Page 365 of 400 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 5990

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    For a newbie to valiant comics, where do you recommend I start?
    Which comic to read? What is the jumping point?
    I've been following this

https://www.reddit.com/r/valiant/wiki/readingorder

Incredible Member

My first foray into Valiant a couple years ago was The Valiant, followed by Dead Drop (people don't like to talk about Dead Drop around here, but I liked it a lot at the time). I definitely didn't know what was going on with all the characters, but those two series got me intrigued.

The Harbinger series is compelling all the way through, and sets the stage for a lot of the universe-building, especially if you read the events it ties in to.

From there, I'd say just pick and choose the characters that appeal to you when the mood strikes to read those characters. There's more good than bad in terms of titles and story-arcs.

I’m hoping the Bloodshot movie does well so Valiant can get more attention.

BANNED

Shadowman #8 was great... Diggle's run is turning out to be miles better than Jordan's or Milligan's.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've been behind on my reads, recently playing some catch up.

Dreamside #1 was a slow opener. I expect #2 to pick up the pace and cover more ground faster.
    Ninja*K #11 felt like a middle chapter that didn't reveal much, had about 10 panels of dialogue that meant something.

I still have the latest XO and Shadowman to read.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I just read Shadowman #9 and found it to be a good start to the next arc....only to find it's going to be the last arc. Cause not long after I discovered that the book is ending at issue #11.
    Quantum & Woody is ending at #12
    Ninja*K is ending at #12
    Britannia Lost Eagles of Rome was a scheduled mini that also just ended at #4

Are these to make room for the new Bloodshot and Livewire ongoings? We know Faith&Deadside is a mini, issue #2 just came out.

X-O still continues, it clearly is the leading character book as it will get into the 20s again.

I'm worried about VALIANT staying viable. Even before the management switch this January it has been discouraging to see titles continue to flip every 12-14 issues.
    It is hard to be able to recommend VALIANT with all this turnover. With new characters a new reader needs to see clear traction. The multiple volumes is a bit harder to digest for VALIANT than say Marvel(not that I like it there) where the characters are firmly established over decades and various media forms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just read Shadowman #9 and found it to be a good start to the next arc....only to find it's going to be the last arc. Cause not long after I discovered that the book is ending at issue #11.
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Quantum & Woody is ending at #12
    Ninja*K is ending at #12
    Britannia Lost Eagles of Rome was a scheduled mini that also just ended at #4

Are these to make room for the new Bloodshot and Livewire ongoings? We know Faith&Deadside is a mini, issue #2 just came out.

X-O still continues, it clearly is the leading character book as it will get into the 20s again.

I'm worried about VALIANT staying viable. Even before the management switch this January it has been discouraging to see titles continue to flip every 12-14 issues.
    It is hard to be able to recommend VALIANT with all this turnover. With new characters a new reader needs to see clear traction. The multiple volumes is a bit harder to digest for VALIANT than say Marvel(not that I like it there) where the characters are firmly established over decades and various media forms.
    I’m hoping that the Bloodshot movie turns out well. That would give Valiant the boost it needs.

i'm not as well versed in valiant as others but i'd say get the 1st two volumes of XO & ninjak, they imo seem to be the 2 pillars of valiant, and then also vol 1 of unity. i think you might want to read unity before ninjak though i'm not for certain. anybody??

Mighty Member

Imperium Deluxe Edition on its way boys and girls

As well as the first volume of Kindt's X-O Manowar
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-10-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    A bit shocked Joe Irons is getting top billing as a character in this. Sure, he should be in the film but he's listed as if he'll be a big part over the whole film.
    No Torque or Flamingo?
    Pete and Faith as the lone psiots represented is a very weak line up next to Kris.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Inexperienced director equals studio ran project. Which is fine but i hope the guy really in charge knows what the heck he or.she is doing.

Any word on Savage coming back?

Ninjak #14 - the finale to this volume (4th?) was adequate for what had come before. Perhaps even above average. It really feels more like an intermission than a conclusion which highlights my own bias that series should not be ending this soon. There is more to be told in a linear manner than what likely will be told whenever we pick back up with Colin. 'Killers' may hint at it or not.