Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default EW ranks the X-Men

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/21/x-men-best-worst/

Not a bad list. Don't agree with a lot of it though.

Kitty at #18 is decent. Though I rank her way higher.

Nightcrawler at #5 and Rogue at #4 are fine. I rank both higher but can't complain that they are in the Top 5.

Classic Jean trolling.

Saying Jean and Madelyne Pryor are the same character is laughable.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 05-21-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Moonstar's rank an write up are such disappointments.
    They also think to seem everyone is boring.
    Last edited by Celestial; 05-21-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Lol, Blink and Deadpool in the top 10? Husk beats Emma, Madrox, and Kitty? Artie and Leech in top 25? Such an epic trolling list, haha

Entertaining list

That list is totally trolling. And if you really don't know a character (like Pete Wisdom, who the author clearly doesn't have a clue about), don't bother ranking them! That's just lame. Also, I really wouldn't include Amanda Sefton with the X-Men.

BANNED

To be honest, I am surprised they went as in depth as they had on the list...it is Entertainment Weekly after all. I would have assumed it would only have been the movie chacraters that were voted as high as they had been.
    Unfortunately I agree with their top 2, Wolverine will rank higher than Cyclops from a non-fan perspective as they know who he is as a character. The movie itself you easily be called Wolverine and the X-men DOFP.
    Cyclops being #2 made me happy. It lost a lot of credibility from 3 down...Rogue number 4...really. When was the last time she had any relevance to the X-men in current state...she is not even the same chacrater that was introduced all those years back.
    To me the list seemed like more of a reason to troll and flame the characters than to actually be respectful (save for a few).

I chuckled at this one though.

68. Lockheed
    Kitty Pryde’s pet dragon. Arguably not an actual X-Man, partially because he’s a pet and partially because he doesn’t even have an alternate-universe future clone.

But...lol.

65. Daytripper/Magik/Amanda Sefton
    Another Excalibur person with a confusing array of powers, some of them magical. Am I severely underrating Excalibur here? Is this like Robbie Williams or Steve Coogan, something that only British people understand?
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-21-2014 at 12:21 PM.

BANNED

I love when fanz get outraged over LISTS. lol @ Jean's placement.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    That list is totally trolling. And if you really don't know a character (like Pete Wisdom, who the author clearly doesn't have a clue about), don't bother ranking them! That's just lame. Also, I really wouldn't include Amanda Sefton with the X-Men.
    Agree with all points, but it was pretty funny at times

I laughed.

64. Pixie
    Had insect wings, carried something called a “souldagger,” could teleport people places, threw hallucinogenic pixie dust at enemies. None of these powers have anything to do with the others.

48. Cypher/Doug Ramsay/Douglock/Warlock
    [Deep Breath] Doug Ramsay was a milquetoast blond kid with one of those powers that would actually be awesome in the real world but don’t really contribute much to Comic Book Land. He could understand all languages, decode all ciphers (hence his original codename.) Then he died. Warlock was a completely different character, a techno-organic alien from whatever corner of the universe decided to spend the ’80s creating “techno-organic” aliens. Then he died. Then Doug Ramsay and Warlock were double-resurrected into a single lifeform, known as “Douglock.” Now they’re separate again. If Shane Carruth ever makes a comic book movie, it will probably be a lot like that.

46. Nocturne
    Daughter of an alternate-reality Nightcrawler and Scarlet Witch. Basically a mash-up of two completely different characters, which turns out isn’t the worst idea. For reasons maybe my psychologist understands, I’m naturally inclined to give extra credit to blue characters with tails.

But the following over Jean Grey cracks me up.

28. The Stepford Cuckoos
    Cruel mean-girl quintuplets with Philadelphia Story-worth names (Celeste, Esme, Irma, Phoebe, Sophie.) Share a hive mind, which allows them to perform all manner of freaky brain-related actions. Retroactively revealed as clone daughter-sisters of Emma Frost. Basically seem like evil Hitlerette style fascists, which makes their general heroism surprisingly endearing.

I do love how high he has these guys. Love these cuties.

23. Artie and Leech
    An essential weirdo-pair with ties to Generation X and the Future Foundation, which is basically Generation X mixed with Jack Kirby and Roy Lichtenstein. Great small-scale powers: Leech takes other people’s abilities away from them, while Artie communicates by projecting telepathic holograms. One is green and one is pink.

BB Rogue.

4. Rogue
    She’s been a young villain-ingenue and a flowing-hair babe with a Gambit fixation, but there’s always something fundamentally sad and fascinating about Rogue. Her superpower is tragic at the level of great science-fiction: If she touches anyone, she absorbs their powers, their memories, their whole life. (Touch them too long and they die.) Rogue is how you teach kids about melancholy.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-21-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Agree with all points, but it was pretty funny at times
    Oh, it was funny all right, but his lack of knowledge of some characters is obvious.

And I thought the Marvel list was bad.

BANNED

move over Newsarama, a new contender shows up for the "worst lists ever" award