of them should be excited! I can't wait!
    Pulls:

News from Long Beach Comic Con!

They loved my Shadowman T-Shirt and I got an extra free comic, cause of it haha.

The panel was fun, not a lot of new stuff. But they did say Incursion will change a lot of things for not just the characters involved.

They also said that now that Jack knows the Loa's name, he has the power and control. And that Andy had a two year plan for Jack, that includes Incursion, but that doesn't mean we won't see Andy on Shadowman more.

In their mind, the nano machines chose Bloodshots monstrous look, not Livewire. They want to be scary and feared. We will see some form of Fallout from that. And that they have a road map for what happens to Bloodshot after the new series.

Not news from LBCC, but I heard that Rai is returning soon.
    Pulls:

Faith dreamside # 1 was a good read but a bit thin.

About to dive into this universe, read Quantum and Woody years ago and loved it. I'm reading Manowar Vol 1 right now, and its cool but i'm not sure it's gonna hold my interest for too long.

I plan on checking out Faith, Archer & Armstrong, and whatever Livewires in

For a newbie to valiant comics, where do you recommend I start?
    Which comic to read? What is the jumping point?