Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I'm not employed, per se, at the moment but I look after my elderly parents (who are in quite poor health) on a full time basis and I'm a recognised carer and the truth is that I'm NOT really reading comics at the moment. I do buy a bundle of digital books occasionally and I can fit some reading time in but it tends to be late afternoon, after lunch but before dinner (somewhere between 2-5pm) and late at night when my parents are away to bed that I have time to be able to concentrate and read. I'm 100% digital apart from the occasional TPB.

weekend morning/early afternoon reading.

I read them in the evening if I have time. Or lazy Sunday mornings

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Normally I read them in the evenings like I do with other books I read. I find it to be a good way to unwind. Sometime I also read them on weekends but most of the time I'm to busy with other things on the weekends to have time for that specially when the weather is nice.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I don't know how people stand sitting on buses, trains, or in waiting rooms without reading material (or headphones at the very least). I read on the bus, the subway, on planes, during office hours where I'm not otherwise occupied, even if it's just ten pages here, ten pages a little later. I take breaks from heavy work and read something, often a single issue or short 8-12 pg comic to keep from being overwhelmed or misjudging the work from overfocusing.

I've never seen a job where short breaks didn't help work productivity. And, that probably goes doubly for creative work.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

During my commute or the just before I start work. Unfortunately, they're short reads so it's rare that it's more than 10 minutes an issue, if that.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Since going digital I'll binge read. I'll sit down on a weekend & just spend the day reading & deleating as I go.

Since the digital move I find that I caring less & less about keeping up with the latest releases. Recently realized I'm backed up 2 issues on the new fem Thor and about a TPB back on The Walking Dead.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I'm severely underemployed right now, so I have plenty of time for reading comics. Although I have less money to buy them with...

Like others on here, my ritual is to read a couple before bed. Collections at work during lunch.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

I tend to save all my reading for my off days and occasionally before work.

All-New Member

Full-time work and full-time education! It sounds like he's one of those people who can get by on little sleep. I envy that! I need my 8 hours so I have to wait for the weekends for comics

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I have stacks of unread comics I still plan to get to. I got more caught up on Astro City while dealing with a bout of insomnia. Woke up way to early, didn't want to get up entirely but couldn't sleep and then remembered I had those. I like that title while I'm reading it, I almost forgot how much.

Astonishing Member

Bus to work. The Bus sucks but having time to read your books makes it priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by TEE BRYCE View Post
    Full-time work and full-time education! It sounds like he's one of those people who can get by on little sleep. I envy that! I need my 8 hours so I have to wait for the weekends for comics
    He gets around six or seven hours of sleep each night. You would think he's the kind of person who could go without, but he's steadfast in his schedule and super grumpy if he doesn't get any sleep.
    “You don't know what it's like to live in different worlds, to travel on great adventures through the galaxy with people you know better than you know your own family. To live and die with them.”

Before Work / Before Sleep , Hockey intermissions.