Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wally west of Pre-Flashpoint earring a COIE type ending at the end of Convergence ?

How would anyone feel if Wally West of Pre-Flashpoint earned a COIE type ending with him and his family is reunited towards the end of Convergence and is saved by being teleported away to a brand new safe haven and spared the New 52 mess ?

I mean out of all the endings why not have DC let lighting strike twice and give Wally West and his fans a peaceful type ending ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    How would anyone feel if Wally West of Pre-Flashpoint earned a COIE type ending with him and his family is reunited towards the end of Convergence and is saved by being teleported away to a brand new safe haven and spared the New 52 mess ?

I mean out of all the endings why not have DC let lighting strike twice and give Wally West and his fans a peaceful type ending ?
    I thought at first you were talking about Barry's COIE ending, which I wouldn't be surprised to see DiDio do to Wally just to spite the fans of the character.

If you're referring to the Kal-L, Lois, Superboy, and Alex Luthor ending, then I'd be all for it. Though I'd rather Wally and his kids survive on one of the mysterious Earths in the Multiverse and be the star of mini-series from time to time.

Why not. And in thirty years some future writer will bring back Wally and use him to undo the past thirty years, his view, of stories.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    I thought at first you were talking about Barry's COIE ending, which I wouldn't be surprised to see DiDio do to Wally just to spite the fans of the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Why not. And in thirty years some future writer will bring back Wally and use him to undo the past thirty years, his view, of stories.
    And this, my friends, is the reason that Barry Allen fans who *want* to be sympathetic to the Wally West fans (because we've been in their position before) find it harder and harder to do so.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    I thought at first you were talking about Barry's COIE ending, which I wouldn't be surprised to see DiDio do to Wally just to spite the fans of the character
    Unless you and others have actual proof (and I mean actual proof and not rumors or hearsay) of Didio of whoever else is doing this or that to your favorite characters, then enough of this character assassination. No debate, just do it. This has gone beyond ridiculous.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    And this, my friends, is the reason that Barry Allen fans who *want* to be sympathetic to the Wally West fans (because we've been in their position before) find it harder and harder to do so.

I find it very hard to Wally West fans seriously, because of that behavior. Don't even waste your time.

We were the age of the Flash family, Saint Barry is only the fastest man alive because he is the only man in the race.

We will bury you
    Last edited by Linda Danvers/Matrix Rules; 04-19-2015 at 05:29 PM.

BANNED

I don't want to cause trouble, but it was due to Barry's action that Wally and his family are erased from existence.

So I made this thread in hopes and thinking that maybe someone at DC would consider doing the right thing for some of the Pre-Flashpoint characters and give us some something else besides one last story.

If Wally and family are just "out there somewhere" at the end of Convergence, along with so many other characters, it'll be worth it to me. I've just never liked the idea that those characters were simply erased from existence, for obvious reasons.

If they bring him back just to kill him off, there was no point.

Earth Defense Directorate buttler's Avatar

I don't want to cause trouble, but it was due to Barry's action that Wally and his family are erased from existence.
    Nah, it wasn't Barry. It was Geoff Johns.
    Blogging about Wonder Woman every Wednesday: theidiolect.com

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by buttler View Post
    Nah, it wasn't Barry. It was Geoff Johns.
    Barry is the in-verse reason since first he missed his mom so he threw his friends and the rest of his family away for one person and then when he tried to fix his major screwup he listened to a person he never met about what he should do.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Barry is the in-verse reason since first he missed his mom so he threw his friends and the rest of his family away for one person and then when he tried to fix his major screwup he listened to a person he never met about what he should do.
    Barry is not a real person, Neither is Wally or, for that matter, any other DC character. I know you're perfectly aware of this, of course, but reading your post, some may not be sure of that fact.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    If Wally and family are just "out there somewhere" at the end of Convergence, along with so many other characters, it'll be worth it to me. I've just never liked the idea that those characters were simply erased from existence, for obvious reasons.

If they bring him back just to kill him off, there was no point.
    Quoted in agreement, I'd love to see Wally and his family just "out there" in the Multiverse, if I can bring along Jay Garrick (the original, not the NEW 52 one!) and Bart Allen and have effectively a Flash-World I'd be happy.

Sadly, I know DC better then to be naive enough to think I'd be that lucky.

Cheers.

James.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Barry is not a real person, Neither is Wally or, for that matter, any other DC character. I know you're perfectly aware of this, of course, but reading your post, some may not be sure of that fact.
    I know that none of the comic book characters or any character in a movie or show are real, which is why I don't really care about any of them (my liking of character is based on which person the writers haven't had screw up the most), and see that any wall-banging thing a character does is because of the writers choosing to make them do: like for Flashpoint, they basically wrote Barry as a man that cannot move on with his life (especially when you consider how much crap other DC characters have gone through but the writers never made them f*ck up the universe because they were sad), and too trusting since they had him take the word of someone no one has seen before.

Earth Defense Directorate buttler's Avatar

I don't hold it against Barry certainly, because that would be silly, but it is funny that the upshot of Flashpoint was that Barry screwed up the universe, and at then the end he screwed it up again--I mean, he put it back together but did it all wrong, creating the New 52.
    Blogging about Wonder Woman every Wednesday: theidiolect.com