Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Star Wars: Rogue One

Director Gareth Edwards Reveals 'Star Wars: Rogue One' Centers on Death Star Heist

Pablo Hidalgo also revealed an official logline for the film: "A rogue band of resistance fighters unite for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans."

Director Gareth Edwards (Monsters [2010] and Godzilla [2014]) added that the film is set between Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars, and that it won't won't have clear-cut villains and heroes.
    It's also very much a war film, he said. "It's called Star WARS," he joked, getting a laugh from the crowd.

“It’s about the fact that god’s not coming to save us, and we’re on our own,” said Edwards. “The absence of the Jedi is omnipresent in the film. It hangs over the whole movie.”

Filming starts this summer.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I wonder if this movie is about Death Star 1 or 2. I guess 2 since the first one was a surprise to them (and the Bothans died to bring the plans for 2).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

I wonder if this movie is about Death Star 1 or 2. I guess 2 since the first one was a surprise to them (and the Bothans died to bring the plans for 2).
    As I understand it, this has already been confirmed to take place between eps. 3 and 4.

yeah its about the first death star and since leia stole the plans for the first one and rogue group/squadron wasn't in a new hope it just shows how far their heads are up their...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    As I understand it, this has already been confirmed to take place between eps. 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Pablo Hidalgo also revealed an official logline for the film: "A rogue band of resistance fighters unite for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans."
    Seriously? Snore.

“The absence of the Jedi is omnipresent in the film."
    How about a movie set in and around wretched hives of scum and villainy? With Han and/or Lando as principal characters? Sans Jedi, too, naturally.

Niffleheim

I would love a Lando Calrissian movie
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-21-2015 at 04:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Seriously? Snore.

How about a movie set in and around wretched hives of scum and villainy? With Han and/or Lando as principal characters? Sans Jedi, too, naturally.
    I'm ok with there being no new movie about young Han or Lando. Don't really want to see different people playing them, at all.

I would enjoy a Star Wars movie that wasn't only about Jedi.

I'm ok with there being no new movie about young Han or Lando. Don't really want to see different people playing them, at all.
    That's the problem: no other actors will do Ford or Williams justice when it comes to those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    I would enjoy a Star Wars movie that wasn't about Jedi.
    I agree.

I imagine this movie will play off Vader's line, "There will be no one to stop us this time!", which since I was a kid always made me think, "Wait, who stopped them last time??"

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    yeah its about the first death star and since leia stole the plans for the first one and rogue group/squadron wasn't in a new hope it just shows how far their heads are up their...
    There's no reason whatsoever that the Rebels couldn't have been using the Rogue callsign before Yavin, all the old Rogue Squadron stuff is almost entirely EU and thus non canon now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    I imagine this movie will play off Vader's line, "There will be no one to stop us this time!", which since I was a kid always made me think, "Wait, who stopped them last time??"
    Why do you imagine that?

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

I rather them do DS1 than two because you know they are not going to do a movie about dog-faced aliens.
    But since the director is Gareth Edwards i dont care. That dude sucks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I rather them do DS1 than two because you know they are not going to do a movie about dog-faced aliens.
    But since the director is Gareth Edwards i dont care. That dude sucks.
    It's set between Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

It's set between Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars.
    Well then, there we go.

We did see in one of the prequels, a hologram of the Death Star so I guess someone would know about it or at least that the Empire had a big weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Fans would probably have a fit but since we never see Bothans onscreen there isn't a canon look to them.

I only saw a couple credits to him as a director and they were films I didn't see, so I have no opinion about him. We'll see.