Page 375 of 400 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5990

I wonder if Jack is actually gonna be a likable and competent character this time around. I'm bored of the angry black man stereotype.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

BANNED

Shadowman is one of the more interesting characters in the Valiant universe for me. I did enjoy the Jordan and Diggle runs that came before. Milligan's run started strong but deteriorated into a mess.

I don't really like Bunn. For me most of his stuff that I actually bothered to read before seemed completely phoned in. I will still give this a chance because it's Shadowman but I'm not all that excited to be honest.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I wonder if Jack is actually gonna be a likable and competent character this time around. I'm bored of the angry black man stereotype.
    Agreed. Angry Black Man is so 1970-90s. New century folks, two decades in, find a new angle.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

More Savage teasers:

I've been grossly behind in my reading but despite the world situation still don't have time to read like I want. I have a 27 week pregnant wife and a 2.5yr old so I don't want one over exerting and the other needs constant activity since she isn't at school. All while trying to work from home a few hours a day. This quarantine lifestyle is the pits.
    That said, I did read Visitor #3 last night and am glad to finally get some backstory on him. I'm much more intrigued now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA8YHf-zXsk

The Ninjak Vs web series is back! Uploaded to YouTube and made available today.

Did some more catching up, read Visitor #4 and now that a fuller backstory on him has unfolded I'm wondering how far into the future our Visitor has come. Is he pre/post RAI in 4001 A.D.
    It really did take this series up till now to really grab me. I feel based on what the Visitor is as well that this may possibly be pre 4001 A.D., I'll avoid spoilers on that.

Rai #4&5 as well - I like how an active Geomancer has reversed the aging we had seen in Gilad and he now sports a more youthful look. Enjoying this title a lot right now. The more we are on Earth the more I like that either A-writers are not showing the whole planet as devastated as we were once lead to believe based only on one location or B-lack of continuity and editorial, I hope it is choice A.
    Bloodshot #6,7 & 0 - while the series has reached a somewhat more enjoyable place I still have trouble with where to place this in context of the other series.
    Doctor Tomorrow #1&2 - moved at a fast pace not fast read but very kinetic I felt in the narrative. Very curious about Bart and just what about the energy(Dark Fluid) is that has caused the riff between he and his former colleague/mentor, Hadrian, who is now his nemesis. Needs a bad guy name. Is it too much to ask that this series have a back door to bring Ivar back?

Bummed that this Covid-19 has so much on hold, especially now that I'm clearing out my backlog of reading. X-O's new #1 is on hold, as well as all the other titles. Hoping this doesn't delay Shadowman and the recently announced Harbinger re-launch is likely end of year anyway.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Did some more catching up, read Visitor #4 and now that a fuller backstory on him has unfolded I'm wondering how far into the future our Visitor has come. Is he pre/post RAI in 4001 A.D.
    It really did take this series up till now to really grab me. I feel based on what the Visitor is as well that this may possibly be pre 4001 A.D., I'll avoid spoilers on that.

Rai #4&5 as well - I like how an active Geomancer has reversed the aging we had seen in Gilad and he now sports a more youthful look. Enjoying this title a lot right now. The more we are on Earth the more I like that either A-writers are not showing the whole planet as devastated as we were once lead to believe based only on one location or B-lack of continuity and editorial, I hope it is choice A.
    Bloodshot #6,7 & 0 - while the series has reached a somewhat more enjoyable place I still have trouble with where to place this in context of the other series.
    Doctor Tomorrow #1&2 - moved at a fast pace not fast read but very kinetic I felt in the narrative. Very curious about Bart and just what about the energy(Dark Fluid) is that has caused the riff between he and his former colleague/mentor, Hadrian, who is now his nemesis. Needs a bad guy name. Is it too much to ask that this series have a back door to bring Ivar back?

Bummed that this Covid-19 has so much on hold, especially now that I'm clearing out my backlog of reading. X-O's new #1 is on hold, as well as all the other titles. Hoping this doesn't delay Shadowman and the recently announced Harbinger re-launch is likely end of year anyway.
    I've been told to expect Shadowman to be delayed. But who knows.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

So, Valiant is looking to bring back Harbinger, Punk Mambo, and Ninjak. I'm here for it, but they better be in character. Because oof at that new X-O.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Good afternoon everyone

Could someone jump in and describe what the Valiant trade paperbacks are like in terms of quality? Would you compare them more to a Marvel trade (in terms of, say, paper quality), or would you compare them to Dark Horse (who seems to use higher quality paper in their books)?

I have yet to pick up any Valiant books yet and I'm just trying to decide what to start with in terms of trades and deluxe editions.

Thanks

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

So I read Imperium (digital). Really enjoyed that so I'm considering picking up the Deluxe ed.

Next question re: Deluxe Editions:

Ninja-K
    Adventures of Archer and Armstrong (by Roberts)
    Wrath of the Eternal Warrior

I've heard positive things about each one of these. I'd appreciate some insight from the members here who have read any of these titles.

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    So I read Imperium (digital). Really enjoyed that so I'm considering picking up the Deluxe ed.

Next question re: Deluxe Editions:

Ninja-K
    Adventures of Archer and Armstrong (by Roberts)
    Wrath of the Eternal Warrior

I've heard positive things about each one of these. I'd appreciate some insight from the members here who have read any of these titles.
    In order of my enjoyment:
    1.Ninja-K
    2. Wrath of Eternal Warrior(feels like he didn't get to tell the second half of this series)
    3. A+A (really mediocre, step down from prior series)

Mighty Member

So any favorite villains in valiant?