Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Saga, #19

"Saga" #19 eases the reader back into Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples' long-form space opera, as we learn where our heroes have been hiding out in their time off of the grid, and where things are going.

Full review here.

"With a final page that will almost certainly make readers shriek in terror"

You could say that again. I mean, I hope it's misdirection, but that's a gut-punch. Such good writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post

You could say that again. I mean, I hope it's misdirection, but that's a gut-punch. Such good writing.
    Tell me about it. My jaw dropped and it took half a minute before my brain started functioning again.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post

And I was so happy to have Saga back, then that happened

Love that this series is back in action. I forgot how much I missed it, but I didn't forget how awesome it was. This book has such a distinct and refined feel to it. Every character, every interaction, and every situation feels so genuine and meaningful. I honestly can't remember the last time a comic was this well-developed, except for maybe Y: The Last Man of course. That last page has me even more intrigued. Vaughn does a great job of getting readers emotionally attached to the characters he develops and he finds a way to exploit it to the maximum possible degree. But he does it in a way that feels so satisfying.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

I just read it for a second time to make sure i wasn't dreaming as i read it just before bed i has a sad.

All-New Member

If there's cheating in the next issue I'm dropping this.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Just read this and, wow, that last page was a gut-punch. It's amazing how a comic book with this many shocking twists and turns can still pack a serious emotional punch. I really hope this is misdirection!

And, oh yeah, the rest of the issue was excellent as well - but this is Sage: can't we just take that as a given?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Another great issue and like everyone is saying that last page is a huge gut-punch and just made me so sad right away. Still cannot wait for more Saga hopefully they continue to keep up the quality of the book. The book continues to be one of the best ongoing books cannot wait to see what happens next and where they all go for here.

That last page is killing me. BKV knows how to write well and propel his story forward when he can grab his audience with just one sentence.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

When I was preparing for BKV to break my heart like he usually does, I didn't even think to prepare for that. Therefore BKB has once again broke my heart.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM

Has to be misdirection. If that last page ends up true there will riots!

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Has to be misdirection. If that last page ends up true there will riots!
    I figure it's "splitting up" in the sense of being physically separate due to events forcing them apart, not because they're ending their relationship.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

keep in mind the 'fate' of Lying Cat a few issues back.
    also, as I haven't yet read this newest issue, I appreciate all the comments making their points and yet not spilling the beans - thanks!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet