Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default A better look at the new Superman: July solicits

ACTION COMICS #42

Written by GREG PAK

Art and cover by AARON KUDER

TEEN TITANS GO! Variant cover by DAN HIPP

On sale JULY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

The Superman epic you never expected – “TRUTH” continues! Who will stand by Clark Kent?

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #22

Written by GREG PAK

Art and cover ARDIAN SYAF and VICENTE CIFUENTES

TEEN TITANS GO! Variant cover by DAN HIPP

On sale JULY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

The Superman epic you never expected – “TRUTH” continues! Can Superman accept the truth about his new partner? Featuring the all-new Batman!

MARTIAN MANHUNTER #2

Written by ROB WILLIAMS

Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA

1:25 Variant cover by ERIC CANETE

On sale JULY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

It’s the Man of Steel versus the Martian Manhunter as Superman demands to know what J’onn J’onnz knew about the Martians’ terrible plans for Earth.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yo, my dude an that bike doe! And that Action Comics cover is lieterally one of the best Superman related things I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. Whatever the case may be with this new arc and new Superman, I can at least say I'm very much interested!!!

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

So....depowered and with his secret identity revealed?
    I know one Superguy who's in trouble.
    Then again, if he can take a punch from the Martian in the face, I guess he's not too depowered.
    Also,like the chains thing on that cover. Plus, see? People actually like Superman in this universe too.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

It really need a better look? it's jeans and a t-shirt.

superman doesn't even look like superman, too gruff and dirt. could swear it was bruce doing a superman cosplay on bat v sup

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superman and chains have a long history together. I think this is the first cover where he didn't break them.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm not really as troubled by it anymore, I just really hope the comics don't suck as bad as they could. Please guys, show me that motorcycle supes isn't extraordinarily stupid. Shw me that this isn't a lazy callback to another writer's good story.

BANNED

The hell?

Is Didio trying to make us want Nu 52 Superman back?

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    The hell?

Yes. And I'm dangerously close to begging.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    The hell?

probably...

he is too weak that have to put some tissues on his hands to punch. the motorcycle, his haircut, smeels batman zero year to me. but too late

I was very skeptical when the post-Convergence direction started coming to light. But its winning me over more and more. Those covers are awesome and there's something just so damn fun about the idea of Superman cruising around on a red and blue motorcycle. Wonder what the chances are of the chassis being made from Kryptonian materials so it can sustain itself in a battle situation. Seeing it in the sketches there makes me happy that it doesn't seem to be just a Batman/Superman thing and he's going to be using it in all his titles.

In fact that's the best way to describe how all this looks. Fun. So I'm in. Oh, and I love the Action cover with all the Superman supporters behind him.

And for god's sake I hope they keep Kuder around just like Pak. He could be the definitive Superman artist of this era if he sticks with him consistently.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-20-2015 at 03:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Do not like

My curiosity is piqued. I generally disliked de-powered Superman, but I think you can do this for a limited amount of time. Maybe. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    It really need a better look? it's jeans and a t-shirt.

superman doesn't even look like superman, too gruff and dirt. could swear it was bruce doing a superman cosplay on bat v sup
    It looks like Superman to me. No one informed me Batman had ownership over everything gruff, dirty and street looking.

Astonishing Member

Is Superman going back to remember the little guy again, sounds good. At least that's what the action cover looks like.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Looks awful to me. If you like it, no problem, but it's too far outside the bounds of how I perceive the character to be anything but silly, in my opinion. It reeks of writers and artists trying too hard to make Superman "down to earth" or "kewl" or whatever they think the young readers they're courting want to read.
    Last edited by andersonh1; 04-20-2015 at 04:59 PM.