Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Steampunk comics?

Steampunk setting are very interesting. Yet I don't know of any steampunk comics outside of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Why do you think theres a lack of steampunk comics. Or do you know of some?

Steampunk
    Lady Mechanika
    The Legenderry line from Dynamite
    Steam Wars

Grandville has Steampunk elements to it.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Book three of Nemesis the Warlock by Pat Mills and Bryan Talbot is pretty much the first use of steampunk in comics. It's excellent, too.

Stickleback by Edgington and D'Israeli.
    BB

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Stickleback by Edgington and D'Israeli.
    Oh, yes. Fantastic. Some of the best art you'll ever see.

I checked on Comixology under the Steampunk genre and they list 90 titles.
    Although... I would look at the previews provided before buying.
    Some may not be as Steampunkish as you'd like.
    And the art styles do vary.

BTW... I've been toying with the idea of picking up the Legenderry books. They look really good.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-20-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Another vote for Legenderry here. I grabbed the paperback a couple months ago and I absolutely loved it. Some great art, a great story, and a really interesting take on some classic characters!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Picked up the FCBD issue this year, and I'm very tempted to get the first tpb collection.

Disney Steampunk!

80799._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

The SteamMan under the Dark Horse banner.
    It's more sci-fi than straight Steampunk, but I picked it up partially because of the Steampunk-esque vibe from it.

By the way, now that the three-part Lady Mechanika: The Clockwork Assassin series has wrapped up and
    Lady Mechanika is going on her winter holiday hiatus, but we'll be back next year with some brand new stories, including a Lady Mechanika story by Brian Augustyn, author of the first steampunk Batman comic, GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT!
    (from the back of issue #3)

Are there any current, ongoing steampunk comic series (not manga) still currently being published in single, paper (not just digital) issues?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A Lady Mechanika OHC Dlx vol.1 was released last week. It's a good starting point for the character & world.
    It's only $21 at InStockTrades.com and has the first one-shot issue #0 and the first 6 issue mini series.
    You can't find the single issues that cheap and the art looks great oversized.
    Depending on how they release these OHC volumes there should be enough for at least 3-4 more collections in over sized hardcover to get us up to the current mini-series, The Clockwork Assassin. I doubt that'll be the last entry in the saga either.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I thought Mr Hero was very good. (Tekno comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A Lady Mechanika OHC Dlx vol.1 was released last week. It's a good starting point for the character & world.
    It's only $21 at InStockTrades.com and has the first one-shot issue #0 and the first 6 issue mini series.
    You can't find the single issues that cheap and the art looks great oversized.
    Depending on how they release these OHC volumes there should be enough for at least 3-4 more collections in over sized hardcover to get us up to the current mini-series, The Clockwork Assassin. I doubt that'll be the last entry in the saga either.
    I've already got the tpb of Vol. 1 and will be getting Vol. 2, 3, and 4 in tpb. Bought The Clockwork Assassin in single issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I thought Mr Hero was very good. (Tekno comics)
    That was the series from back in 1995?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

That was the series from back in 1995?
    Yes. And thinking about it Teknophage...from same company and published around same time...also featured a lot of steam powered machinery and was even better. By which I mean I personally enjoyed it even more!

I seem to recall that reviewers at time gave both series a fair bit of stick because Neil Gaiman’s name was plastered on cover (because he came up with some of basic concepts) although other people wrote them.

They were two of the comparatively few series I kept to re-read sometime when I sold bulk of my collection.