Page 53 of 400 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

I kinda prefer their current setup of continually switching out titles for minis or limited series about different characters. Gives each a little time in the sun.
    Though i do like having XO and Unity as ongoings.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I wish Bloodshot Reborn was just #26, seeing as how Oct&November gave us #24&25 it's not like #26 couldn't just be heavily marketed as a jumping on point.
    Harbinger made sense to end at #25, those characters are clearly in a transitional state. Bloodshot is just on a continual path of discovery. You could argue that every 6-10 issues is likely a time to reboot but it would be a weak excuse. Bloodshot's title should be continued with the numbering. This is sadly VALIANT playing the market.

As for Punk Mambo, as someone asked, I found it to be an enjoyable one shot. It gave us backstory and allows for her next appearances to be taken with a heavier sense of importance. She's not just some rank amateur dressed provocatively for the sake of it. She's not ready for solo ongoing status.

Dr.Mirage on the other hand is a character that could support an ongoing I do feel. Her mini has been excellent!

Timewalker---if anyone enjoyed Archer&Armstrong this book is literally a spin off companion book. The character has and can support an ongoing. He's very interesting and the writer has the cred to do him justice.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    And now I have about 75% of the Valiant books

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Mutsi View Post
    And now I have about 75% of the Valiant books
    Eeeeeeexxxxxcellent!!!!!

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Man, Ivar and Divinity sound so promising.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Of the six books; The Valiant doesn't really grab me, nor do Ninjak or Divinity. Not a fan of this incarnation of Ninjak, and Divinity seems like a " fill the Solar void". Timewalker, while not my beloved A&A; hopefully will fill some of that void, Bloodshot Reborn? Im on the fence, his skill sets just seem too powerful now, preferred the Duane Sweirzinsky version. Imperium, anything Harbinger related strikes my fancy so I'm on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Can she carry her own title? Probably not, there's more deserving titles to fill the 9 per month slots. Does it add to her mythos and build her character? definitely, similar to bleeding monk, another character I find fascinating but who can't carry their own title. What would be your 9 titles? ( Dino has said that VEI wants to carry 9 titles per month and grow slowly). Mine are XO, some Harbinger book, Rai, Archer & Armstrong ( though their run is finished) Bloodshot, Unity and a EW title, as for the other 2? Personally I'd like a decent reboot of Shadowman, and a GK title ( Im dreaming on that one) preferably Turok. Maybe drop EW from my list and include him in a Magnus book
    I'm honestly pretty happy with what they're doing now. I just want them to expand to 12-15 titles now.

X-O Manowar
    Unity
    Harbinger/Imperium
    Archer & Armstrong (I'm sure Ivar is cool and all, but I'd much rather read about A&A)
    Bloodshot
    Rai
    Quantum & Woody
    Rotating mini's (Armor Hunters, Dr. Mirage, The Valiant)
    Ninjak
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I'm honestly pretty happy with what they're doing now. I just want them to expand to 12-15 titles now.
    I think by the time we get to year 5 we'll be in that range. VEI is still just 2.5yrs old this time around. Were DH, IDW or Dynamite pumping out books in the double digits within 2-3yrs? I don't know but it is a serious question. If only cause I look at DH and IDW as doing it right. Dynamite, while having respectable market share isn't "doing it right" as I see it.

The start of Year 5 would be the summer of '16.
    1. XO
    2. Harbinger/Imperium
    3. Bloodshot(in some form, will it be on vol.3 by then?)
    4. A&A(what do you subtitle a vol.2 book?)
    5. UNITY
    6. Shadowman(will be back by then, subtitle?)
    7. HARD Corps
    8. Ninjak
    9. Eternal Warrior
    10. Dr. Mirage ongoing
    11. Divinity ongoing(if the character proves interesting as sounds)
    12. Ivar, Timewalker
    13. Geomancer
    14. Rai
    15. rotating mini slot

What I would like to see in late 2015-2016:
    Shadowman Legacy(starring Mike Leroi)
    Faraway Hunter (taking place in the Faraway)
    Future Force (a companion to Rai, lead by Gilad)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    What I would like to see in late 2015-2016:
    Shadowman Legacy(starring Mike Leroi)
    Faraway Hunter (taking place in the Faraway)
    Future Force (a companion to Rai, lead by Gilad)
    I'd rather see Jack Boniface again. He's got a lot of potential, especially after the end of End Times.

