Page 368 of 400 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Oh man... these Psi-Lords designs look like parodies.
    It looks goofy, but I've liked the majority of Van Lente's work in Valiant, so I'm definitely giving it a shot.

Psi-Lords sounds fine and I'm a fan of Van Lente's work so I'll check it out.

EDIT- I read the life and death of toyo harada and liked it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-16-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Yeah, speaking of that... I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion on this thread yet of the new Life and Death of Toyo Harada. I thought issue 1 was terrific, although inevitably a fair amount of it is setup. It feels like Dysart hasn't missed a beat since Imperium ended - this is basically a continuation of that title, and I guess it will be the wrapup that it didn't get last time. It's so satisfying to have my favorite supporting characters back - Sunlight on Snow and LV-99. And Dysart's dialogue, characterization and construction are elegant as ever. This is instantly my #1 title running currently.

Tim Seeley talks about Bloodshot:

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Yeah, speaking of that... I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion on this thread yet of the new Life and Death of Toyo Harada. I thought issue 1 was terrific, although inevitably a fair amount of it is setup. It feels like Dysart hasn't missed a beat since Imperium ended - this is basically a continuation of that title, and I guess it will be the wrapup that it didn't get last time. It's so satisfying to have my favorite supporting characters back - Sunlight on Snow and LV-99. And Dysart's dialogue, characterization and construction are elegant as ever. This is instantly my #1 title running currently.
    I loved Imperium and can't wait to dive into this. Imperium really was a next level take on a "villain" and his super powered team, the writing and concepts introduced were all excellent, top shelf stuff, and I'd expect no less from this title, but I am sad that this is kind of like the last comic from the Valiant old guard, seems like the focus on good storytelling is kind of fizzling out to prep for the cinematic launch. I really hope the rest of their character don't go the Bloodshot route, that title is practically unreadable now. I am very nervous about the X-O relaunch, it's the only title I am really holding onto right now from them. If it falls flat I might take a break from the publisher completely, it seemed like they were world building something really special and deliberate but now its hitting the skids.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I read X-O #25 last night and really enjoyed it, the art on that remains awesome!
    My only complaint was it was a fast read, under 10min.

I also got the new XO Deluxe vol.1, haven't cracked it open yet but ready to do so!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post

The first issue of Life and Death of Toyo Harada was great....An excellent continuation of Imperium and the overall Harbinger storyline.

I've read that LaDoTH was finished back when Dinesh was still at the helm of Valiant, so that may be why it comes across as seamless with Imperium. There really wasn't that much of a gap in the writing process.

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    I loved Imperium and can't wait to dive into this. Imperium really was a next level take on a "villain" and his super powered team, the writing and concepts introduced were all excellent, top shelf stuff, and I'd expect no less from this title, but I am sad that this is kind of like the last comic from the Valiant old guard, seems like the focus on good storytelling is kind of fizzling out to prep for the cinematic launch. I really hope the rest of their character don't go the Bloodshot route, that title is practically unreadable now. I am very nervous about the X-O relaunch, it's the only title I am really holding onto right now from them. If it falls flat I might take a break from the publisher completely, it seemed like they were world building something really special and deliberate but now its hitting the skids.

Because it's essentially a different company now. I'll give a new title a chance here and there, but Valiant definitely doesn't have the same feel as it did during its initial VEI relaunch.

I just stumbled across this. It was posted yesterday; so I'm not yet 100% sure on whether it's an April Fool's prank, or not. If it's legitimate, it could be a good deal for those who enjoy comics in the digital format.

https://www.newsarama.com/44546-buy-...usb-stick.html
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Finally read War-Monger #2 last night. For a book that has so far worked in flashback mode with a dual narrative I'm at least still intrigued.
    Curious to see where things go with issue #3 now after that ending.

Valiant teased this today on Twitter:

Looks kinda Savage.

Archer and Armstrong meets Savage?

Well; the first volume of Savage seemed to leave the door open for the main character to start interacting with the rest of the Valiant universe. This could be just that.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

I last read LADOTH #2 and finding this to be a really enjoyable opus to the Harbinger saga! A must read for anyone that is a VALIANT fan.

New X-O creative team announced: