Page 56 of 400 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    They've done a good job re-imagining the immortal enemy in this... really freaky.
    Agree...creepy-scary...

Just happy to see Shadowman on the cover, hopefully we'll see him sometime this year.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Just happy to see Shadowman on the cover, hopefully we'll see him sometime this year.
    I will be picking this up in May. But I agree I need some Shadowman lol.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Looks great but no RAI or HARD Corps members on the cover and I almost missed spotting Shan/Mirage, she's almost easy to miss.
    What kinda gauntlets does Livewire have on???
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Now that's much better than a handbook.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    Looks great but no RAI or HARD Corps members on the cover and I almost missed spotting Shan/Mirage, she's almost easy to miss.
    What kinda gauntlets does Livewire have on???
    I know... They have shown her with those since Unity started. Wondering when we'll actually see them in story!

BANNED

me too. and hopefully his return is written by Lemire.

so i notice that black communist guy from Divinity is on there. i guess he's a mainstay in Valiant Universe from now on?

Incredible Member

I love that cover to the FCBD issue. What an amazing group of characters in this universe! Hoping they have another double page spread of everyone in the middle of the issue as they have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos X effect View Post
    I missed the boat bad when I decided to not give the Valiant stuff a try on the re-launch. I think I'm going to check out Imperium and Divinity.

Does anybody know if Ninjak is going to be easy to jump on? Will I need to know much before going into it?
    Since it will intertwine a current story with an origin story, I think it will be very new reader friendly. Also, I found The Valiant to be very new reader friendly as well if you're interested. It would make a good jumping on point for the whole universe.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Since it will intertwine a current story with an origin story, I think it will be very new reader friendly. Also, I found The Valiant to be very new reader friendly as well if you're interested. It would make a good jumping on point for the whole universe.
    Awesome. Thank you. I was very tempted to try The Valiant, but I was worried because it included such established characters. Maybe I'll look into it.

Do Valiant books ever go on sale? I would love to pick up a few Deluxe editions going forward, but the cost will add up fast. I've only seen a few books go on bargain sale through CGN.

Amazing Member

Ok, another question...

Would it be easy to jump on other Valiant books when a new arc hits? Like X-O Manowar? That interests me. Any other book recommendations?

Ok, another question...

Would it be easy to jump on other Valiant books when a new arc hits? Like X-O Manowar? That interests me. Any other book recommendations?
    XO#30 and UNITY#12, just came out and are good jumping on points.

Ok, another question...

I really recommend Unity. It touches on a lot of the goings on in the Valiant Universe, and X-O is a re-curring character.

Harbinger and X-O Manowar are unreal as well.

I was in your boat maybe 3-4 months ago, wanting to get into Valiant and not knowing where to start. I started with Unity, but that quickly spread to getting all the back issues of Harbinger, Bloodshot and X-O. All titles are easily on par (and then some) with the big two publisher's books, IMO. I've dropped most of the titles from my old pull-list just to get into buying more Valiant books. The universe is soooo addictive, and I'm really glad I made the jump to Valiant.

As for sales, I bought all digital, and if you're patient there are sales on collected editions etc. (although once you get started it's almost impossible to stop buying unless you've got an iron will!)

Amazing Member

I appreciate the advice, guys. I think I might give X-O and Unity a try at the latest new arc (November).