Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Just not digging the "Escape from New York" vibe with the lead character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    She really seems nothing at all like Snake Plissken.

There isn't even kind of that vibe to her.

Would probably be more interesting if she did have that vibe about her.

BANNED

The first trailer was a lot better.

Where is Mads Mikkelsen?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The first trailer was a lot better.

Where is Mads Mikkelsen?
    I completely agree. This second trailer did nothing for me. Even the Vader tease felt tacked on. Still looking forward though.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I completely agree. This second trailer did nothing for me. Even the Vader tease felt tacked on. Still looking forward though.
    I can't wait for a complication for all the Youtube reaction trailers and how they literally scream their lungs out on that Vader tease.

Because screaming = showing emotion.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I can't wait for a complication for all the Youtube reaction trailers and how they literally scream their lungs out on that Vader tease.

Because screaming = showing emotion.
    Oh god reaction vids especially the ones who have dedicated channels to them, eurgh hate them. (Don't mind as much if some channels I sub to, do it occasionally)
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I really like some of the shots in this trailer, also this is the first one that does appear to have a dedicated X Wing scene, also the first time we head the Alan Tudyk voiced droid speak, and it sounds good

Outside some very VERY superficial similarities that's a really flimsy comparison. Just for starters, the thought of Snake Plissken playing nice with others at all much less leading or participating in any way form or shape with a team is laughable.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-12-2016 at 04:49 AM.

Spectacular Member

Looks good but I can see the average moviegoer being bored if the story is just a out stealing the death star plans

It's kind of clear from the original opening scroll for the original film that the plans were stolen during a battle (. (Although the original EU had several different versions, some involving space battles, some more secretive, or some as mundane as the rebels just picking up the broadcast of the plans).

"Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.
    During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet."

Looks great.

I'm a little burned out on Star Wars, but this looks like it'll be different enough to be fun. It looks beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

Outside some very VERY superficial similarities that's a really flimsy comparison. Just for starters, the thought of Snake Plissken playing nice with others at all much less leading or participating in any way form or shape with a team is laughable.

Its the 21st Century PC SJW version of EFNYC. But lets see. A Prisoner that is being more or less forced to go on what is for all examples appears to be a suicide mission via threat and promise of some reward for pulling it off. ...Yeah. Pretty Superficial.

BANNED

Does Vader look weird to anyone else? He almost looks like a kid in the Vader costume.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 08-12-2016 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

Its the 21st Century PC SJW version of EFNYC. But lets see. A Prisoner that is being more or less forced to go on what is for all examples appears to be a suicide mission via threat and promise of some reward for pulling it off. ...Yeah. Pretty Superficial.

And that movie isn't even the first to do such a thing.

The main character in this doesn't look anything like Snake, she doesn't talk anything like Snake, she does seem to have a similar personality To Snake, she doesn't seem to have the same kind of background as Snake, she really doesn't seem anything at all like Snake. This movie so far also doesn't seem to have similar music, lighting, or anything aesthetically related to Escape From New York. Given that Eacape From New York didn't come up with the thing you're talking about, yeah, you're right, the similarities are pretty superficial.

It would actually be pretty cool if she was like a female Snake, but she sure doesnt seem to be in any way based on the trailers.

BANNED

I really hope the Star Wars music is just a thing for this trailer, because originally they were talking about how they weren't using the John Williams score so to make this movie feel different.