Super Moderator

Default Fabian Nicieza's Five Favorite Issues of "Superboy"

As the writer spotlights the "Zero Hour"-era Superboy in "Convergence: Superboy," we learn his all-time favorite issues starring the young hero.

Full article here.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I love that scene with Jimmy getting yoked up.

And #8 is the first issue I remember buying. I love that comment about his hair in retrospect, because the low fade (NOT shaved all over ) is actually very in right now

Incredible Member

"Geoff Johns added, what I thought, wa sa great twist to the Kon-El character, which was the addition of human DNA into his original clone matrix. "
    Uhm...

He wasn't Superman's direct clone. Or Luthor's. They took human DNA, cloned it, and radically changed it into the complete genetic equivalent of a Kryptonian based on studying Superman. Tactile telekinesis came from the scientists at Project Cadmus looking at the "aura" surrounding Superman (when they had his body) and gave Superboy a "translation" of the aura....a telekinetic field that gave him powers (and worked under a red sun or yellow sun).

The DNA was a mystery in Superboy's original series, which was revealed in Superboy Annual #2. Luthor wasn't it because he was trying to stop all Superman cloning (And was successful. Hence Superboy's creation) and was paranoid at the idea of Superman returning as a clone.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 04-18-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Yeah, a little bit of confusion there. He was a human clone from the very beginning (Paul Westfield), just made to look like Superman and tapping into Superman's aura to give him his abilities.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I really dislike the lex clone thing in the same way I don't care for a supervillain killing the Waynes. Tries too hard.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I really dislike the lex clone thing in the same way I don't care for a supervillain killing the Waynes. Tries too hard.
    Was that a New 52 retcon or is it still Joe Chill?

I think it's Joe Chill. But Snyder has done so much stuff with Joker, who knows at this point.