Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Absolutely insane. This guy doesn't know his Spidey ass from his elbow. It might have been somewhat entertaining to watch that train wreck happen, but I am sure glad it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Oh, it's both scary and hysterical when you read this stuff, that's for sure. And in case you guys are wondering about what Spider-Man has to do with the Savage Land, that ties into their planned Sinister Six movie which was supposed to be written and directed by Drew Goddard. And if you thought the proposal from Screen Gem's Executive Director of Creative Advertising was nuts, get a load of what we might have actually gotten from the Sinister Six spin-off, which was green-lit and in development.

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2...ter-six-movie/
    I think I remember something about Spider-Man teaming up with the Six to fight Carnage, but this is clearly something different. I would have liked tho see them bring this Gog character to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    I think I remember something about Spider-Man teaming up with the Six to fight Carnage, but this is clearly something different. I would have liked tho see them bring this Gog character to life.
    Yeah, from what I could gather when I wrote the piece for Crawlspace, the idea of Spidey wearing the black costume and the Sinister Six fighting Carnage was an alternative plan proposed by Matt Tolmach right around the time Sony was considering their deal with Feige. Gog, it seems, was part of Drew Goddard's original treatment for Sinister Six. Which makes sense since Gog first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #103 in which Peter goes to the Savage Land and teams up with Kazar to rescue Gwen from Kraven the Hunter and Gog. But of course, Sony ran into a big snag when came to whether or not they could get permission to use the Savage Land, as reported by Bleeding Cool.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

One of the weird things Sony was planning was Spider-Man sequels without Spider-Man in the name. It makes sense given the lack of spinoff characters, and other franchises have pulled it off (The Dark Knight/ Man of Steel, James Bond) although the difference here was that there were new Writer/ Directors as well. That's just an odd strategy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    You're clearly an insider at Sony. There's no other way you could know this.
    Curses, my cover's been blown! *Throws smoke bomb*

Anyway, in the link Stillanerd posted, they did compare it to Suicide Squad. However, I think Sinister Six was already planned before we were really at a point to seriously expect Suicide Squad, so the comparison was likely made after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If Sony had stuck to that plan, they'd have been well-off.

One problem is that they forgot the "few resources" part, so that Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a really high budget, which meant it had to earn more money to be a hit.
    I think Pascal's faith is why the budget was set higher than it probably should have been. Granted, I understand why she had set her expectations so high, so maybe dropping Rhino would have helped. Then again he worked to inspire Peter to have a heroic moment at the end of the movie, so… that probably would have needed to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One of the weird things Sony was planning was Spider-Man sequels without Spider-Man in the name. It makes sense given the lack of spinoff characters, and other franchises have pulled it off (The Dark Knight/ Man of Steel, James Bond) although the difference here was that there were new Writer/ Directors as well. That's just an odd strategy.
    I like "Amazing Spider-Man: Jackal" as an example of a title, so if it was something like "Amazing Spider-Man" was the prefix to most movies, and the titles we're familiar with were used as subtitles (Think "Marvel's The Avengers"), that could have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Anyway, in the link Stillanerd posted, they did compare it to Suicide Squad. However, I think Sinister Six was already planned before we were really at a point to seriously expect Suicide Squad, so the comparison was likely made after the fact.
    That's correct. Sony was already well underway with the development of Sinister Six project months beforehand; and, as that quote I mentioned in the article implies, once they researched into what other film studios were doing and found out DC was doing a Suicide Squad movie, that's when it was advised they shouldn't "dilly dally."
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

... and absolutely none of the pitched synopses involved Miles Morales. (sigh.) Typical.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

I'd have loved seeing some of this come to fruition. Except maybe the Kraven interquel.

It's hilarious how each film ends with "And then Spider-Man fights them"

ASM: Jackal (second half 2019) - Dr Miles Warren had fallen in love with Gwen when she interned at Oscorp. When she died he blamed Spidey for her death and vowed vengeance. He attempts to clone her but fails. Instead using the blood and tissue samples that Norman had Kraven acquire he creates two low-grade clones of Peter, one who will eventually Ben Reilly and the other Kaine. He uses these to clones to unleash chaos on the city and not until Spidey defeats them and figures out that they are the same can the bring down Jackal. Here we see the birth of Scarlet Spider.
    Mmm, fan-fiction.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

The last bit, about the female spin-off, is up.

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2...ff/#more-48258

They were talking about Spider-Gwen internally before Spider-Gwen was revealed as part of Spider-Verse.

But it's this part that might make people scratch their heads. They had discussed internally bringing Emma Stone back as Gwen.

We were just talking about the fact she doesn’t have her next movie and she really wants to play a “bitch”… we started talking about how Gwen Stacey comes back as Carnage in one of the comics. We had a good giggle looking at the sexy red Gwen/Carnage images on line. Definitely a thought to consider for the future… could be really cool/sexy/intense to see her and Spidey fight. Or her and MJ…
    I can't believe they actually joked about a Gwen vs. MJ fight. (Would they have made MJ into Venom?)

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's hilarious how each film ends with "And then Spider-Man fights them"
    Yes. I think thats the story script I'll send to Marvel for their ok, to break into the comic business. "Spidey punches a bunch of people in costumes."
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Amazing Member

Yikes if I'm the CEO of Valiant Entertainment I'd be worried.

I guess the guy was just split balling ideas to see what could get approved. It looked more like they wanted to expand his world instead of deeping the methos around it.

BANNED

Or wanted a reaction