Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Instinct and faith are not tactics.
    Usually not. But if you have someone who has a a connection to a mystical force which allows him sense things (e.g see the future) and do stuff no normal human can, then relying on this force becomes tactics. It is not blind faith, the force is a real thing in the SWU. Luke´s faith in the force for example helped destroying the Death Star and he was barely trained at this time.

Rogue One should pass Dr Strange today and into the top 10 yearly WW box office, given how well it's legs are and that it's expected to finish number 1 again this week on what's expected to be a pretty busy movie weekend it should leapfrog Suicide Squad and Fantastic Beasts. It might even pass Deadpool. It's looking like it'll definitely be the number one domestic movie of the year.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Usually not. But if you have someone who has a a connection to a mystical force which allows him sense things (e.g see the future) and do stuff no normal human can, then relying on this force becomes tactics. It is not blind faith, the force is a real thing in the SWU. Luke´s faith in the force for example helped destroying the Death Star and he was barely trained at this time.
    Acting on instinct is the opposite of thinking. Even Qui-Gon Jinn says so.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The argument was why didnt they have a DA by EP7 not who wanted to build one.

But that's not what i mean. I mean not forcing people to do things they dont want to do.

They threatened Jyn for Saw access. They said that if she doesnt want to make the introduction they would dump her back where they found her. Which was an Imperial Labor camp.

But it' snot.

Nope, it was just about the DS.

Copying again.

His idea of what he can achieve wasnt even something he totally believed in cause he told Leia who she was and to basically be the next gen of Jedis if he didnt make it.
    So now we are saying the Jedi are the same as the Sith because they force bad people to stop doing bad things.

Jyns personal issue with the DS in ni way invalidates her desire to stop the Empire. Saying so completely ignores her speech to the rebels about the need to battle evil.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Jyns personal issue with the DS in ni way invalidates her desire to stop the Empire. Saying so completely ignores her speech to the rebels about the need to battle evil.
    For what it's worth, the novelization does indicate that Jyn's main motivation for going on the mission was that it was her father's dying wish to see the Death Star destroyed. (Because of the way the Rebels blackmailed her and lied to her about her father's extraction, the novelization points out she didn't have any kind feelings for them.) On the other hand, the novelization also points out that she adopted the mission as her own pretty quickly. That, and her willingness to do it in the first place suggest that she had become a different person from the deeply flawed, angry, and self-interested individual we were introduced to in the movie/novelization's beginning (the old Jyn Erso only wanted to make the introductions to Saw and then leave everything behind -- from the Alliance to her father).

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I watched this movie for the second time on DVD. When I saw it in the theaters, I came away thinking it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. But after watching it the second time, it's much better than my original assessment of the movie.

Yes, the movie still has it's flaws, but when you look past them, it's a pretty darn good movie.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor