Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

it looks like Gareth Edwards has made a really good looking movie if nothing else.

Mighty Member

Awsome trailer

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

All the good actors and the story looks incredible. I know I'm going to love this movie.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

i think the trailer implies that vader executes the main villian and whitaker will sacrifice himself. hope something else will happen though
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

This trailer has me pumped more than the last few trailers did. I like the fact that this film has a different style and tone from the main movie series and from what I can tell the action and acting looks to be pretty good. I am still more excited for Episode 8 but this should tide me over until that movie releases next year.

Love the new trailer. Don't know if this movie is going to generate the same response that The Force Awakened generated, but it looks like an entertaining entry into the Star Wars mythos.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Love the new trailer. Don't know if this movie is going to generate the same response that The Force Awakened generated, but it looks like an entertaining entry into the Star Wars mythos.
    I may be way off base; but, I suspect this one will be held up with the originals, in years to come. It may not get the box office; but, I think it will be one that people come back to and put on par with Empire. This is the first one in a long time that spoke of emotions and characters, to me, not just cool visuals and Star wars tropes. It feels like the kind of adventures that Archie Goodwin used to write, both in the Marvel comics and the newspaper strip. Those had emotional depth and a sense of danger and fun. I get that vibe here. For me, Force Awakens was entertaining; but, was a little too much of a pure remake of the original, with too many "Hey, look at me!" moments in the special effects. I did like the new characters, though, and am interested to see what happens to them next; but, if it is more rehashing of the same old recycled plots, I won't be very happy and probably won't stick it out until the end. This feels like classic adventure movies, like the Dirty Dozen, the Guns of Navarone, the Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven. That was part of what was great in the original Star Wars (with its nods to Kurosawa, Errol Flynn, westerns, and Flash Gordon). At the same time, it doesn't feel like a retread, even if there are parallel characters and plot points.

Incredible Member

Great trailer. The characters do look to show some personality in this one which was the biggest plus. Also it will definitely be a very pretty film to look at with some great shots to remember.

Will Edwards tell a good story though? That's the question.

Some people will be fine with the movie being good. A lot of others will not. IMO, this movie needs to at least be great. And Disney needs it to be great as well, because a meh, just okay, decent movie may mean that people may not come back for another spin off. At least not in the numbers this one will.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Well, I loved the 1st trailer and then the studio interferred... hope it doesn't stray too far from what was envisioned originally

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Great trailer. The characters do look to show some personality in this one which was the biggest plus. Also it will definitely be a very pretty film to look at with some great shots to remember.

Will Edwards tell a good story though? That's the question.

Some people will be fine with the movie being good. A lot of others will not. IMO, this movie needs to at least be great. And Disney needs it to be great as well, because a meh, just okay, decent movie may mean that people may not come back for another spin off. At least not in the numbers this one will.
    Next spin off is young Han Solo (that will probably at least have a Harrison Ford cameo if he's still able to do it) so I think it will be a hit no matter what.

But yeah, if they want the franchise to last beyond the next trilogy, they need to do a good job. It will be interesting to see if they go the Marvel-movie route where almost every movie has the same feel, or if they are willing to go different in tones....

You know what a young Han Solo movie doesn't need? The original guy there reminding you just how much the new guy doesn't look and sound like him. There's no reason to bring him back for a past story anyway; they just killed the damn guy off like he wanted anyways, no need to drag him back.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Never really noticed it until I saw this picture today, but the robot is very Miyazaki looking.

Makes me wish that Rogue One robot looks more worn and weathered.
    I don't think this is the first time the films have taken some inspiration from Miyazaki's work-the Trade Federation landing craft in TPM seem to also echo designs from Laputa and Nausicca-and of course John Lasseter is a big Miyazaki fan (Although I don't think he's as involved with the Star Wars side of things). Lucas has stated he like's anime too but he's been kind of vague in that regard (He is of course a huge fan of Kurosawa) Funny thing though, the inspiration for Miyazaki's Laputa robot apparentally is from the original Fleisher Superman man cartoons.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yen's wrist gauntlets bear an interesting resemblance to Boba Fett's. Of course we've seen it in trailers and other pics but I think that's the first really good look at it.

Speaking of which, some early promos for Rogue One, such as the toy fair, seemed to hint that maybe there'd be an appearance by Fett, or at least his ship. Everybody's been so focused on Vader appearing, maybe Disney's kept him a well-kept secret. Or maybe they're just saving him for the Han film(s).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-27-2016 at 05:52 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth