Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Another argument I'd make is that Batman shouldn't have to kill the Joker if he doesn't want to, but he shouldn't go out of his way to save him especially from people with legitimate grievances with the clown.

All-New Member

Doesn't Batman kill Joker in Killing Joke?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TedKord View Post
    Nope, though Grant Morrison may disagree.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TedKord View Post
    Depends on who you ask. Or, how you read it.

And, I'm sure it's happened in other comics, too.

But, DC's never going to just stop using the Joker some day. And, the not killing thing is something they've put considerable effort into supporting and promoting with Batman, so that's unlikely to change soon, either.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    So, do you feel you, as an individual, would be willing to accept murdering someone that the courts and laws aren't willing to execute?
    Joker has been sentenced to death before.

All-New Member

For some reason I always thought of Killing Joke as an Elseworlds book. Even though what happened with Barbara and all that. That's off topic though haha

camelcorpse78

I've discussed my reasoning in full here [http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/news/?a=122773], but I am convinced Batman is immortal as long as Joker is alive (and knows this), and has chosen to allow Joker to live so that he (Batman) can protect Gotham from the largest amount of crime.

I think, DC would have to find the right team for this of course, it would be so interesting to see a limited series about Batman publicly dying and how the Joker deals with it. Or perhaps the Joker publicly dying and how Batman deals with it. If they put it in a limited, otherworldly series, they could investigate it and have both of them for real die, rather than disappear of be resurrected or whatever.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I_Wumbo_You_Wumbo View Post
    I think, DC would have to find the right team for this of course, it would be so interesting to see a limited series about Batman publicly dying and how the Joker deals with it. Or perhaps the Joker publicly dying and how Batman deals with it. If they put it in a limited, otherworldly series, they could investigate it and have both of them for real die, rather than disappear of be resurrected or whatever.
    They did that not too long ago and to pretty great effect in Arkham City: End Game which is a follow up to the video game Arkham City where the Joker died at the end.

All-New Member

My friend said that in one of the comics, the joker is let out of prison and he goes and gases loades of people. Batman is getting older and he kills joker in anger so the government send superman after him.

So when batman is older, he becomes darker and will kill joker in his anger.

Thumbs up

My answer to the opening post - Batman should not kill the Joker, doing so would diminish Batman's iconic status as a superhero who always tries to do the right thing no matter how hard it may be.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-17-2015 at 04:12 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

All-New Member

Batman should kill The Joker. The Joker keeps killing people and Batmans throws him in jail anyways.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wild_child2 View Post
    Batman should kill The Joker. The Joker keeps killing people and Batmans throws him in jail anyways.
    If it was real sure, but its an ongoing fictional work which thrives on the recycling of similar ideas in different situations.

Probably not because technically murder is murder and he needs to retain that status so the GCPD will trust him somewhat.

If someone should kill the Joker I'd go for either Jason or Barbara and then Bruce can have to deal with the fallout for that.