Incredible Member

Bloodshot Reborn? Im on the fence, his skill sets just seem too powerful now, preferred the Duane Sweirzinsky version.
    Can you clarify? Far as I can tell, the character has the same abilities he's always had.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Can you clarify? Far as I can tell, the character has the same abilities he's always had.
    When you look at the first 2 arcs specifically, you see a vulnerability to BS; conversely, the AH arc highlighted more of a Terminator-esque, unstoppable power. He quickly offed the Dragon AH, Lilt and pretty much subdued Malgam. Both "celestial" beings that must have encountered similar tech ( if not mire advanced) in their travels. Yet they had no answe for Bloodshot. Then again I was wholly unimpressed with the AH event, though pieces of it I did find incredible (the AH backstory specifically). Duane's bS was near death and he had to dregrade himself by devouring a cow, but this new Bloodshot was literally fried by a jet propelled rocket, and kept on ticking like nothing happened.

Incredible Member

When you look at the first 2 arcs specifically, you see a vulnerability to BS; conversely, the AH arc highlighted more of a Terminator-esque, unstoppable power. He quickly offed the Dragon AH, Lilt and pretty much subdued Malgam. Both "celestial" beings that must have encountered similar tech ( if not mire advanced) in their travels. Yet they had no answe for Bloodshot. Then again I was wholly unimpressed with the AH event, though pieces of it I did find incredible (the AH backstory specifically). Duane's bS was near death and he had to dregrade himself by devouring a cow, but this new Bloodshot was literally fried by a jet propelled rocket, and kept on ticking like nothing happened.
    Gotcha. I am going to chalk that one up to creator license. I think we can find plenty of examples of Bloodshot's abilities fluctuating as needed throughout the series. Issue 1 opening pages had him get up just fine after getting hit by a missile, where as he was actually pretty incapacitated after your example in AH and Capshaw had to bring him protein to get him up and running again.

Good Valiant interview on Bleeding cool: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/...nter-gorinson/

Rai #5 - If you are a CBR forum member who lurks this thread and you like sci-fi/sci-tech stories and you aren't reading this book---why? Rai returns with a bang after taking a few moths off to allow Crain time to do the artwork(which is worth the wait) and he delivers! Rai's loyalties to Father were shaken to their core last issue and was the first Rai to ever not self destruct from the news & return to Father under false pretense of still being loyal. Seeing the villainous Silk cast in the role of anti-hero organizer is a bit interesting here as well. Not that I think he's fully trustworthy but it makes for an interesting dynamic. Such a solid read! I'm already a bit excited at the prospects of that RAI Deluxe OHC that is likely to happen in '16!!!

Eternal Warrior Fists of Steel #2 - I still continue to be a bit underwhelmed with what is being done with Gilad. Here once again he largely mopes around Gaul while waiting to train the Savior of the Gauls. Turns out it looks like he made a mistake on which baby to save---assuming brute strength is always the answer of course. It's here that I think the story is likely to take a turn in issue #3. Gilad is a man of war and what if the child he needed to save is the savior of the Gauls by a means other than war? Perhaps the minstrel will grow into something destined by the Geomancer after all, just not in a form Gilad is used to? It's these thoughts that has me hoping for an interesting conclusion cause otherwise this book is about Gilad just passing the decades in skirmishes and tussles for the sake of doing so. His purpose on hold, his mission suspended and I'm a bit over these blasé stories.

Valiant Sized Quantum & Woody #1 - The main story was perhaps the best single story I've read of VEI's Q&W since the opening arc of their ongoing. It's taken a whole year to get back to a story with these two I felt that I could call good. The North Korea superhero 'Foxy' is a bit of humor in and of itself. Does anyone really want a person with the ideals of North Korea with those kinds of powers? Turns out we didn't have to think on it too much though.