Page 376 of 400 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 6000
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finally got my copy of the new X-O Manowar #1 and read it after hearing all the negativity.
    Was hoping that it was just folks being too harsh....and, well....it is for certain a big step down from the last two runs.

I kept reading the complaints about Aric hooping it up with some local teens, that's not really bad.
    My takeaway about what doesn't work with issue one is the giant mis-characterization of Aric. Especially coming after volume 2 where he's been a planetary warlord, king etc.
    This first issue feels disconnected from the conclusion of volume two and that is the giant flaw I feel. It seems Dennis "Hopeless" doesn't have a good handle on Aric's voice right out of the gate.

I give it 12 issues and for an XO series that is low.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    So any favorite villains in valiant?
    I like Master Darque from Shadowman. I keep hearing him as Sam Witwer (Darth Maul)

Toyo Harada and his allies in Imperium is the gold standard.

i enjoyed the relaunched Shadow Man but imo it doesn't touch 1-15 of the Acclaim Shadowman comic. that's such an underrated series.

Astonishing Member

Anyone know when Valiant is coming back?

Never mind I found it. But their scheduled release is so slim compared to what it used to be. Is this because of the pandemic or is Valiant losing steam?
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 07-12-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Read Quantum & Woody #4 that wrapped that current mini-series.
    The future Woody is an interesting concept. The briefness we saw seems to indicate that future Woody has matured but not clear to what extent. That is discernible by him sending notes back to himself to do better acts. Although current Woody still uses that info in a less than mature way.

The Quantum "ghost mode" is interesting. Reminds me a bit of Marvel's tech villain Ghost a bit. Be curious to see more on that.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Previews world confirms Doc Tomorrow here: https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...-You-Should-Be
    And also a new series about a serial killer.
    Could someone point me in the right direction? I dig fictional serial killers...

I've been reading Valiant non stop since 2012, but I may have to give them a rest and I was excited for the new Savage and Shadowman series. That new Ninjak series is not looking good to me. Guess I'll have to return to Marvel/DC again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I've been reading Valiant non stop since 2012, but I may have to give them a rest and I was excited for the new Savage and Shadowman series. That new Ninjak series is not looking good to me. Guess I'll have to return to Marvel/DC again.
    As a huge ninja k fan, the art for the new series dies not inspire me at all

In all honesty it's been a while since any of their books really did

Which worries me as they were my favourite for a good while

I like Jeff Parker. A lot. His Red She-Hulk run was great. And Javier Pulido is exactly my kinda artist. I get that he's divisive, but he is also TALENTED.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

https://www.gamesradar.com/valiant-e...dcmarvel-alum/ Valiant managed to snag David Wohl. This is awesome because dude has a PEDIGREE.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/valiant-e...dcmarvel-alum/ Valiant managed to snag David Wohl. This is awesome because dude has a PEDIGREE.
    I liked his Topcow work and can see him writing an Eternal Warrior series.
    Also: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/is-v...unity-in-2021/

Looks like in 2021 may have some interesting stuff.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Where did Shadowman go? I was excited for that series.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    As a huge ninja k fan, the art for the new series dies not inspire me at all

In all honesty it's been a while since any of their books really did

Which worries me as they were my favourite for a good while
    I’m with you. The line was SO strong at its relaunch in 2012. All killer, no filler. Since they lost Dinesh and sold to DMG its been downhill. I think they’ve put the wrong people in place and have made some disastrous hiring and promoting decisions.

I was following their Instagram and they had a daily countdown to Ninjak. I was like, whoa, this will probably be awesome! 5... 4... 3... 2... 1. And then, after that hype, they release that art. I honestly could not believe it was real. Like, was it a joke?

I LOVE Parker. His Red Hulk was phenomenal. He’ll do great with Ninjak. But saddling him with that art is a crime.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I just saw today on the Valiant Fans FB page that Valiant is no longer leasing their NY office. That's an unexpected development.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I just saw today on the Valiant Fans FB page that Valiant is no longer leasing their NY office. That's an unexpected development.
    Rent in NY is crazy expensive anyway, in any year. However, since comics can be created from home the writers and artists need not report to an office. Valiant can have a physical office somewhere much more affordable in any state.