Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question I need help brainstorming on a Marvel team name

This is just for fun, but I'd like to hear suggestions on what you would name a team comprised of Loki, Magneto, Rogue, Thor, Hulk, Nightcrawler, Dr. Doom, and Captain Marvel (Carol). Loki and Doom are in charge.

I can't come up with anything, since there aren't really many connecting threads between them. Variations on existing Marvel names are welcome, as well as shots in the dark / bolts from the blue.

Thanks!

ASQ

The Unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The Unexpected
    Thanks! This gets me thinking. I had been stuck in a rut trying to make "green" work with the Loki, Doom, Rogue, and Hulk connection, but that's literally half the team left out.

Obvs. this is hard.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

The Doom Order

Secret Champions

The Last Line

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    Thanks! This gets me thinking. I had been stuck in a rut trying to make "green" work with the Loki, Doom, Rogue, and Hulk connection, but that's literally half the team left out.

Obvs. this is hard.
    Maybe not Green Itself, but a Take on Green to sound more Inclusive, My Ideas are:

Emerald Knights

Emerald Might

Emerald Twilight
    (Twilight Meaning Shades of Good & Bad on the team)

Some Examples here.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

The Uneasy Company.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Plippy ploppy cheese nose!
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    This is just for fun, but I'd like to hear suggestions on what you would name a team comprised of Loki, Magneto, Rogue, Thor, Hulk, Nightcrawler, Dr. Doom, and Captain Marvel (Carol). Loki and Doom are in charge.

I can't come up with anything, since there aren't really many connecting threads between them. Variations on existing Marvel names are welcome, as well as shots in the dark / bolts from the blue.

Thanks!

ASQ
    hmm. . ok, you asked, I'd call the team "Psyche"

and the reasoning behind it: the Psyche, as identified by Freud is made up of 3 sections, the ID, the Ego, and the Super-Ego.

ID: The id is the unorganized part of the personality structure that contains a human's basic, instinctual drives
    Hulk
    Rogue (tho she now has better control of her powers).

Ego: The ego acts according to the reality principle; i.e. it seeks to please the id's drive in realistic ways that will benefit in the long term rather than bring grief. (in other words, these are the schemers, the planners)
    Magneto
    Loki
    Dr. Doom
    Captain Marvel

Super-Ego: The superego reflects the internalization of cultural rules, mainly taught by parents applying their guidance and influence.
    THOR
    Nightcrawler (if we count his religion as an internalization of cultural rules)

the parts really do all "fit"
    Last edited by bert; 04-19-2015 at 04:22 PM.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif