Page 99 of 400 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 6000
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    Divinity #1, the first Valiant release to feature the debut of an all-new character, has also sold out as of Thursday morning. A second printing is now available.

Glad to see that Divinity, has some traction..

March’s Ninjak #1 will be their highest selling release since Rai #1 in 2014.

As it should be, IMO!! Can't Wait!!
    Is there a link to this? Sounds good.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is there a link to this? Sounds good.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/...y-publication/
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    Divinity #1, the first Valiant release to feature the debut of an all-new character, has also sold out as of Thursday morning. A second printing is now available.

Glad to see that Divinity, has some traction..

March’s Ninjak #1 will be their highest selling release since Rai #1 in 2014.

As it should be, IMO!! Can't Wait!!
    Glad to see that Valiant is pulling in more readers with each launch, their consistent quality deserves more exposure.

Ninjak #2 preview...
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=26245

STUNNING artwork by Mr. Guice.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I've been behind on my reading from last week.
    Just last night read The VALIANT #3. A bit concerned how The Immortal Enemy is going to be beat. The World governments just threw 2 Billion and the best tech & meta humans at him and he's seemingly unfazed! How will Bloodshot and Kay manage in that malls food court!!!

Ivar #2 - the Hitler paradox was an enjoyable read and the stinger at the end w/Gilad was nice. However, why is a Nazi? That seems counter to past actions of him we've seen as liberator. The Nazi's were clearly an oppressor but hey, maybe it's an infiltration thing. Let's see how it plays out. The one element I'm not sold on are the statements that if they miss a Time Arc in one era they are abandoned there. That seems like quite the narrative corner to paint oneself into it and one someone likely should/would explore.

Unity #15 - A Ninjak solo tale told on the eve of his own debuting solo series...well played Dinesh & Co., well played. Am I to assume next issue is a Gilad solo issue to hopefully be followed by a Livewire one? If so I'm pro this for the next two months before the summer gets kicked off.

Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

Just started reading the first Eternal Warrior series. I don't understand how after she killed his son, he's fine with going on an adventure with his daughter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Mutsi View Post
    Just started reading the first Eternal Warrior series. I don't understand how after she killed his son, he's fine with going on an adventure with his daughter again.
    The EW series was a second year miscalculation. It was not well planned out and that's why it ends at issue #8 and the mini series is "just" another tale.

I'm disappointed they didn't have a solid plan when starting the Eternal Warrior series. It was as bad as the non-plan on Shadowman but it's the year two misstep imo.

Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The EW series was a second year miscalculation. It was not well planned out and that's why it ends at issue #8 and the mini series is "just" another tale.

I'm disappointed they didn't have a solid plan when starting the Eternal Warrior series. It was as bad as the non-plan on Shadowman but it's the year two misstep imo.
    I'm glad it's not just me. I finished all 4 issues, and feel it just got worse. Why are they killing the Gods? If his daughter went crazy until the Wild came for her, how did the Wizard convince her to infiltrate and kill them? Who's the house of the wheel? EW got over his son's death THAT easily, and is OK with his daughter again?

I'm so confused.

The thing that REALLY gets me are all the positive quotes on the front of these issues. Did we read the same book?

The art was nice

Well, first of all, I think that first arc is just a big misstep in Valiant continuity.
    Secondly, I've rationalized it by Gilad's different perception of time. It's probably easier to forgive someone when you're immortal.

I finally read last month's Valiant, and here's my short thoughts.
    The Valiant 3- Amazing, again. The team-up was epic, and the conversation between Bloodshot and Kay was endearing and very interesting.
    Timewalker 2- Better than the last issue, but still waiting for direction. Still not completely sold, but Clayton Henry's art (that artist change-up in the middle of the book was so jarring and off-putting) was gorgeous like usual, it's getting perpetually more interesting, and the Gilad cameo was awesome. I'm giving it 2 more issues to decide whether I'll jump to trades or drop it completely.
    Unity 15- I love this comic so much. If it wasn't for The Valiant it would be my most anticipated book every month. It was really nice seeing into Ninjak/Colin King's psyche a little bit. He's a little messed up.
    Q&W Must Die 1- I laughed out loud multiple times, and that's really all I'm looking for in this book, so I'm happy. I love that Q&W are finally getting good at superhero-ing.
    Rai 7- I don't really have much to say.. Everything that happened was monumentally interesting and the art was beautiful like always.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

I'm glad it's not just me. I finished all 4 issues, and feel it just got worse. Why are they killing the Gods? If his daughter went crazy until the Wild came for her, how did the Wizard convince her to infiltrate and kill them? Who's the house of the wheel? EW got over his son's death THAT easily, and is OK with his daughter again?

I'm so confused.

The thing that REALLY gets me are all the positive quotes on the front of these issues. Did we read the same book?

The art was nice
    Yeah, unfortunately, the whole thing is a jumbled mess. It's almost like Pak came on and was given free reign to write whatever he wanted with no editorial oversight. As a result, we have an almost nonsensical story that discounts established continuity and characterization. I tried to make it work in my head, but it really is tough to connect the dots. I think those positive quotes were perhaps from the first issue reviews, which wasn't too bad.

I think the take away is that from the Civil War till about the mid 1990s, Gilad was not working for the Geomancers/Earth. Technically still immortal, but appearing to age very slowly. After this business with Nergal, he is convinced (somehow) to come back and start being the Fist and Steel again before we see him in the Wrath of the Eternal Warrior story in Archer & Armstrong.

If you can get past what you read in the first four issues, the last four tell a better story, just don't go looking to connect things back. I think at that point Valiant was deciding to let Kindt write Rai, so plans Pak put in motion were scrapped as they possibly would have taken the future 4001 storylines in a different direction. So, instead, we get a nice little tale in 4001 that amounts to very little, just establishing the state of the Earth in 4001.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

I don't understand why people didn't enjoy the first arc of EW... I thought it was great. You would think that you could forgive your daughter for about anything after several thousands of years had went by... and you thought she was dead?

I have been toying with the Valiant line for the last 2 years, reading the first volumes of XO and HB, and I just HAD to check out "The Valiant". Is reading that going to spoil much from what happened before? I would like to go back and read EW, Q&W, Unity, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    I have been toying with the Valiant line for the last 2 years, reading the first volumes of XO and HB, and I just HAD to check out "The Valiant". Is reading that going to spoil much from what happened before? I would like to go back and read EW, Q&W, Unity, etc.
    Hey you look awfully familiar
    Welcome to the Valiant board
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fantastic Member

I've read some of the things tha came before the Valiant, but not everything. I don't think the Valiant spoils anything.

I can't say I've noticed anything too spoilery. It's pretty self-contained.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers